**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Am I an endgame player?

2»

Comments

• Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Marri_2 wrote: »
    @Marri_2 no need to be insulting. You don't need to be a legend or spend money to be an end game player. There are content providers on youtube that show you that you can be an end game player without paying a cent. There is plenty of ways to mine units, potions, boosts etc without having to spend money. If you're impatient to start and spend that's not a definition of an end game player. If you don't have the skills to finish the content without spending money then your just an unskilled whale.

I was not saying every endgame player spends, but I was explaining that your definition of endgame player, finishing anything upon release, is utterly impossible without spending. The Capita Ex Posterior remark might have been a bit strong, but I felt it matched the naiveté of the claim.

All those F2P guys (accounts would be more accurate) on YT have the benefit of experience on an account they did spend on. I am sure that not a single F2P player finished, say, Variant difficulty upon release. I am sure they waited for paying players to analyse the pitfalls and post a guide before they go in.

Brian Grant live streamed his first run through Variant on the day of release, starting literally the moment it released. There's no way he could have had the benefit of any prior runs by anyone else. He went in cold, and because he did it live there's no way he could have faked it either. And he is as free to play as it is possible to be.
    Back to the point: You are an endgame player if you are successfully playing endgame content. That means (at the moment) A5.4, LoL and Variant difficulty on Back Issues. The A5.4 marker will soon move to 6.1, I'm sure.

In other games that refer to "end game content" and "end game players" the definition normally used is similar to this one. You're at the end game not if you've run out of things to do, but rather if the only things you are doing aren't generally considered gateways to other content. If you're doing LoL, that's end game content because there isn't anything higher than LoL that's similar to but beyond LoL. If you're working on 5.4, or even if you've completed Act 5 but haven't fully explored it yet and are just filling in exploration, you're generally considered to be doing end game content. If you are working on Variant at the moment there's nothing past that. Of course since event quests come out monthly, an end game player will still have uncollected maps coming up every month. Taking a break and not doing one for whatever reason doesn't disqualify you from being an end game player.

And yeah, I agree that when Act 6 comes out, the generally accepted mark for being an end game player will move to players that have at least completed Act 5 and are working on Act 6. I think there's a little bit of wiggle room for players that have completed but not fully explored Act 5 but are immediately making progress on Act 6. But at some point down the road, I think full explore of Act 5 will be considered mandatory to be in the same tier as other end game players.

He is not free to play.

He gets paid to play. He even quit his job to do this.

Good good for him but thats hardly free to play.

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Marri_2 wrote: »
    @Marri_2 no need to be insulting. You don't need to be a legend or spend money to be an end game player. There are content providers on youtube that show you that you can be an end game player without paying a cent. There is plenty of ways to mine units, potions, boosts etc without having to spend money. If you're impatient to start and spend that's not a definition of an end game player. If you don't have the skills to finish the content without spending money then your just an unskilled whale.

I was not saying every endgame player spends, but I was explaining that your definition of endgame player, finishing anything upon release, is utterly impossible without spending. The Capita Ex Posterior remark might have been a bit strong, but I felt it matched the naiveté of the claim.

All those F2P guys (accounts would be more accurate) on YT have the benefit of experience on an account they did spend on. I am sure that not a single F2P player finished, say, Variant difficulty upon release. I am sure they waited for paying players to analyse the pitfalls and post a guide before they go in.

Brian Grant live streamed his first run through Variant on the day of release, starting literally the moment it released. There's no way he could have had the benefit of any prior runs by anyone else. He went in cold, and because he did it live there's no way he could have faked it either. And he is as free to play as it is possible to be.
    Back to the point: You are an endgame player if you are successfully playing endgame content. That means (at the moment) A5.4, LoL and Variant difficulty on Back Issues. The A5.4 marker will soon move to 6.1, I'm sure.

In other games that refer to "end game content" and "end game players" the definition normally used is similar to this one. You're at the end game not if you've run out of things to do, but rather if the only things you are doing aren't generally considered gateways to other content. If you're doing LoL, that's end game content because there isn't anything higher than LoL that's similar to but beyond LoL. If you're working on 5.4, or even if you've completed Act 5 but haven't fully explored it yet and are just filling in exploration, you're generally considered to be doing end game content. If you are working on Variant at the moment there's nothing past that. Of course since event quests come out monthly, an end game player will still have uncollected maps coming up every month. Taking a break and not doing one for whatever reason doesn't disqualify you from being an end game player.

And yeah, I agree that when Act 6 comes out, the generally accepted mark for being an end game player will move to players that have at least completed Act 5 and are working on Act 6. I think there's a little bit of wiggle room for players that have completed but not fully explored Act 5 but are immediately making progress on Act 6. But at some point down the road, I think full explore of Act 5 will be considered mandatory to be in the same tier as other end game players.

He is not free to play.

He gets paid to play. He even quit his job to do this.

Good good for him but thats hardly free to play.

Does he use the money he makes to buy units and offers? If not than he’s free to play
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    No end game player. Endgame player has all the game content 100 percent .

By this definition, the day the Variant quest came out there were no endgame players in the game.

By that definition the day variant came out you will do it at least for completion.

By this definition, the day the Variant quest came out there were no endgame players in the game.

By that definition the day variant came out you will do it at least for completion.

So if you do a completion run a week later you are disqualified from being an endgame player?

So if you do a completion run a week later you are disqualified from being an endgame player?

Until that moment when you do it yes.
    END GAME means there is almost nothing left and you do the top tiers game modes

By this definition, no one would be an End-Game player because the Catalyst Quests refresh every day.

The catalyst quest is not a game end content. Get real.

Bottom line is if you dont have LOL and act 5 100 percent. If you did bot beat all the special challenges and if you are not at least completion in Variant you are not an end game player. End of the story.

By this definition, no one would be an End-Game player because the Catalyst Quests refresh every day.

The catalyst quest is not a game end content. Get real.

Bottom line is if you dont have LOL and act 5 100 percent. If you did bot beat all the special challenges and if you are not at least completion in Variant you are not an end game player. End of the story.

Too arbitrary. Someone with one LOL path left isn't endgame but after they finish that last path they are? What if they only have one Variant path left and one LOL path? Can they get a Special Dispensation?
    Whatever
    Exactly