**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Buffet Bugged

Buffet interaction with Hyperions cosmic charges possibly bugged.

After using a special 3 with Hyperion, while he does not have 3 cosmic charges, he is suppose to gain 3 cosmic charges and then those 3 cosmic charges continuously convert into powergain buffs the moment a powergain buff is lost.

I’ve tested this with Hyperion versus Loki. When Loki steals Hyperions powergain buff with his special 1, while Hyperion has any cosmic charges, a cosmic charge immediately converts into a powergain buff replacing the one that was just lost to Loki’s special 1.

Assuming this is how it works anytime Hyperion loses a powergain buff, while having any cosmic charges, it would be expected that the interaction would be the same agaisnt/with buffet so the question then is why isn’t one of Hyperions cosmic charges converting into a powergain buff when buffet consumes his powergain buff?

Is this a bug? Is this a known bug? Did I just waste units on carbonadium cores and unlock despair for no reason in hopes that I could spam special 1s consistently fueled by cosmic charges that are suppose to convert into a powergain buff when buffet consumes a powergain buff thus over powering the regeneration from buffet with said despair mastery? Lol please tell me :(

Ps I’m also not referring to keeping Hyperion at 3 full bar of power then letting him reach 3 cosmic charges before launching an special 3 which gives him 1 long continuous powergain buff as opposed to the method/mechanic mentioned above in the second paragraph.

Heresa thread that I started in general discussion, a mistake, since I should of just posted it here. Please don’t leave me in the dark over this.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/111533/buffet-bugged-in-war#latest

Comments

• Options
    InxInx Posts: 115
    Log entry 1 day 1
    A night has gone by, with still no word and I, like a savage have had to endure another brutal war without answers so desperately hopeless have I become having been left no respite other wise hither to for, that I’ve unfortunately resorted to using my starlord in war, a 4* if you would believe it, yes, to battle the relentlessness hunger that is buffet, node 24. Oh how the battled raged against this wooden cretin from the stars.

How much longer can I go on? I do not know, but still I wait, eyes to the black abyss, waiting for word from thy mods, waiting, waiting like the word from god for the day that I may harness the power of the single cosmic son and be liberated from this darkness that I have so thoughtlessly been left in, perpetually sinking, praying that I do not bottom out, yes, indeed, so here I wait in darkness, absolute darkness, singing ye old songs of merriment. Hello darkness my old friend...
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    That was most entertaining. Sorry you're having a hard time, but fun to read.
  • Options
    That was most entertaining. Sorry you're having a hard time, but fun to read.

Thank you my friend, your kind and genorous words bring me much relief in these dark and dreary days, but do tell me good sir what of life outside this hole? Oh tell me does the beer still flow like wine and do the beautiful women still instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano? Oh yes tell me tell me kind sir what of sweet and beautiful Aspen so that I may still dream a dream while I can.
  • Options
    Journal log 2 entry 2
    Every day that goes by I feel as if I’m slowly slipping, drifting, further away from the truth, from the light, but only time will tell if I will grow to love my captors, the very ones who have imprisoned me in this dark abyss and only time will time if I will grow to love their sick and cruel abuse like a sub named Brian loves their leather clad dom. Oh how much longer, if I have not already gone mad, will I maintain my sanity before I am no longer a man, but a beast and rage within this very cage that mocks me so thusly forcing me to submit before the darkness, prone, I do not know. The truth is out there, but until then I sing my songs of merriment. Oh Shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather...
  • Options
    Captain's log, stardate 3.5
    ... I’ll make you FEEL good
  • Options
    December 14th
  • Options
    5 DAYS LATER...

If a Mod is all powerful, a Mod cannot be all good. And if a Mod is all good, then a Mod cannot be all powerful
  • Options
    The 16th of December,
    “A Robin Redbreast in a Cage
    Puts all Heaven in a Rage”
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Just throwing the question out there, how about against Hood and his stagger?

If Hype has 3 cosmic charges from his SP3, then Hood's stagger cancels the first powergain, does Hype consume a charge and proc another powergain?

I genuinely don't know, but this interaction would be very similar to buffet.
  • Options
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    Just throwing the question out there, how about against Hood and his stagger?

If Hype has 3 cosmic charges from his SP3, then Hood's stagger cancels the first powergain, does Hype consume a charge and proc another powergain?

I genuinely don't know, but this interaction would be very similar to buffet.

Woah nice suggestion, I’ll try it in a few.
  • Options
    It was kind of hard to test lol, but this was the set up.

Dueled Massacre 07 (4* r5 hood) with my 5* r4 Hyperion. If anyone else is curious.

Parried, blocked, bided my time and built to an sp3.

Before launching sp3, I let hood get some hits in to place a stagger on Hyperion.

Launched sp3 with stagger on Hyperion

After the sp3, stagger message came up and hyeprion lost a powergain and 2 cosmic charges, but also immediately gained a powergain and was ultimately left with 1 cosmic charge.
  • Options
    mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    This whole thing is relatively confusing to me bc I thought the cosmic charges were supposed to be passive.
  • Options
    mydnight wrote: »
    This whole thing is relatively confusing to me bc I thought the cosmic charges were supposed to be passive.

They are so buffet and stagger is only affecting them through Hyperions powergain.

The cosmic charges are only lost, 1 by 1, when they convert into a powergain after a powergain expires or is lost.

So against hood, after an sp3 you have 3 cosmic charges. Stager eats a powergain so you lose a cosmic charge to gain another powergain.

Samething with buffet, except when buffet eats a powergain, cosmic charges stop converting and instead stay at 3.
  • Options
    On the eighth day before Christmas,

I'm a peacock, Captain! You gotta let me fly on this one!
  • Options
    18DEC18

That's how it starts. The fever, the rage, the feeling of powerlessness that turns good men... cruel
  • Options
    Dear journal day 9

We need to talk about Atlantic City.

Francine's asking questions, and I don't know what to tell her.

Don't hang up! I will not be ignored, Stan.