**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Drop rates of good champs vs bad champs

Dear Mods,

Are you able to confirm that the drop rates of champs within a crystal is the same for all champs of the same star category?

Eg, 5* featured crystal: all champs have equal probability of being pulled. Premium hero crystal: 2% chance to get a 4* and equal chance of getting god tier vs thrash tier.

Reason I am curious is that there seems to be a lot of thrash champs being pulled than what even probability would suggest. Good If you can debunk this myth

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,235 ★★★★★
    They've said many times that it's the same rate unless otherwise specified.
    It's also worth noting that the God Tier list people are trying for is much smaller than the actual number of Champs available. It's inevitably going to yield more, through no fault of the design.
  • TitanPunchTitanPunch Posts: 60
    It's also worth noting that the God Tier list people are trying for is much smaller than the actual number of Champs available. It's inevitably going to yield more, through no fault of the design.

Can you refer me to their previous official reply?
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    Trash*
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,277 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    “Said many times” is not “We verified it in-house and via third-party and this is how we do it before and after every code change: *explains process*
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    I read a thread on Reddit that stated champs are given a 1-10 rating and the champs that are most attainable are in the 3-7 range so most likely you would get an average champ. Not sure if this is true but it seems very believable
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    edited December 2018
    TitanPunch wrote: »

Can you refer me to their previous official reply?

oklrsls2s3t5.png

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-our-brains-do-not-intuitively-grasp-probabilities/
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    Sigh
  • Hey there, the chance to pull any particular Champion available from a crystal is the same as pulling any other particular Champion, unless otherwise specified.
This discussion has been closed.