**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Dungeon Return?

MOD's, can we get a date when the next run of dungeons will come around?

Comments

• edited December 2018
    We just posted this! Dungeons will be back on December 21st, with a 3 day Special Event at the end of their next run! https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/112311/dungeons-return-december-21st-special-3-day-event-jan-5-8/
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Hmm...that'll be interesting. At least for the last 3 days.
  • FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★
    With the increased cool down period this looks like another reason to quit doing dungeons.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Wow those cooldown timers are ridiculous. I need one more dungeon run for a 5* then it looks like quits.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    Yeh ... If you're gonna change the timers, at least make them better. Make the 5-star timers for less than 72h, so that we can still use them after the 3 days
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,142 ★★★★★
    That’s luck so much bs I’m done with that’s dounges not only ther just make 4 star more useless becasse of the times. Stupid move clouse to swere but that just gone to far @Kabam Miike take that to the team
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    You couldn't even script this stuff. Lmao
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I would really like to know what the drop rate is on t2a in room 7... If its like 180 fragments than no this sucks... If its maybe 3600 fragments than I'll consider it. Its pretty stupid to update the refresh timers if we're being honest... Only people who are gonna actually care are the people that won't be refreshing champs to "grind" dungeons. Which ultimately defeats the purpose.
  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★
    We just posted this! Dungeons will be back on December 21st, with a 3 day Special Event at the end of their next run! https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/112311/dungeons-return-december-21st-special-3-day-event-jan-5-8/

So if you start dungeons as soon as they open, you can't use your 5stars again until the second day of the 2nd set, then the 3rd day of the 3rd set and on the 4th set, unless you pay units to refresh you will completely miss the 4th set of dungeons? Is this accurate?
  • ChefChef Posts: 2

Talk about a load of bs, I can see being able to use champs once every 3 day but 92 hrs cool down that’s just outrageous.
    I believe it will be for the last 3 days, which is when the changes will take effect. Same time as the extra Rewards. Could be a trial period.
  • Hey All,

Please remember that the extended timers are only for the very last event in this iteration of Dungeons. They are not for the entire run at this time. All of the changes listed in that post are from January 5th until January 8th.
  • MrgreenMrgreen Posts: 58
    edited December 2018
    Why should you "update" the refresh timer?
    The 1 to 3 days change did not affect the game as you also increased the points. Don't get the idea here. The reward is the same after 3x1day or 1x3days. It is still 1050(?) shards.

And more important: did you fix the bugs? Or will I use my 6star and the dungeon will not let me pass the room as my champs stuck... And I need to wait 6 days without any reward? (for an eventual future dungeon time were you have implemented the change)
  • Tjk602Tjk602 Posts: 85
    Mike,

Are the dungeon crystals (the current batch in store) going to remain the same? They are there for another 2 months without change?
  • Tjk602 wrote: »
    Mike,

Are the dungeon crystals (the current batch in store) going to remain the same? They are there for another 2 months without change?

Yep! Those crystals still have 2 months (59 days and 20 hours at time of writing) to go!
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    New dungeons looked good until I saw those refresh timers... should've just kept it the same but added the rank-up materials to the dungeon store instead.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Iirc the orginal timers for dungeons were on 24 hour cycles. The refresh timers of champions were set with those in mind. Now that they have transitioned to 3 day dungeons they are trying to realign the cooldown to the orignal cadence they wanted with 24 hour dungeons. Yes you can interpret that however you want, but I think Kabam is trying to force us to use a varied roster and to not always be doing dungeons with the same champions without planning or penalty which is prefectly reasonable and even welcomed as it helps keep the game mode challenging and fresh.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Hey All,

Please remember that the extended timers are only for the very last event in this iteration of Dungeons. They are not for the entire run at this time. All of the changes listed in that post are from January 5th until January 8th.

Yeah but we know this song and dance. It’s just for the last 3 days. Then when the dungeons return again something like “we didn’t have sufficient data to determine if this was good” will be announced and then that’ll be the entire next series.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    The timers extended because the dungeons can be run an infinite amount of times, and those 3 days you get the catalyst frags. It's to prevent abuse.
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    Why not say, “Use any of your 4*, 5*, 6* in the final event and they’re done until dungeons come back unless you pay units to refresh them.”

Rather than just criticize, I’ll propose a recommendation. Have refresh crystals as part of the milestones and also randomly placed in dungeons. And no, not just 3* with a 1% chance of 4-6*....
  • ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    Kabam only has a simple metric for every game mode which they track - how much people spend on units. Dungeons are not getting enough - so what to do? Crank up difficulty, “entice” people with some rank up materials, increased refresh timers. No thanks, especially not for the trashy crystals which still won’t be refreshed! But expect kabam to do more tweaks to increase dungeons spend rate.
    ezgoing wrote: »
    Kabam only has a simple metric for every game mode which they track - how much people spend on units. Dungeons are not getting enough - so what to do? Crank up difficulty, “entice” people with some rank up materials, increased refresh timers. No thanks, especially not for the trashy crystals which still won’t be refreshed! But expect kabam to do more tweaks to increase dungeons spend rate.

That's flawed by design. Dungeons are an optional part of the game. While everything is, their initial purpose was to help people develop Rosters where they didn't have as much means, perhaps even Solo Players, and to encourage people to connect with others more. It was never really meant to be a huge source of income, nor could it be by design. Things have a cost because everything has a cost. Those costs impose limits that balance the amount of Resources that can be earned. While Dungeons are for any and all who want to play them, their purpose isn't even remotely close to being a financial generator. Not even the same spending demographic. Also worth noting that they've made several iterations to make them an easier and more enjoyable experience for people
    My question is, will the Friendship Bonuses be returning?
  • My question is, will the Friendship Bonuses be returning?

Yes! Friendship bonuses are here to stay!
    My question is, will the Friendship Bonuses be returning?

Yes! Friendship bonuses are here to stay!

Awesome. Thanks Miike.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    what, exactly, are the rank up bonuses? Is it the tine bits of t4c that you added last time or is it going to be actual useful stuff?
  • SociopathSociopath Posts: 101
    So it seems to me not much has changed.. Then you get to the last 3 days of dungeon, which I can only presume is a trial, is utter bowel movement! so what im reading, it's harder for which you get the bonus of an infinite grind on catas (which im sure is gonna be a ridiculously small amount)
    So whats catching my attention is the infinite grind, yet a ridiculous refresh rate on heroes. So its OK if you have a stacked roster of 5* all leveled... atleast if you "dont" you get to pay an absurd amount of units to refresh your heroes (my spider sense is tingling the way of unit/cash grab) sounds Great! sarcasm included.
    I may be massively wrong here and will apologise if this turns out different I.E The cata amounts are actually high enough to consider. But my Spider sense says otherwise.