**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

4 years...howling commando?? [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Le_Marv_8Le_Marv_8 Posts: 84
    Was actually looking forward to getting the title, everything else that's given is rather meh. Hope to get a new title soon. Not a fan of the Howling Commando title I got last year, getting it again this year would suck balls.
  • ImnewbyImnewby Posts: 34
    Dude. Apparently me too. I have the purchase date as well. So disrespectful.

8km64dp09e8l.png

I downloaded the game the same day, not sure of the time though ncx30r61x70v.jpeg
    The response was that the cutoff is Dec. 11th 10am (2014). I assume they were more generous on the requirements last year. I missed the cutoff for Ancient One by less than 24 hours this year.

I wore the Howling Commando title all of last year, this year I will keep the title blank. I guess I didn’t earn it but I still feel disappointed.

• mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    I have howling commando but didn't get the new title.
  • Viper247Viper247 Posts: 13
    On this 4 year anniversary I still got my last year badge which was the howling comando badge and now this year I got the same badge instead of the ancient one. Not sure where the disconnect was. Does anyone know how to get in touch with Kabam to help fix this? I changed my name in the game also not sure if that makes a difference?
  • My account not received taskmaster
  • doom722doom722 Posts: 99
    Cool
  • Since there are title issues again this year, I believe it is apropos to bring this up... again. (See here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/37449/howling-commando-title)
    Hey All,

If you got the same Title twice, don't worry! We're looking into it and will make sure that all the "Ancient One"s out there get the correct title!
    Miike, while you are at it, can you also look into getting all of the "from the beginning" players awarded with the "from the beginning" title? Since the Anniversary Week dates are plainly listed in the titles as Dec 10 through 17, it is only fitting, appropriate, and expected that Dec 17, 2014 is the cutoff date to be considered for awarding said title. I sat by patiently last year, thinking the title would arrive on exactly the date of my anniversary, but it never did. Please address this issue.
    The response was that the cutoff is Dec. 11th 10am (2014). I assume they were more generous on the requirements last year. I missed the cutoff for Ancient One by less than 24 hours this year.
    From who did you receive this response? Kabam support? Well, then they have multiple ideas of the cutoff floating around! If it were Dec 11, 2014, which would be VERY restrictive, then only Day 1 players would be considered "from the beginning". And that is not correct, nor should it be. Esp. considering the lack of clarification given last year during the announcement, I think it is only reasonable that all Week 1 players are considered "from the beginning"... esp those of us that have stuck around all 4 years continuously, without a break.

The response I got last year was "before Dec 17, 2014", but that was never expounded upon. Esp. considering that there is one little aspect of the date which you did allude to that Kabam has NEVER clarified... the time! So, since Kabam did not clarify last year (y'know, "from the beginning" of announcing anniversary titles, lol), then they should clarify this year, and be generous with it... Dec 17, 2014, 11:59.59 pm IDLW. Then nobody who actually played during Week 1 would be overlooked, regardless of where they live.
    Goddess_1 wrote: »
    uauha3g4igaq.png
    Just in case anybody was not clear on the dates included in the title, Goddess' screenshot clearly shows Dec 17... the date for the end of the Anniversary Week, and therefore the end date which should be used for any reference to "from the beginning".

Please address, Kabam. It's the least you can do. Thank you in advance.
  • Dark89PhoenixDark89Phoenix Posts: 166
    On behalf of all who have this very issue, thank you.
    Since there are title issues again this year, I believe it is apropos to bring this up... again. (See here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/37449/howling-commando-title)
    Hey All,

If you got the same Title twice, don't worry! We're looking into it and will make sure that all the "Ancient One"s out there get the correct title!
    Miike, while you are at it, can you also look into getting all of the "from the beginning" players awarded with the "from the beginning" title? Since the Anniversary Week dates are plainly listed in the titles as Dec 10 through 17, it is only fitting, appropriate, and expected that Dec 17, 2014 is the cutoff date to be considered for awarding said title. I sat by patiently last year, thinking the title would arrive on exactly the date of my anniversary, but it never did. Please address this issue.
    From who did you receive this response? Kabam support? Well, then they have multiple ideas of the cutoff floating around! If it were Dec 11, 2014, which would be VERY restrictive, then only Day 1 players would be considered "from the beginning". And that is not correct, nor should it be. Esp. considering the lack of clarification given last year during the announcement, I think it is only reasonable that all Week 1 players are considered "from the beginning"... esp those of us that have stuck around all 4 years continuously, without a break.

The response I got last year was "before Dec 17, 2014", but that was never expounded upon. Esp. considering that there is one little aspect of the date which you did allude to that Kabam has NEVER clarified... the time! So, since Kabam did not clarify last year (y'know, "from the beginning" of announcing anniversary titles, lol), then they should clarify this year, and be generous with it... Dec 17, 2014, 11:59.59 pm IDLW. Then nobody who actually played during Week 1 would be overlooked, regardless of where they live.
    Goddess_1 wrote: »
    uauha3g4igaq.png
    Just in case anybody was not clear on the dates included in the title, Goddess' screenshot clearly shows Dec 17... the date for the end of the Anniversary Week, and therefore the end date which should be used for any reference to "from the beginning".

Please address, Kabam. It's the least you can do. Thank you in advance.

So I should just leave the rewards where they are? I haven’t claimed anything yet
    I hope literally a day doesn’t disqualify some of us from the title bgv74joo2534.png
  • So I should just leave the rewards where they are? I haven’t claimed anything yet

I claimed mine at the time of reading. My thinking was, if Kabam were to finally fix the issue of not giving the title to all appropriate parties, they wouldn't need to resend the entire contents, just the additional title in a separate message. That was, however, before I realized that there are other title issuing issues that had occurred this year.

I don't think claiming or not claiming is going to have any influence on their decision/fix, therefore this ends up being a personal decision for you to make. I do think it would be much simpler for them to just send out the missing title, rather than reclaiming and reissuing the attachments, but who knows?
    That logic does make more sense, but you know them. Anything is possible. I just want my title...a day shouldn’t prevent us from getting it...
    So I should just leave the rewards where they are? I haven’t claimed anything yet

I claimed mine at the time of reading. My thinking was, if Kabam were to finally fix the issue of not giving the title to all appropriate parties, they wouldn't need to resend the entire contents, just the additional title in a separate message. That was, however, before I realized that there are other title issuing issues that had occurred this year.

I don't think claiming or not claiming is going to have any influence on their decision/fix, therefore this ends up being a personal decision for you to make. I do think it would be much simpler for them to just send out the missing title, rather than reclaiming and reissuing the attachments, but who knows?

• MacomberingMacombering Posts: 6
    edited December 2018
    I was told specifically from Support that I missed the cutoff. They told me that the cutoff was Dec. 11th 10 am PST and they were able to tell me that I started my account Dec. 12th at 7:14:09 am. I deleted the attached image of the correspondence with Support to abide by forum rules.
    They told me the same thing but as you can see from my posted photos I started my account 12.14.2014, so if you have an iPhone check your purchase...I was able to go back as far as 2007
    I was told specifically from Support that I missed the cutoff. They told me that the cutoff was Dec. 11th 10 am PST and they were able to tell me that I started my account Dec. 12th at 7:14:09 am. I deleted the attached image of the correspondence with Support to abide by forum rules.

• Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,805 ★★★★★
    I got Seasoned Summoner this year, that I got last year. Since my anniversary of starting is December 25, I dunno if I'm one of the glitch ones, but I got the 2 year anniversary gifts last year despite it being one year 350-odd days since I started, so I assumed I'd get Howling Commando this year...
  • MacomberingMacombering Posts: 6
    Your post says Dec. 11th(?)

I did check my purchase history and it is Dec. 12th 2014. I believe Support gave me the correct time that I started playing. My only disappointment is I was looking forward to the new title, but I understand if a mistake was made last year in giving me the Howling Commando title thus needing to correct it this year with the redundant title. I’m also bummed I missed it by less than 24 hours.
    They told me the same thing but as you can see from my posted photos I started my account 12.14.2014, so if you have an iPhone check your purchase...I was able to go back as far as 2007

• Not sure if this is much help at all... I sent a ticket into kabam including a picture of the app purchase of when I joined the game on December 12th 2014 and explained how I was disappointed In not receiving the ancient one title. I was informed that they were looking for a correction to the issue and that they may not respond independently and may be addressed in mass on forum. I have not seen anywhere other than random posts from players or Redditt that says one had to join DAY 1 by a certain hour to receive the “ancient one” title. If that were truly the case I would suspect the e-mail response from kabam would have said that. I shall remain patient and hopeful I will receive the title.
  • MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    @Dark89Phoenix how do you access that purchased history page? I’m in IOS too
  • xxgonzoxxxxgonzoxx Posts: 83
    I am see different things about the title requirements. Can We get official clarification. Is it safe to assume that if you got howling commando last year you will get the Ancient One this year. @Kabam Miike
  • MrBanks wrote: »
    @Dark89Phoenix how do you access that purchased history page? I’m in IOS too

Hey bud I’m no Phoenix... but go to your App Store. Tap on your icon in the upper right corner. Tap purchased. Tap my purchases and a list of all the apps you’ve ever downloaded and the date the app was downloaded should appear.
  • I’ve been playing for over a year and the only gift I got for the anniversary was a title and profile pic
  • AngelLordAngelLord Posts: 62
    Any word on this yet?
  • Roqbone97Roqbone97 Posts: 44
    i7rlew1dipx4.jpeg
    Should have acient one title
  • Hey All,

Just a heads up! We're gonna have this fixed for you all and ensure that everybody gets their correct title, but it might be a few days. It will definitely be before the end of the Anniversary Celebration, though I don't have an exact date.

This didn't only affect those of you that have been here since the beginning. Some Summoners that haven't been here as long also got the same title as they did last year, and a small group of Summoners also didn't receive the 4-Star Taskmaster that they should have. We're going to make sure we correct that for everybody affected.

For those of you that have not claimed your gift yet, you can go ahead and do that!

Still waiting for my title mike? Any time scale?
  • zpt7vi45fe7l.png

Do i qualify for ancient one?
  • So is it confirmed that the cutoff dates to receive the title? Reading through here I see the 14th, 17th, etc. Sucks because I joined on the 23rd of December 2014. 😒
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    I got seasoned summoner and no howling commando and really have no way to see how long I have been playing
  • TheYakAttackTheYakAttack Posts: 15
    If I get stuck with the same title two years in a row that’s stupid. If you got the same title as last year basic school math says you add not equal.

But this new patch just makes your combo stop right around 3-4 and then freeze so the UC mobs can just destroy you. 😑
  • Davidson75Davidson75 Posts: 18
    7g3v5cyodrjs.png
    nw24s191gnis.jpeg

Just checked to see when I downloaded it, messaged them and they said in several days

Anyone get theirs yet?
This discussion has been closed.