Speed Variations and AI Reaction Times

135

Comments

  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,223 ★★★★
    edited December 2018
    EndymioN wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    It's also not consistent because there are some Fights that allow you to respond properly, and others where the AI is way too quick. Like I said. Too many speed variants.

    You are probably using outdated technology. The game runs smoother than it ever has in the past. I don't have any of the issues you have. As for their speed it increases with difficulty but be like drax and have fast reflexes and its easy.
    No, I'm afraid it doesnt. As for outdated technology, my Tablet is a few years old, perhaps. My phone, an $850 phone, is not. More than sufficient space, RAM, and Processor, and 3 months into having it, issues started rising with it as well.
    There are no reflexes that will deal with AI moving faster than your device can.

    I disagree I have a much older phone (iPhone 6+) than you and I play just fine.

    Lots of people blame kabam or devices when it really just comes down to skill. You are missing blocks because you tap too slow. You are missing intercepts...you again. The AI does not move faster than your device but it is moving faster than your skill set. Just to test this out I broke out my iPad v2. Super old and could still clear darkhawk on uncollected. Its not the device....its your reaction time. If I can play and win on a dinosaur device then its probably not the devices fault.

    Seriously, the 100+ statements from the player base are not enough for you? sure, how about you leave the grown ups to talk and go play then.

    100+ where are they? I don't see them. I see a handful of people in this thread saying AI is faster than the device which isn't true. I'm sure my account is quite a bit higher than yours. I have been in top 10 alliances since I began playing now I play casually and have a 1m+ rating which I'm guessing is more than triple yours. AI speed has never been an issue. Skill, now thats another story. Post your vids and I'll tell you what you are doing wrong.
  • ThatOneMasterGamerThatOneMasterGamer Posts: 740 ★★★
    I actually don't have this problem.The only 2 problems I have is specials getting blocked and the AI doing heavy so fast I can't react(for some champs).
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 26,989 ★★★★★
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    EndymioN wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    It's also not consistent because there are some Fights that allow you to respond properly, and others where the AI is way too quick. Like I said. Too many speed variants.

    You are probably using outdated technology. The game runs smoother than it ever has in the past. I don't have any of the issues you have. As for their speed it increases with difficulty but be like drax and have fast reflexes and its easy.
    No, I'm afraid it doesnt. As for outdated technology, my Tablet is a few years old, perhaps. My phone, an $850 phone, is not. More than sufficient space, RAM, and Processor, and 3 months into having it, issues started rising with it as well.
    There are no reflexes that will deal with AI moving faster than your device can.

    I disagree I have a much older phone (iPhone 6+) than you and I play just fine.

    Lots of people blame kabam or devices when it really just comes down to skill. You are missing blocks because you tap too slow. You are missing intercepts...you again. The AI does not move faster than your device but it is moving faster than your skill set. Just to test this out I broke out my iPad v2. Super old and could still clear darkhawk on uncollected. Its not the device....its your reaction time. If I can play and win on a dinosaur device then its probably not the devices fault.

    Seriously, the 100+ statements from the player base are not enough for you? sure, how about you leave the grown ups to talk and go play then.

    100+ where are they? I don't see them. I see a handful of people in this thread saying AI is faster than the device which isn't true. I'm sure my account is quite a bit higher than yours. I have been in top 10 alliances since I began playing now I play casually and have a 1m+ rating which I'm guessing is more than triple yours. AI speed has never been an issue. Skill, now thats another story. Post your vids and I'll tell you what you are doing wrong.

    This is one Thread. People have been posting for months. You're free to disagree, but when I spend months and months struggling with performance issues, formulating theories on why it's happening, use countless Resources dealing with it, listen to the feedback from many other people with similar struggles, and then comprise a theory to post in a constuctive way (despite my sadness for these issues with the game I love), and someone comes along and says, "There is no problem, it's your skill!", I can't be bothered to blow smoke.
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    edited December 2018
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    EndymioN wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    It's also not consistent because there are some Fights that allow you to respond properly, and others where the AI is way too quick. Like I said. Too many speed variants.

    You are probably using outdated technology. The game runs smoother than it ever has in the past. I don't have any of the issues you have. As for their speed it increases with difficulty but be like drax and have fast reflexes and its easy.
    No, I'm afraid it doesnt. As for outdated technology, my Tablet is a few years old, perhaps. My phone, an $850 phone, is not. More than sufficient space, RAM, and Processor, and 3 months into having it, issues started rising with it as well.
    There are no reflexes that will deal with AI moving faster than your device can.

    I disagree I have a much older phone (iPhone 6+) than you and I play just fine.

    Lots of people blame kabam or devices when it really just comes down to skill. You are missing blocks because you tap too slow. You are missing intercepts...you again. The AI does not move faster than your device but it is moving faster than your skill set. Just to test this out I broke out my iPad v2. Super old and could still clear darkhawk on uncollected. Its not the device....its your reaction time. If I can play and win on a dinosaur device then its probably not the devices fault.

    Seriously, the 100+ statements from the player base are not enough for you? sure, how about you leave the grown ups to talk and go play then.

    100+ where are they? I don't see them. I see a handful of people in this thread saying AI is faster than the device which isn't true. I'm sure my account is quite a bit higher than yours. I have been in top 10 alliances since I began playing now I play casually and have a 1m+ rating which I'm guessing is more than triple yours. AI speed has never been an issue. Skill, now thats another story. Post your vids and I'll tell you what you are doing wrong.

    If I watch my own vidz I can easily tell what I did wrong. Problem is I didn't do it wrong, the game often doesn't respond. 5th hit not registering, SP not firing, all after lag spikes. You can see the lag in the videos too, btw. Often I will get hit by AI's second or third hit in a combo because my swipe isn't registered. And I used to oneshot Venom boss in AQ, evading 5 hits in a row like clockwork, and Venom's moveset is one of the most aggressive and unforgiving sets as evade timing goes. I could do full combo evades against the wall. Now, it's 2 evades, framedrop, smashed in the face. Or 2 blocks insta-heavy, as quick as a light attack.

    So apparently, suddenly, in 2 months time, I lost my skill? I still completed UC Darkhawk, btw, it's not about his moveset. I did have to start the quest 20x over until I got a relatively lagfree fight.

    I'm not suggesting this is intentional or programmed into the AI. I am sure it is device-related. It's just that I think it's ridiculous that the most popular devices of 1-2y old can't run this game smoothly.

    So I feel KABAM should really have 2 graphics presets. That alone should decrease the drawcalls on the CPU (because framedrops is CPU related, not GPU-related). It's not so much the GPU that can't handle the graphics, because that would mean a constant low framerate. Effects like flames, physics, shadows etc tax the CPU as well, because it has to instruct the GPU to do all these things. If there is a difficult AI, which requires more CPU power than an easy one, plus added effects from 11-12 local nodes, plus the drawcalls for the graphics...you gotta take one of them out of the equation, and the only fair one would be the graphics.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,223 ★★★★
    Marri_2 wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    EndymioN wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    It's also not consistent because there are some Fights that allow you to respond properly, and others where the AI is way too quick. Like I said. Too many speed variants.

    You are probably using outdated technology. The game runs smoother than it ever has in the past. I don't have any of the issues you have. As for their speed it increases with difficulty but be like drax and have fast reflexes and its easy.
    No, I'm afraid it doesnt. As for outdated technology, my Tablet is a few years old, perhaps. My phone, an $850 phone, is not. More than sufficient space, RAM, and Processor, and 3 months into having it, issues started rising with it as well.
    There are no reflexes that will deal with AI moving faster than your device can.

    I disagree I have a much older phone (iPhone 6+) than you and I play just fine.

    Lots of people blame kabam or devices when it really just comes down to skill. You are missing blocks because you tap too slow. You are missing intercepts...you again. The AI does not move faster than your device but it is moving faster than your skill set. Just to test this out I broke out my iPad v2. Super old and could still clear darkhawk on uncollected. Its not the device....its your reaction time. If I can play and win on a dinosaur device then its probably not the devices fault.

    Seriously, the 100+ statements from the player base are not enough for you? sure, how about you leave the grown ups to talk and go play then.

    100+ where are they? I don't see them. I see a handful of people in this thread saying AI is faster than the device which isn't true. I'm sure my account is quite a bit higher than yours. I have been in top 10 alliances since I began playing now I play casually and have a 1m+ rating which I'm guessing is more than triple yours. AI speed has never been an issue. Skill, now thats another story. Post your vids and I'll tell you what you are doing wrong.

    If I watch my own vidz I can easily tell what I did wrong. Problem is I didn't do it wrong, the game often doesn't respond. 5th hit not registering, SP not firing, all after lag spikes. You can see the lag in the videos too, btw. Often I will get hit by AI's second or third hit in a combo because my swipe isn't registered. And I used to oneshot Venom boss in AQ, evading 5 hits in a row like clockwork, whose moveset is one of the most aggressive in the game. I could do full combo evades against the wall.

    Now, it's 2 evades, framedrop, smashed in the face. Or 2 blocks insta-heavy, as quick as a light attack.

    I'm not suggesting this is intentional or programmed into the AI. I am sure it is device-related. It's just that I think it's ridiculous that the most popular devices of 1-2y old can't run this game smoothly.

    So I feel KABAM should really have 2 graphics presets. That alone should decrease the drawcalls on the CPU (because framedrops is CPU related, not GPU-related). It's not so much the GPU that can't handle the graphics, because that would mean a constant low framerate. Effects like flames, physics, shadows etc tax the CPU as well, because it has to instruct the GPU to do all these things. If there is a difficult AI, which requires more CPU power than an easy one, plus added effects from 11-12 local nodes, plus the drawcalls for the graphics...you gotta take one of them out of the equation, and the only fair one would be the graphics.

    So all of the issues if you record just look like you didn't press the buttons on time....what device are you using that does this? I still have my note 5, guess what tested game out on it still no issues.
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    Marri_2 wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    EndymioN wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    It's also not consistent because there are some Fights that allow you to respond properly, and others where the AI is way too quick. Like I said. Too many speed variants.

    You are probably using outdated technology. The game runs smoother than it ever has in the past. I don't have any of the issues you have. As for their speed it increases with difficulty but be like drax and have fast reflexes and its easy.
    No, I'm afraid it doesnt. As for outdated technology, my Tablet is a few years old, perhaps. My phone, an $850 phone, is not. More than sufficient space, RAM, and Processor, and 3 months into having it, issues started rising with it as well.
    There are no reflexes that will deal with AI moving faster than your device can.

    I disagree I have a much older phone (iPhone 6+) than you and I play just fine.

    Lots of people blame kabam or devices when it really just comes down to skill. You are missing blocks because you tap too slow. You are missing intercepts...you again. The AI does not move faster than your device but it is moving faster than your skill set. Just to test this out I broke out my iPad v2. Super old and could still clear darkhawk on uncollected. Its not the device....its your reaction time. If I can play and win on a dinosaur device then its probably not the devices fault.

    Seriously, the 100+ statements from the player base are not enough for you? sure, how about you leave the grown ups to talk and go play then.

    100+ where are they? I don't see them. I see a handful of people in this thread saying AI is faster than the device which isn't true. I'm sure my account is quite a bit higher than yours. I have been in top 10 alliances since I began playing now I play casually and have a 1m+ rating which I'm guessing is more than triple yours. AI speed has never been an issue. Skill, now thats another story. Post your vids and I'll tell you what you are doing wrong.

    If I watch my own vidz I can easily tell what I did wrong. Problem is I didn't do it wrong, the game often doesn't respond. 5th hit not registering, SP not firing, all after lag spikes. You can see the lag in the videos too, btw. Often I will get hit by AI's second or third hit in a combo because my swipe isn't registered. And I used to oneshot Venom boss in AQ, evading 5 hits in a row like clockwork, whose moveset is one of the most aggressive in the game. I could do full combo evades against the wall.

    Now, it's 2 evades, framedrop, smashed in the face. Or 2 blocks insta-heavy, as quick as a light attack.

    I'm not suggesting this is intentional or programmed into the AI. I am sure it is device-related. It's just that I think it's ridiculous that the most popular devices of 1-2y old can't run this game smoothly.

    So I feel KABAM should really have 2 graphics presets. That alone should decrease the drawcalls on the CPU (because framedrops is CPU related, not GPU-related). It's not so much the GPU that can't handle the graphics, because that would mean a constant low framerate. Effects like flames, physics, shadows etc tax the CPU as well, because it has to instruct the GPU to do all these things. If there is a difficult AI, which requires more CPU power than an easy one, plus added effects from 11-12 local nodes, plus the drawcalls for the graphics...you gotta take one of them out of the equation, and the only fair one would be the graphics.

    So all of the issues if you record just look like you didn't press the buttons on time....what device are you using that does this? I still have my note 5, guess what tested game out on it still no issues.

    Galaxy S8...I know it's not the latest device, but come on, it's kind of ridiculous that a game doesn't run smoothly on this.

    And not all issues are invisible. Often you'll see the framedrop before my fate is sealed.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,223 ★★★★
    Marri_2 wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    Marri_2 wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    EndymioN wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    It's also not consistent because there are some Fights that allow you to respond properly, and others where the AI is way too quick. Like I said. Too many speed variants.

    You are probably using outdated technology. The game runs smoother than it ever has in the past. I don't have any of the issues you have. As for their speed it increases with difficulty but be like drax and have fast reflexes and its easy.
    No, I'm afraid it doesnt. As for outdated technology, my Tablet is a few years old, perhaps. My phone, an $850 phone, is not. More than sufficient space, RAM, and Processor, and 3 months into having it, issues started rising with it as well.
    There are no reflexes that will deal with AI moving faster than your device can.

    I disagree I have a much older phone (iPhone 6+) than you and I play just fine.

    Lots of people blame kabam or devices when it really just comes down to skill. You are missing blocks because you tap too slow. You are missing intercepts...you again. The AI does not move faster than your device but it is moving faster than your skill set. Just to test this out I broke out my iPad v2. Super old and could still clear darkhawk on uncollected. Its not the device....its your reaction time. If I can play and win on a dinosaur device then its probably not the devices fault.

    Seriously, the 100+ statements from the player base are not enough for you? sure, how about you leave the grown ups to talk and go play then.

    100+ where are they? I don't see them. I see a handful of people in this thread saying AI is faster than the device which isn't true. I'm sure my account is quite a bit higher than yours. I have been in top 10 alliances since I began playing now I play casually and have a 1m+ rating which I'm guessing is more than triple yours. AI speed has never been an issue. Skill, now thats another story. Post your vids and I'll tell you what you are doing wrong.

    If I watch my own vidz I can easily tell what I did wrong. Problem is I didn't do it wrong, the game often doesn't respond. 5th hit not registering, SP not firing, all after lag spikes. You can see the lag in the videos too, btw. Often I will get hit by AI's second or third hit in a combo because my swipe isn't registered. And I used to oneshot Venom boss in AQ, evading 5 hits in a row like clockwork, whose moveset is one of the most aggressive in the game. I could do full combo evades against the wall.

    Now, it's 2 evades, framedrop, smashed in the face. Or 2 blocks insta-heavy, as quick as a light attack.

    I'm not suggesting this is intentional or programmed into the AI. I am sure it is device-related. It's just that I think it's ridiculous that the most popular devices of 1-2y old can't run this game smoothly.

    So I feel KABAM should really have 2 graphics presets. That alone should decrease the drawcalls on the CPU (because framedrops is CPU related, not GPU-related). It's not so much the GPU that can't handle the graphics, because that would mean a constant low framerate. Effects like flames, physics, shadows etc tax the CPU as well, because it has to instruct the GPU to do all these things. If there is a difficult AI, which requires more CPU power than an easy one, plus added effects from 11-12 local nodes, plus the drawcalls for the graphics...you gotta take one of them out of the equation, and the only fair one would be the graphics.

    So all of the issues if you record just look like you didn't press the buttons on time....what device are you using that does this? I still have my note 5, guess what tested game out on it still no issues.

    Galaxy S8...I know it's not the latest device, but come on, it's kind of ridiculous that a game doesn't run smoothly on this.

    And not all issues are invisible. Often you'll see the framedrop before my fate is sealed.

    I will test the game out on the s8 by Sunday my buddy has one.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,223 ★★★★
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    EndymioN wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    It's also not consistent because there are some Fights that allow you to respond properly, and others where the AI is way too quick. Like I said. Too many speed variants.

    You are probably using outdated technology. The game runs smoother than it ever has in the past. I don't have any of the issues you have. As for their speed it increases with difficulty but be like drax and have fast reflexes and its easy.
    No, I'm afraid it doesnt. As for outdated technology, my Tablet is a few years old, perhaps. My phone, an $850 phone, is not. More than sufficient space, RAM, and Processor, and 3 months into having it, issues started rising with it as well.
    There are no reflexes that will deal with AI moving faster than your device can.

    I disagree I have a much older phone (iPhone 6+) than you and I play just fine.

    Lots of people blame kabam or devices when it really just comes down to skill. You are missing blocks because you tap too slow. You are missing intercepts...you again. The AI does not move faster than your device but it is moving faster than your skill set. Just to test this out I broke out my iPad v2. Super old and could still clear darkhawk on uncollected. Its not the device....its your reaction time. If I can play and win on a dinosaur device then its probably not the devices fault.

    Seriously, the 100+ statements from the player base are not enough for you? sure, how about you leave the grown ups to talk and go play then.

    100+ where are they? I don't see them. I see a handful of people in this thread saying AI is faster than the device which isn't true. I'm sure my account is quite a bit higher than yours. I have been in top 10 alliances since I began playing now I play casually and have a 1m+ rating which I'm guessing is more than triple yours. AI speed has never been an issue. Skill, now thats another story. Post your vids and I'll tell you what you are doing wrong.

    This is one Thread. People have been posting for months. You're free to disagree, but when I spend months and months struggling with performance issues, formulating theories on why it's happening, use countless Resources dealing with it, listen to the feedback from many other people with similar struggles, and then comprise a theory to post in a constuctive way (despite my sadness for these issues with the game I love), and someone comes along and says, "There is no problem, it's your skill!", I can't be bothered to blow smoke.

    It sounds like you are making a conspiracy theory to be honest. If you have an $850 phone it has to be a newer phone because I can get an iPhone 8+ for less than that. The content has gotten harder but performance wise this is pretty much the most stable mcoc has ever been. Also you don't have to complete all content, some content might not be up to your skill level. Not all content is made for all players. To me it sounds like you are blaming tge device you are on and Kabam for doing some kind of super AI coding which just isn't true.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,223 ★★★★
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    EndymioN wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    It's also not consistent because there are some Fights that allow you to respond properly, and others where the AI is way too quick. Like I said. Too many speed variants.

    You are probably using outdated technology. The game runs smoother than it ever has in the past. I don't have any of the issues you have. As for their speed it increases with difficulty but be like drax and have fast reflexes and its easy.
    No, I'm afraid it doesnt. As for outdated technology, my Tablet is a few years old, perhaps. My phone, an $850 phone, is not. More than sufficient space, RAM, and Processor, and 3 months into having it, issues started rising with it as well.
    There are no reflexes that will deal with AI moving faster than your device can.

    I disagree I have a much older phone (iPhone 6+) than you and I play just fine.

    Lots of people blame kabam or devices when it really just comes down to skill. You are missing blocks because you tap too slow. You are missing intercepts...you again. The AI does not move faster than your device but it is moving faster than your skill set. Just to test this out I broke out my iPad v2. Super old and could still clear darkhawk on uncollected. Its not the device....its your reaction time. If I can play and win on a dinosaur device then its probably not the devices fault.

    Seriously, the 100+ statements from the player base are not enough for you? sure, how about you leave the grown ups to talk and go play then.

    100+ where are they? I don't see them. I see a handful of people in this thread saying AI is faster than the device which isn't true. I'm sure my account is quite a bit higher than yours. I have been in top 10 alliances since I began playing now I play casually and have a 1m+ rating which I'm guessing is more than triple yours. AI speed has never been an issue. Skill, now thats another story. Post your vids and I'll tell you what you are doing wrong.

    This is one Thread. People have been posting for months. You're free to disagree, but when I spend months and months struggling with performance issues, formulating theories on why it's happening, use countless Resources dealing with it, listen to the feedback from many other people with similar struggles, and then comprise a theory to post in a constuctive way (despite my sadness for these issues with the game I love), and someone comes along and says, "There is no problem, it's your skill!", I can't be bothered to blow smoke.

    Honestly it sounds like a conspiracy theory to me. Content has gotten harder but the AI still behaves like it has. If you have an $850 phone then you should have no issues as new phones cost that much so it can't be outdated technology. Not all content is made for all rosters or skill levels. Maybe instead of burning resources you need to realize that the content isn't for you? I've tested this game on my old devices, to be honest this game is probably the most stable it's ever been. But I guess it's easier to blame Kabam and your device instead of maybe I dunno....you?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 26,989 ★★★★★
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    EndymioN wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    It's also not consistent because there are some Fights that allow you to respond properly, and others where the AI is way too quick. Like I said. Too many speed variants.

    You are probably using outdated technology. The game runs smoother than it ever has in the past. I don't have any of the issues you have. As for their speed it increases with difficulty but be like drax and have fast reflexes and its easy.
    No, I'm afraid it doesnt. As for outdated technology, my Tablet is a few years old, perhaps. My phone, an $850 phone, is not. More than sufficient space, RAM, and Processor, and 3 months into having it, issues started rising with it as well.
    There are no reflexes that will deal with AI moving faster than your device can.

    I disagree I have a much older phone (iPhone 6+) than you and I play just fine.

    Lots of people blame kabam or devices when it really just comes down to skill. You are missing blocks because you tap too slow. You are missing intercepts...you again. The AI does not move faster than your device but it is moving faster than your skill set. Just to test this out I broke out my iPad v2. Super old and could still clear darkhawk on uncollected. Its not the device....its your reaction time. If I can play and win on a dinosaur device then its probably not the devices fault.

    Seriously, the 100+ statements from the player base are not enough for you? sure, how about you leave the grown ups to talk and go play then.

    100+ where are they? I don't see them. I see a handful of people in this thread saying AI is faster than the device which isn't true. I'm sure my account is quite a bit higher than yours. I have been in top 10 alliances since I began playing now I play casually and have a 1m+ rating which I'm guessing is more than triple yours. AI speed has never been an issue. Skill, now thats another story. Post your vids and I'll tell you what you are doing wrong.

    This is one Thread. People have been posting for months. You're free to disagree, but when I spend months and months struggling with performance issues, formulating theories on why it's happening, use countless Resources dealing with it, listen to the feedback from many other people with similar struggles, and then comprise a theory to post in a constuctive way (despite my sadness for these issues with the game I love), and someone comes along and says, "There is no problem, it's your skill!", I can't be bothered to blow smoke.

    Honestly it sounds like a conspiracy theory to me. Content has gotten harder but the AI still behaves like it has. If you have an $850 phone then you should have no issues as new phones cost that much so it can't be outdated technology. Not all content is made for all rosters or skill levels. Maybe instead of burning resources you need to realize that the content isn't for you? I've tested this game on my old devices, to be honest this game is probably the most stable it's ever been. But I guess it's easier to blame Kabam and your device instead of maybe I dunno....you?

    I'm not having this argument with you. I can see what you're doing. It's not my skill level. I'm not interested in being razzed about this issue. You're free to state your opinion, but I can see through the attempt.
  • EndymioNEndymioN Posts: 64
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    EndymioN wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    It's also not consistent because there are some Fights that allow you to respond properly, and others where the AI is way too quick. Like I said. Too many speed variants.

    You are probably using outdated technology. The game runs smoother than it ever has in the past. I don't have any of the issues you have. As for their speed it increases with difficulty but be like drax and have fast reflexes and its easy.
    No, I'm afraid it doesnt. As for outdated technology, my Tablet is a few years old, perhaps. My phone, an $850 phone, is not. More than sufficient space, RAM, and Processor, and 3 months into having it, issues started rising with it as well.
    There are no reflexes that will deal with AI moving faster than your device can.

    I disagree I have a much older phone (iPhone 6+) than you and I play just fine.

    Lots of people blame kabam or devices when it really just comes down to skill. You are missing blocks because you tap too slow. You are missing intercepts...you again. The AI does not move faster than your device but it is moving faster than your skill set. Just to test this out I broke out my iPad v2. Super old and could still clear darkhawk on uncollected. Its not the device....its your reaction time. If I can play and win on a dinosaur device then its probably not the devices fault.

    Seriously, the 100+ statements from the player base are not enough for you? sure, how about you leave the grown ups to talk and go play then.

    100+ where are they? I don't see them. I see a handful of people in this thread saying AI is faster than the device which isn't true. I'm sure my account is quite a bit higher than yours. I have been in top 10 alliances since I began playing now I play casually and have a 1m+ rating which I'm guessing is more than triple yours. AI speed has never been an issue. Skill, now thats another story. Post your vids and I'll tell you what you are doing wrong.

    This is one Thread. People have been posting for months. You're free to disagree, but when I spend months and months struggling with performance issues, formulating theories on why it's happening, use countless Resources dealing with it, listen to the feedback from many other people with similar struggles, and then comprise a theory to post in a constuctive way (despite my sadness for these issues with the game I love), and someone comes along and says, "There is no problem, it's your skill!", I can't be bothered to blow smoke.

    Honestly it sounds like a conspiracy theory to me. Content has gotten harder but the AI still behaves like it has. If you have an $850 phone then you should have no issues as new phones cost that much so it can't be outdated technology. Not all content is made for all rosters or skill levels. Maybe instead of burning resources you need to realize that the content isn't for you? I've tested this game on my old devices, to be honest this game is probably the most stable it's ever been. But I guess it's easier to blame Kabam and your device instead of maybe I dunno....you?

    I'm not having this argument with you. I can see what you're doing. It's not my skill level. I'm not interested in being razzed about this issue. You're free to state your opinion, but I can see through the attempt.

    Hes just trolling you Grounded , just ignore the dude. i also tested it in multiple devices and all craped out so... not even going to continue to dignifie him with conversation.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 26,989 ★★★★★
    EndymioN wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    EndymioN wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    It's also not consistent because there are some Fights that allow you to respond properly, and others where the AI is way too quick. Like I said. Too many speed variants.

    You are probably using outdated technology. The game runs smoother than it ever has in the past. I don't have any of the issues you have. As for their speed it increases with difficulty but be like drax and have fast reflexes and its easy.
    No, I'm afraid it doesnt. As for outdated technology, my Tablet is a few years old, perhaps. My phone, an $850 phone, is not. More than sufficient space, RAM, and Processor, and 3 months into having it, issues started rising with it as well.
    There are no reflexes that will deal with AI moving faster than your device can.

    I disagree I have a much older phone (iPhone 6+) than you and I play just fine.

    Lots of people blame kabam or devices when it really just comes down to skill. You are missing blocks because you tap too slow. You are missing intercepts...you again. The AI does not move faster than your device but it is moving faster than your skill set. Just to test this out I broke out my iPad v2. Super old and could still clear darkhawk on uncollected. Its not the device....its your reaction time. If I can play and win on a dinosaur device then its probably not the devices fault.

    Seriously, the 100+ statements from the player base are not enough for you? sure, how about you leave the grown ups to talk and go play then.

    100+ where are they? I don't see them. I see a handful of people in this thread saying AI is faster than the device which isn't true. I'm sure my account is quite a bit higher than yours. I have been in top 10 alliances since I began playing now I play casually and have a 1m+ rating which I'm guessing is more than triple yours. AI speed has never been an issue. Skill, now thats another story. Post your vids and I'll tell you what you are doing wrong.

    This is one Thread. People have been posting for months. You're free to disagree, but when I spend months and months struggling with performance issues, formulating theories on why it's happening, use countless Resources dealing with it, listen to the feedback from many other people with similar struggles, and then comprise a theory to post in a constuctive way (despite my sadness for these issues with the game I love), and someone comes along and says, "There is no problem, it's your skill!", I can't be bothered to blow smoke.

    Honestly it sounds like a conspiracy theory to me. Content has gotten harder but the AI still behaves like it has. If you have an $850 phone then you should have no issues as new phones cost that much so it can't be outdated technology. Not all content is made for all rosters or skill levels. Maybe instead of burning resources you need to realize that the content isn't for you? I've tested this game on my old devices, to be honest this game is probably the most stable it's ever been. But I guess it's easier to blame Kabam and your device instead of maybe I dunno....you?

    I'm not having this argument with you. I can see what you're doing. It's not my skill level. I'm not interested in being razzed about this issue. You're free to state your opinion, but I can see through the attempt.

    Hes just trolling you Grounded , just ignore the dude. i also tested it in multiple devices and all craped out so... not even going to continue to dignifie him with conversation.

    He's free to comment like anyone. I'm just aware of the effort.
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Again, it's not about difficulty. I know very well what I can and can't do. If I die against a new champ because I can't bait them or because I slip up with a move I haven't seen yet, or failed to fully understand their abilities / nodes, I wouldn't complain. I never complained about DH, for example. I couldn't finish Aegon uncollected, and that was my lack of AA skill. I never complained, that's on me. But when IF is taking half my health bar in AQ because I can't get a parry or because he insta-heavies, that's when I know something isn't right.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 26,989 ★★★★★
    Marri_2 wrote: »
    Again, it's not about difficulty. I know very well what I can and can't do. If I die against a new champ because I can't bait them or because I slip up with a move I haven't seen yet, or failed to fully understand their abilities / nodes, I wouldn't complain. I never complained about DH, for example. I couldn't finish Aegon uncollected, and that was my lack of AA skill. I never complained, that's on me. But when IF is taking half my health bar in AQ because I can't get a parry or because he insta-heavies, that's when I know something isn't right.

    I know what you mean. Happens in War too. You start the Fight, and literally can't get a hit in or out of the way. They move at 3x speed and their reflexes are automatic.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,223 ★★★★
    Marri_2 wrote: »
    Again, it's not about difficulty. I know very well what I can and can't do. If I die against a new champ because I can't bait them or because I slip up with a move I haven't seen yet, or failed to fully understand their abilities / nodes, I wouldn't complain. I never complained about DH, for example. I couldn't finish Aegon uncollected, and that was my lack of AA skill. I never complained, that's on me. But when IF is taking half my health bar in AQ because I can't get a parry or because he insta-heavies, that's when I know something isn't right.

    I know what you mean. Happens in War too. You start the Fight, and literally can't get a hit in or out of the way. They move at 3x speed and their reflexes are automatic.

    You do realize the higher the tier the more advanced AI you fight right? So this basically proves that it's skill that is the limitation not the device.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 26,989 ★★★★★
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    Marri_2 wrote: »
    Again, it's not about difficulty. I know very well what I can and can't do. If I die against a new champ because I can't bait them or because I slip up with a move I haven't seen yet, or failed to fully understand their abilities / nodes, I wouldn't complain. I never complained about DH, for example. I couldn't finish Aegon uncollected, and that was my lack of AA skill. I never complained, that's on me. But when IF is taking half my health bar in AQ because I can't get a parry or because he insta-heavies, that's when I know something isn't right.

    I know what you mean. Happens in War too. You start the Fight, and literally can't get a hit in or out of the way. They move at 3x speed and their reflexes are automatic.

    You do realize the higher the tier the more advanced AI you fight right? So this basically proves that it's skill that is the limitation not the device.

    We're talking about variations in AI speed. AI that literally moves faster than your controls will. There is no Evade because the second one you try to chain is moving slower than the AI advancing towards you. There is no Medium because the AI will whiff you by the time you get to it, instantaneous reactions. Instant Blocking, regardless of what move the AI is in the process of doing. AI that jerks back as if it has Auto Evade. We're talking about AI that has a speed that exceeds the capabilities of our devices. Not someone's skill. Seriously. If you can get past the prejudice that it's our fault, we can have an actual conversation about it. Otherwise I'm not going to keep explaining myself. It's not the users responsible.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,223 ★★★★
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    Marri_2 wrote: »
    Again, it's not about difficulty. I know very well what I can and can't do. If I die against a new champ because I can't bait them or because I slip up with a move I haven't seen yet, or failed to fully understand their abilities / nodes, I wouldn't complain. I never complained about DH, for example. I couldn't finish Aegon uncollected, and that was my lack of AA skill. I never complained, that's on me. But when IF is taking half my health bar in AQ because I can't get a parry or because he insta-heavies, that's when I know something isn't right.

    I know what you mean. Happens in War too. You start the Fight, and literally can't get a hit in or out of the way. They move at 3x speed and their reflexes are automatic.

    You do realize the higher the tier the more advanced AI you fight right? So this basically proves that it's skill that is the limitation not the device.

    We're talking about variations in AI speed. AI that literally moves faster than your controls will. There is no Evade because the second one you try to chain is moving slower than the AI advancing towards you. There is no Medium because the AI will whiff you by the time you get to it, instantaneous reactions. Instant Blocking, regardless of what move the AI is in the process of doing. AI that jerks back as if it has Auto Evade. We're talking about AI that has a speed that exceeds the capabilities of our devices. Not someone's skill. Seriously. If you can get past the prejudice that it's our fault, we can have an actual conversation about it. Otherwise I'm not going to keep explaining myself. It's not the users responsible.

    Yes and you realize thats part of the game, you are used to playing the slower easier AI lol. Which is why the fast responsive more difficult content AI seems so much faster to you. It 100% is user error. Let me guess the people with the issues are in silver and gold aw alliances. The masters aw the ai is much faster. It's part of the increase in difficulty of the game modes. So its not a device issue at all. Lag is a device/internet speed issue. Your issue isn't with the AI or Kabams coding its that you aren't used to the faster speeds for more difficult content. Again not all content is made for all summoners.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 26,989 ★★★★★
    You're not even listening or looking at the problem. AI speed doesn't increase as you go up Tiers. It's obvious you're not interested in having a serious conversation about it, so I'm just going to say, thanks for your opinion. I strongly disagree, and my observations over the course of the last year or two do not concur with your theory. Let's move on.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,223 ★★★★
    edited December 2018
    You're not even listening or looking at the problem. AI speed doesn't increase as you go up Tiers. It's obvious you're not interested in having a serious conversation about it, so I'm just going to say, thanks for your opinion. I strongly disagree, and my observations over the course of the last year or two do not concur with your theory. Let's move on.

    It doesn't? You mean the maze AI and uncollected is the same difficulty as the AI for easy? They are sped up AIs. What aw tier are you in and how many times has your ally been in masters? If your answer is 0 then you can't say its not faster or more advanced AI.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 26,989 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    Yep. We're done. You don't even know what Tier I'm in, and it most certainly doesn't go faster and faster until you get to the top. You think there is no problem. We get it.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,223 ★★★★
    edited December 2018
    Yep. We're done. You don't even know what Tier I'm in, and it most certainly doesn't go faster and faster until you get to the top. You think there is no problem. We get it.

    The AI does get faster based on difficulty.....hence the reason for diffuculty levels. I'm pretty sure I identified the problem.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 26,989 ★★★★★
    Carrie Underwood.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,223 ★★★★
    Carrie Underwood.

    You must be dreaming
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 26,989 ★★★★★
    It's a nice way of saying, "Jesus Take the Wheel". If you're going to try and get a rise out of me and hijack my thread without responding to what I've presented, I figured I would respond in kind.
    I'm moving on to discuss it with others now, thank you.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,223 ★★★★
    It's a nice way of saying, "Jesus Take the Wheel". If you're going to try and get a rise out of me and hijack my thread without responding to what I've presented, I figured I would respond in kind.
    I'm moving on to discuss it with others now, thank you.

    I'm answering your question over and over again but you want to blame kabam and your $850 phone instead of the real problem. Do you have video evidence of this? What game mode? What difficulty? I'm guessing you aren't having these issues on normal difficulty. I ask questions you refuse to give answers. More difficult content has faster responding AI. Its called difficulty levels.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 26,989 ★★★★★
    You're not interested in discussing what I'm talking about at all. That's not even a dig. You've displayed that by your comments. You're trying to twist whatever response I have to fit your claim that I'm the problem. You can't have a reasonable conversation when you refuse to see what the issue is. It is NOT skill. It is not someone playing above their level. It is AI that has speeds that bypass the devices. It's about the importance of controls operating, over whatever the cause is. You can continue to say it's just us, but all you're really doing is carrying on your own conversation and ignoring what we're saying.
    Which is why I have no desire to discuss it with you. Not my first kick at the can. I know when someone is just razzing me. Sorry.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,223 ★★★★
    edited December 2018
    You're not interested in discussing what I'm talking about at all. That's not even a dig. You've displayed that by your comments. You're trying to twist whatever response I have to fit your claim that I'm the problem. You can't have a reasonable conversation when you refuse to see what the issue is. It is NOT skill. It is not someone playing above their level. It is AI that has speeds that bypass the devices. It's about the importance of controls operating, over whatever the cause is. You can continue to say it's just us, but all you're really doing is carrying on your own conversation and ignoring what we're saying.
    Which is why I have no desire to discuss it with you. Not my first kick at the can. I know when someone is just razzing me. Sorry.

    I have only stayed on topic, no ones attacking you lol. The controls are working, I've tested on androids, ios, ipad and I have no issues. You have 0 video evidence of controls not working. You can't even answer what game modes it happens in. I am done with you and your personal attacks.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 26,989 ★★★★★
    .....and there's the evidence.
    Next time you try and get me going, you might want to refrain from the previous two random comments accusing me of not letting people vent. Gives it away.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,223 ★★★★
    .....and there's the evidence.
    Next time you try and get me going, you might want to refrain from the previous two random comments accusing me of not letting people vent. Gives it away.

    I'm not venting I answered your question. You have 0 evidence of your issues with the game and 0 details.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 26,989 ★★★★★
    Ok. Sure. Everyone who has reported these issues is either imagining it, or lacking skill. Lol. If that's your theory, more power to you. I'm not discussing it with you anymore though.
Sign In or Register to comment.