**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5 Star Corvus

Genghis_SlimGenghis_Slim Posts: 44
edited December 2018 in General Discussion
Is anyone else’s Corvus taking coldsnap and bleed damage, with glave charges/glave “immunity” active? It’s super frustrating...is this a bug or am I missing something? Please Help!w55rpr9mtzmk.png

Comments

• Genghis_SlimGenghis_Slim Posts: 44
    edited December 2018
    He definitely was(I wouldn’t have posted it otherwise :)) and it’s happened on more than one occasion. This screen shot just happened to be between ticks. When his “immunity” activates properly, I think ‘immune’ pops vice the ‘red coldsnap’ , although I could be mistaken
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    There isnt any red numbers indicating damage. The cold snap icon still shows but you don't take any damage, same with bleed.
  • 玩玩玩家玩玩玩家 Posts: 441
    i have 5* CG too, yes CG is having something not right... but i don't know what went wrong.
    https://youtu.be/kgevwhZtlFU
    @Genghis_Slim no coldsnap to start but when Glaive is deactivated he takes damage.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    He definitely was(I wouldn’t have posted it otherwise :)) and it’s happened on more than one occasion. This screen shot just happened to be between ticks. When his “immunity” activates properly, I think ‘immune’ pops vice the ‘red coldsnap’ , although I could be mistaken

Lol sure. Ok ;)

And no, no immunity symbol pops up on screen, because he's not technically immune. He just doesn't take any damage from the debuff, but the debuff is still active.

@RandomizerRuns_4 Here's one of those other occasions @Genghis_Slim was referring to. It's hard to know if this bug has actually been fixed because it hasn't been acknowledged in the changelog:

https://youtu.be/z6lM6LY6i9I
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/105591/coldsnap-bug-again#latest

I posted this not too long ago. Never remembered seeing a fix for it so I haven’t used Corvus against Iceman since.
    edited December 2018

Lol sure. Ok ;)

And no, no immunity symbol pops up on screen, because he's not technically immune. He just doesn't take any damage from the debuff, but the debuff is still active.

@RandomizerRuns_4 Here's one of those other occasions @Genghis_Slim was referring to. It's hard to know if this bug has actually been fixed because it hasn't been acknowledged in the changelog:

Thanks for the screen grab DT...hopefully Kabam fixes this. Maybe there is some way to, dare I say, ‘compensate’ those who have suffered..lost positions and revives not to mention spending units. Funny how very few AI defenders ever have a “disadvantageous bug”....but anyways thanks guys! kinda happy and sad I’m not the only one experiencing this....cheers!
    edited December 2018

Lol sure. Ok ;)

I see... alright then you win

Thanks 😂
    I literally posted a video showing it wasn't affecting him? Hes working how hes supposed to in duels.
  • csexton00csexton00 Posts: 131
    I took cold snap damage all through the Champions Clash and have noticed it still happening. I thought there must have been a node that caused this or something. Glad I am not the only one to be affected.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★

Lol sure. Ok ;)

I agree that in the scenario of that video, it really looks like a bug. But i haven't faced any problems like this when i play against iceman. So who knows, maybe it has been fixed already.

https://youtu.be/z6lM6LY6i9I[/quote]

I agree that in the scenario of that video, it really looks like a bug. But i haven't faced any problems like this when i play against iceman. So who knows, maybe it has been fixed already.[/quote]

It hasn’t been fixed man....I would NOT have started the thread otherwise....I just had it happen today 😂
    JRock808 wrote: »
    Someone literally posted a video in this thread showing he is taking coldsnap damage. I know you can't accept being wrong, but in this case you clearly are.

Your experience in a duel is not indicative of every other experience of every other player.

Youre right. I mean that video was taken before the update and clearly negates anyone elses expierence much like you said about mine. I don't know what i was thinking when i made that video yesterday showing the interaction after the update is working as intended.

I forgot people can only post anything that puts the game in a negative spotlight. Forgive me for my ignorance.
    edited December 2018
    Read the thread....DT has shown coldsnap damage...as well as another thread from a couple weeks ago, unanswered and not mentioned in change logs...it’s not a matter of whether or not its a bug/problem at this point, but rather if you’re effected by it. Thanks for the comments...hope it draws Kabam attention and a fixed is applied. 🙂
  • Delta_14Delta_14 Posts: 64
    I'd noticed this on a few occasions but hadn't been able to replicate it, so I'd written it off as my mind playing tricks on me. Glad to know I'm not entirely crazy!
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    Copying and pasting a previous comment:
    It's hard to know if this bug has actually been fixed because it hasn't been acknowledged in the changelog:

The bug is random, possibly because RNG now affects bugs. I would think one of the reasons Kabam asks for information like synergies, boosts, game mode, and champion used is because those variables can influence the occurrence of bugs. If so doing a few duels without a certain bug occurring is not proof that bug has been fixed.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    I see what is happening here. Cold snap is being applied when Glaive immunity is shut off.

I don't know whether CG should take damage in such instances or not i.e. when DoT is applied in immunity down time ... we all know it shouldn't and it doesn't in case when the immunity is on when the DoT is applied.

has anyone tested this against bleeders who apply bleed in specials once the immunity goes down?

No when I was experiencing this issue it was at the very start of the fight, this one in particular in arena. This also happened in AQ on a bleed node. In both instances I started taking damage at the start of the fight and was never knocked down.
  • Hey there, we currently have a thread going where we are gathering information on this here. If possible, would those of you who are seeing this issue let us know what game modes/maps you've seen this happen in, which opponents you were fighting, what device you are using, and if you had any boosts or synergies active?
This discussion has been closed.