**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Time to decrease 4* Rank up costs?

DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
Just a thought but why is it still 5 T4B and 3 T4C to rank a 4* from R4 to R5? That's actually more than it takes to take a 5* from R2 to R3 even though a 5* R3 is better than a 4* R5. Maybe it's time with 5* and 6* so much easier to acquire for Kabam to lighten the load for the lower level players to be able to rank up those 4*.

Comments

• CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Nope
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    The 5* also takes 5 t1 alphas and more gold so it isn't cheaper. Also, getting higher ranked champs faster can be a mixed blessing. It will help you complete more content faster, but the ability to button mash through content with higher champs won't make you a better player.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    Addyos wrote: »
    If this ever happens, then I, and all other players who paid the current existing costs to rank up 4* champs to r5, need to be compensated for all the extra rank up materials used to upgrade the 4* champs. Meaning this won't happen as Kabam will most likely never implement this.

That's a terrible stretch to make and I highly doubt anyone would complain. And if they do, they're wrong.
    The 5* also takes 5 t1 alphas and more gold so it isn't cheaper. Also, getting higher ranked champs faster can be a mixed blessing. It will help you complete more content faster, but the ability to button mash through content with higher champs won't make you a better player.

The T1s and gold are significantly easier to obtain so it's not a major concern. I think it's less about higher ranked champs and more about adapting to the current meta. At one time it made sense for 4*s to cost that much to rank since they were still high powered champs. Now they are rarely used by those in upper tiers so making it easier for those starting to catch up would benefit Kabam as well as the player base.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    They won’t decrease rank up costs they will make materials more prevelant. That way those who already invested aren’t screwed over.
    Timone147 wrote: »
    They won’t decrease rank up costs they will make materials more prevelant. That way those who already invested aren’t screwed over.

And yet that would still give players no reason to invest in their 4* at all anymore if they can just put the resources in to 5/6* instead. 4*s are rapidly becoming as outdated as 3* for higher tier gamers while simultaneously being a massive mountain for those who are still working towards uncollected.
    And anyone who complains that they would be angry that rank up costs went down, it's the same as if you buy a video game for $59.99 and later the price drops to $29.99. That's just how things go with games over time.
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    DalBot wrote: »
    If this ever happens, then I, and all other players who paid the current existing costs to rank up 4* champs to r5, need to be compensated for all the extra rank up materials used to upgrade the 4* champs. Meaning this won't happen as Kabam will most likely never implement this.

That's a terrible stretch to make and I highly doubt anyone would complain. And if they do, they're wrong.

Are you kidding me? Every time someone makes this argument, people complain. It's no different than people asking for Act 4 to use less energy. Everyone that completed it before will want compensation for having done it at 3 per step. Just because 5 and 6 star champions are in the game, doesn't mean they need to go about changing 1-4 star champs for lower level plays. Newer players have it so much easier than those of us who have been here from the start. Better champs, more abundance of resources, access to higher level champs, so on and so on. It's not a good idea nor is it a popular one.

I'm a 3+ year player myself. I've been through the grind. I'm also aware that the meta of the game has changed from 2015. Back when you and I started playing there was an amazing thrill in pulling a 4* from a PHC and it was the ONLY way we could get them back then. Now the game has completely changed and I don't see a reason why this shouldn't change too. Are you really that mad that newer players might be able to rank up 4*s while you're focusing on 6 and 5s?
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    They never have and they never will reduce rank up costs for champions they have away just made resources more available as time passes
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

The T1s and gold are significantly easier to obtain so it's not a major concern. I think it's less about higher ranked champs and more about adapting to the current meta. At one time it made sense for 4*s to cost that much to rank since they were still high powered champs. Now they are rarely used by those in upper tiers so making it easier for those starting to catch up would benefit Kabam as well as the player base.

Well t4 basics are also easier to get lol. Just saying it isn't more expensive to rank the 4*. Honestly though I'd be fine if they lowered the cost. I do think it could potentially stunt the growth of some summoners though. If you've ever seen someone who (in violation of the TOS) bought an account without going through the early content you'll know what I mean. They can power through a lot of content but they get wrecked by anything hard. They might get better but generally don't get to the level of players that actually cleared all the content with lower champs. Getting powerful champs too soon is a short cut but it won't make you better like beating the content with lower champs and then getting the rank up materials to take on the next challenge will.
  • DalBot wrote: »
    I'm also aware that the meta of the game has changed from 2015.

People keep saying this like it means something. What specifically do *you* mean?

3/45s have similar strength to 5/50s, and the rank up costs are similar. Different for differing resources, but overall not too dissimilar. At one time the 3/45 rank up costs had the stronger bottleneck in T1A, but that's been mostly alleviated. What specifically about the game's "meta" has changed to alter that cost situation?
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    3/45 has a higher health pool than a 5/50. A 4/55 health pool is triple that of a 5/50 in some cases so that would be META defining.

Most
    Effective
    Team
    Available

• Blax4ever wrote: »
    3/45 has a higher health pool than a 5/50. A 4/55 health pool is triple that of a 5/50 in some cases so that would be META defining.

Most
    Effective
    Team
    Available

south-park-s02e14c06-the-chewbacca-defense-4x3.jpg
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    T4b will just become more accessible instead of reducing rank up costs
  • JediJones77JediJones77 Posts: 146
    edited December 2018
    T4B being more available does zero to reduce the relative cost of ranking a 4-star vs. a 5-star. The goal is not to make it easier to rank 5-stars, just 4-stars.
  • Ultimatesaber32Ultimatesaber32 Posts: 742 ★★
    Didn’t they release an offer today for T4CC and T4BC for a week?
  • Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★
    Just a thought but why is it still 5 T4B and 3 T4C to rank a 4* from R4 to R5? That's actually more than it takes to take a 5* from R2 to R3 even though a 5* R3 is better than a 4* R5. Maybe it's time with 5* and 6* so much easier to acquire for Kabam to lighten the load for the lower level players to be able to rank up those 4*.

No because max 4 stars are easy to dupe. That's why you a pay more to rank up.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    never gonna happen it’s fine the way it is. Noobs need too work foor the rank up instead of demanding the rank up requirements be lowered. Work foor it like the rest of us
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★

Not really........
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    We need more t1a in the game. I can't rank 4* at all anymore because I need all my t1a for my 5*. T4b and t4c aren't problems anymore, but not nearly enough t1a to go around.
    never gonna happen it’s fine the way it is. Noobs need too work foor the rank up instead of demanding the rank up requirements be lowered. Work foor it like the rest of us

I'm an endgame player with a prestige well over 9,000. Now I have a collection of 4* who will never be ranked above R3 because the costs are too steep compared to 5*/6*. Basically 4* are now trophy champs and nothing more and serve no purpose because the content I play would put them at a disadvantage anyways. I want to have a reason to use them but now they are nothing more than 5* shards for me and that's just sad.
  • skullduggery72skullduggery72 Posts: 224 ★★
    4*s became obsolete to 70% of players as soon as kabam released 6*s at least 2 years b4 they should have. They should have their resources reduced to acknowledge this. 5*s should also have the t1 alphas needed for rank 2-3 reduced
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★

I'm an endgame player with a prestige well over 9,000. Now I have a collection of 4* who will never be ranked above R3 because the costs are too steep compared to 5*/6*. Basically 4* are now trophy champs and nothing more and serve no purpose because the content I play would put them at a disadvantage anyways. I want to have a reason to use them but now they are nothing more than 5* shards for me and that's just sad.

If your an endgame player then you shouldn’t be complaining about it. These changes you want to happen just to benefit you so you can get kabam to work hard on **** that is pointless to do instead of woorking on existing bugs that affect everyone and is being reported.

If your an endgame player then you shouldn’t be complaining about it. These changes you want to happen just to benefit you so you can get kabam to work hard on **** that is pointless to do instead of woorking on existing bugs that affect everyone and is being reported.

sounds like you're all over the place with your bitterness. Is it so much for us to want champs to actually be relevant and have use other than for getting better shards?
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    If this ever happens, then I, and all other players who paid the current existing costs to rank up 4* champs to r5, need to be compensated for all the extra rank up materials used to upgrade the 4* champs. ....
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

Are you kidding me? Every time someone makes this argument, people complain. It's no different than people asking for Act 4 to use less energy. Everyone that completed it before will want compensation for having done it at 3 per step. ....

Why? Just why? Are you guys insane?

This would clearly in no way impact on you!
    Why are you so unhappy at the thought of a change that might help turn struggling mid-level players into longer-term (longer-spending) players?

Seriously, why do you guys always think you're entitled to something?

You wouldn't get compensation for this, because you have had the use of the champion at 5/50 for longer. Having the use of the champion presumably had some value to you, and you used the champion to complete content.

Try considering this perspective: if the cost of upgrading dropped by one T4B and one T4CC crystal, that's probably not a bad cost for you having the privilege of having had your champion at 5/50 for an extra one or two years.

• Seriously, why do you guys always think you're entitled to something?

I believe we have a winner for the ironic post of 2018.
  • Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★
    4*s became obsolete to 70% of players as soon as kabam released 6*s at least 2 years b4 they should have. They should have their resources reduced to acknowledge this. 5*s should also have the t1 alphas needed for rank 2-3 reduced

70% eh?

More like 7% if that.

• They can't reduce the cost. They will make the catalysts more available. Logic!