**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Don’t Do Dungeons

V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
What a waste of time. That is all.

Comments

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Marri_2 wrote: »
    Don't tell me what to do

Good point. The salt is just so real.
    Dungeons suck. All that time and all that effort. I got the same exact champ both times I pulled a dungeon crystal. How is that for RNG?
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Dungeons suck. All that time and all that effort. I got the same exact champ both times I pulled a dungeon crystal. How is that for RNG?

Well considering there's like 9 other options to pull from its not like it's unlikely
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    Why not make the milestones back to 6....no one has time or patience to do 18 in fact its just kills the enjoyment of doing dungeons
  • hobohobo Posts: 86
    My problem with dungeons is having the other player not moving or communicating with me why would someone join just to sit there. I can understand if you are having an in-game problem but to end the game and ask to play another one is just stupid. It also very frustrating to put together an A-team group of players them having to quit the game because of such players. Why should I be penalized due to being placed with those type of players?

Well considering there's like 9 other options to pull from its not like it's unlikely

It is unlikely to pull the same champ twice in a row. Kinda like pulling Karnak twice in a row from featured crystals. Anyway, I didn’t realize so many people enjoy these dungeons. Carry on and ignore this post.
  • V1PER1987 wrote: »

It is unlikely to pull the same champ twice in a row.

It is unlikely for any particular person to do so. However, if there are only ten possibilities 10% of everyone pulling two crystals on average will pull two identical champs in a row. That means there will be a lot of such players in the game, and the odds of hearing about it from someone are practically certain.
  • G0311 wrote: »
    IKON wrote: »
    I agree, you shouldn't do dungeons. I'll definitely do them though so I can progress my account further then yours.

and that's the problem here in this community, you are not in competition with him nor anyone elses account. Also just because you'll have more champs presumably ,than the other guy ,doesn't mean that he doesn't already have a greater selection and rank than yours. "Progression?" I would think progression would be more defined as finishing more content not having more champs.
    This whole "keeping up with the Joneses" mentality is the reason people freak out when others ask for rank down tickets, champ trading, and having a way to narrow down a specific champ. Some people can't stand someone else having more.

I have to respectfully disagree. It is a contest. If you're in an alliance that participates in wars, you are most certainly competing against others. You want your alliance to be as strong as possible & win as much as you can. Seasons have made it more of a competition too. Now, I'm not trying to compete with the top tier, but I am competing against other alliances in the gold 3 bracket.
  • hatchetkillahatchetkilla Posts: 23
    edited December 2018
    Look the more and more you play the dungeon you will come to like them I know I have I love them I've gotten some of my best champs from them
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    I will pretend This game mode does not exist like it should be
    Look the more and more you play the dungeon you will come to like them I know I have I love them I've gotten some of my best champs from them

I’m glad you have gotten good champs from it. As for me, just like basics and featured crystals, these are a bust for me. Need to pay for good champs.
  • MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    If you have a deep enough line up, dungeons are another avenue to champs of any level.

I was a grouchy a-hole about dungeons and then I realized "Why do I care how I get my 5* champs? A 5* is a 5*!"

Here's how you enjoy dungeons:
    1. Be courteous.
    2. DON'T SPEND UNITS
    3. Grind
    4. Get more 5* champs for arena!

See how simple that is? Spend time here instead of in arena. Spend time here instead of wailing against bugged or tough to beat uncollected bosses. Then, after a few dungeon cycles, open your 5* champ crystal and have a better than average shot at a champ you want.

I was shooting for AA when I got my first 5* crystal. I didn't pull him, but I got a Ronan who has made the difference for me in his 4* variant in stun locking uncollected bosses that carry a lot of buffs, so his 5* will have big value moving forward as content gets harder.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,332 ★★★★★
    G0311 wrote: »
    I agree, you shouldn't do dungeons. I'll definitely do them though so I can progress my account further then yours.

and that's the problem here in this community, you are not in competition with him nor anyone elses account. Also just because you'll have more champs presumably ,than the other guy ,doesn't mean that he doesn't already have a greater selection and rank than yours. "Progression?" I would think progression would be more defined as finishing more content not having more champs.
    This whole "keeping up with the Joneses" mentality is the reason people freak out when others ask for rank down tickets, champ trading, and having a way to narrow down a specific champ. Some people can't stand someone else having more.

Progression is literally the point of the game. So if my account progresses further than other people, I have a greater chance of winning wars and being an asset to an alliance.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I still haven't done a dungeon since way back in May.
    Waste of time and effort in my opinion
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    hobo wrote: »
    My problem with dungeons is having the other player not moving or communicating with me why would someone join just to sit there. I can understand if you are having an in-game problem but to end the game and ask to play another one is just stupid. It also very frustrating to put together an A-team group of players them having to quit the game because of such players. Why should I be penalized due to being placed with those type of players?

This was my experience ... matching up with a random player, got toxic players, constantly, no communication, literally face planting into the linked bosses ... then wanting to quit after 1 map ... O.o no clue how to play .. *sigh*

just wasn't worth my time after that ... *shrug*

I did enough for 1 crystal .. 5* ant-man ... "Oh Joy !!!" O.o
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    dot_ditto wrote: »

This was my experience ... matching up with a random player, got toxic players, constantly, no communication, literally face planting into the linked bosses ... then wanting to quit after 1 map ... O.o no clue how to play .. *sigh*

just wasn't worth my time after that ... *shrug*

I did enough for 1 crystal .. 5* ant-man ... "Oh Joy !!!" O.o

This is also a reason I don't bother.
    The garbage champs in all the crystals
  • 1ceman181ceman18 Posts: 32
    edited December 2018

And that's where the problem lies, I've gone into dungeon and stared at a **** loading screen for close to 10 minutes and when the page opens, the opponent has finished the room thinking i didn't want to move but rather it was a loading screen that kept me out or the funny part, the room starts and half my health is gone without even fighting in a single match.
  • DannyRandomDannyRandom Posts: 12

Players need a wake up call regarding “progression” in mcoc. The business model employed by Kabam makes their interests adverse to the player community. As such, progression will forever be limited. If you believe you will ever reach a point of comfortable strength, stop fooling yourself. Kabam cannot allow that and make money concurrently.
  • G0311 wrote: »

Players need a wake up call regarding “progression” in mcoc. The business model employed by Kabam makes their interests adverse to the player community. As such, progression will forever be limited. If you believe you will ever reach a point of comfortable strength, stop fooling yourself. Kabam cannot allow that and make money concurrently.

Limited progression is what makes a game, a game. Kabam is honestly not doing anything particularly novel with game progression that MMOs that were subscription based rather than F2P and microtransaction based weren't doing a decade ago. This has nothing to do with "business model."
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    I personally love dungeons. Gives you another mode to test yourself against fairly hard nodes with champs you wouldn't always choose.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    It seems that the biggest complaint I see about dungeons is champs getting wasted on random matchmaking. Well if you're in an alliance which I assume you are if you're doing these, best bet is to team up with a regular person in your alliance. When they were first introduced the alliance I was in didn't have many people doing them at all so I couldn't find a regular partner. I barely made a 5* by the end of the first iteration. Since then, I've joined another alliance and have teamed up with someone that's reliable and skilled and we one shot every milestone. I'm not saying swap alliances until you find a partner but search for someone reliable. I ran a bunch of successful runs with randoms before I was where I am. I added them to friends and continued to run with them when available.

Yes if you run randoms you're gonna have horrible matches and it sucks. Keep going until you find that one reliable random or alliance mate and bang them out. It's some solid rewards for some mediocre difficulty once you find a solid partner.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Dungeons always seemed to me like the kind of idea that would have been euthanized had it not been pitched by the wife of the boss. That said, others feel the same way about arena and I do most of those. To each his own.