**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Chilled Challenges are Coming your Way!

BABY, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE

New areas of The Battlerealm are always opening, and just in time for the holiday season, Night Thrasher has found another! Chilled Challenges are a new Event Quest available soon in The Contest. This Quest ties directly into our upcoming Gifting Event which rewards you with NIGHT THRASHER GADGETS used to enter this Quest. You can enter as many times as you have Gadgets!

Chilled Challenges will be available from December 19, 2018 at 10:00 AM PST and run until January 2, 2019 10:00 AM PST.

HOW DO I GET NIGHT THRASHER GADGETS?

NIGHT THRASHER GADGETS can be collected from the upcoming Annual Gifting Event (more information on this coming soon!) as well as the Event Calendar. You’ll also receive one for free at the start of the event in your inbox, so be sure to keep an eye out for it.

HOW MUCH ENERGY DOES THIS COST?

Since there is only one layout for all difficulties, the energy cost is the same for all. Also, that energy cost is zero! We hope this makes it easier to explore more of the quest content going on this month.

HOW HARD ARE THE QUESTS?

You’ll face off against 1 Enemy in a Chilled Challenge, who is randomized from a select pool, followed by a final boss. The Final Boss is also tuned to match Beginner Difficulty, and shouldn’t be much of a challenge for Summoners above that difficulty. Path difficulty is roughly equivalent to the corresponding Event Quest. As a rule, if you can beat a certain difficulty of the Event Quest, you should have no issues completing a path of a Chilled Challenge labeled as such.

Overall, this Quest should be on the easier side of things if you’re playing to your usual difficulty.

WHAT IF I FAIL THE QUEST?

Just to be SUPER clear: QUITTING OR NOT COMPLETING THE QUEST BEFORE COMPLETION WILL RESULT IN THE LOSS OF THE NIGHT THRASHER GADGET USED TO ENTER THE QUEST AS WELL AS ANY REWARDS EARNED INSIDE THE QUEST.

WHAT ARE THE REWARDS?
Below is a breakdown of what the potential rewards can be earned from the Chests in the Chilled Challenges. Due to the structure of the Quest, all rewards are in the Chests as opposed to first time or 100% completion. These rewards are identical to the Lab Crystals that were available in our Modok’s Lab Event.

Easy Chest
750x Premium Hero Shards
1000x Premium Hero Shards
1500x Premium Hero Shards
60x Tier 2 Basic Fragments
150x Tier 2 Basic Fragments
325x Tier 2 Basic Fragments
60x Tier 1 Basic Fragments
150x Tier 1 Basic Fragments
300x Tier 1 Basic Fragments

Medium Chest
500x 3-Star Shards
750x 3-Star Shards
1000x 3-Star Shards
600x Tier 3 Basic Fragments
1000x Tier 3 Basic Fragments
1400x Tier 3 Basic Fragments
120x Tier 2 Basic Fragments
325x Tier 2 Basic Fragments
650x Tier 2 Basic Fragments

Heroic Chest
200x 4-Star Shards
400x 4-Star Shards
1000x 4-Star Shards
1000x Tier 4 Basic Fragments
3000x Tier 4 Basic Fragments
9000x Tier 4 Basic Fragments
100x 5-Star Shards
200x 5-Star Shards
500x 5-Star Shards
1440x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Fragments
3600x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Fragments
7200x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Fragments

Master Chest
200x 5-Star Shards
800x 5-Star Shards
2000x 5-Star Shards
2000x Tier 4 Basic Fragments
5000x Tier 4 Basic Fragments
10000x Tier 4 Basic Fragments
400x Tier 2 Alpha Fragments
800x Tier 2 Alpha Fragments
5000x Tier 2 Alpha Fragments
1500x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Fragments
3600x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Fragments
7200x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Fragments

Epic Chest
250x 5-Star Shards
1000x 5-Star Shards
2500x 5-Star Shards
1000x Tier 2 Alpha Fragments
2000x Tier 2 Alpha Fragments
10000x Tier 2 Alpha Fragments
1000x Tier 5 Basic Fragments

Comments

• ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    edited December 2018
    Will we be able to spectate before hand? To see what Champs will be there

I'm assuming the rewards per difficulty are not all included with a completion? It's random and only one of them will be the reward?
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Nice! A new fun way to earn more shards without wasting any energy!
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Thebgj wrote: »

I'm assuming the rewards per difficulty are not all included with a completion? It's random and only one of them will be the reward?

Spectating wouldn't make sense as you use gadgets to enter the challenge and the encounters are random.
  • HerrPopopHerrPopop Posts: 185
    Epic.
  • Thebgj wrote: »

You can not spectate before you enter, so you'll want to bring a team that you are comfortable with! Once your in the Challenge, there are 5 paths, each with a different Chest along the way. The easier the path, the lower the Chest's star rating. Those chests include one of the prizes that are listed in the original post.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    More 250 5* shards. That’s ok. I got enough of those from labs.
    V1PER1987 wrote: »

At least it's not 6 potentially insanely noded fights this time... 2 fights sounds much more manageable and much more worth the time invested.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »

At least it's not 6 potentially insanely noded fights this time... 2 fights sounds much more manageable and much more worth the time invested.

Fair point.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    Sounds good... At this difficulty, the Epic rewards are good, as opposed to how they were in Labs.
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★

1 fight really as it says boss will be beginner level so real easy
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    Drooped1 wrote: »
    So 2 fights 250 shards min proze.. I'm good with this

Best not to say things like this
    You haven't seen the kind of nodes or champs there
    You could just see 2 korgs with nodes that are abominable
    TwmR wrote: »

1 fight really as it says boss will be beginner level so real easy

Oh, now I understand what they meant... I was confused on that when I first read the post. That's even better than!
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Do you get enough tickets from the calendar to participate daily in these chilled challenges, or do you have to participate in the gifting event to receive enough tickets?
  • WhitefangWhitefang Posts: 10
    This will be fun
  • Adamdrt2006Adamdrt2006 Posts: 429
    zs9dur4lthwc.jpg
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    rb7tc406l92o.png

Called it. There were 2 fights on the path, 3 in total. A 6* Vulture ambushed me and there was a 6* Red Skull that sucked. Word of warning. Bring Coldsnap immune champ. And someone with incinerate would be good too. IMIW was great

Helpful, thanks. Any other people want to post tips?

(Now I just need a coldsnap immune champ. Hmmm..)
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    2 times i geuss i have bad luck d6010tiby1a8.png
    xtko5xazp0kl.png
  • AKTEKAKTEK Posts: 308 ★★
    7gxbk45hb38v.png
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    vy8k2e10clph.jpg
    Always rng Gods in favour of least rewards. I'm used to that lol.
  • SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    250 shards should not even be in there at all...
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    4ovwnsble9li.png
    Very nice event
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    Anurag1606 wrote: »
    vy8k2e10clph.jpg
    Always rng Gods in favour of least rewards. I'm used to that lol.

Wow 2nd time again this
    qajlgmmgnc8d.jpg
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    The cold snap is passive, Corvus is NOT immune.

Got a stun immune yondu. Chest had 1000 t5b. Looks fun, although it looks like limited entries unless you’re spending units on it......

*sighs*

The gifting event is units now 😔
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    I'm says recommend rating 250 for this quest? Is that normal? Is that what everyone else has? I don't want to waste a ticket