**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

14 day gifting event

Hello people of kabam

During this event i moved from one allaince to another and as everyone does I gifted some ppl in my old alliance some gifts and i was able to claim those rewards. Then i moved to my new allaince, right before the cutoff of season 6. And now all of the sudden now i can't claim those rewards because i joined my new allaince. Now this is were I don't get it! I'm what they call in the mcoc community, a whale, and I used money to buy units so I can gift those ppl in my new alliance whats there to gift. And now i can't claim those 18k tier 2 alpha shards ec. I feel kinda discriminated because I wanted to move from one ally to another and now i get punished for doing that. I had no reason to make use of any eventually diadvantge in the rewards in some sort, but I think it is not fair towards me because this gifting event comes once a year!

Is there still a way that you can undo those restrictions

Greetings D€vastator
2a8bzvopbmoi.png

Comments

• SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    This is how it always has been. If you change alliances before rewards are given out, you lose those rewards. Otherwise there would be a metric ton of people like you that would help an alliance get to top rewards, jump to a new alliance, do the same, and repeat until the event ended just so they could claim rewards for 20 different alliances. Not how that works. Never has been, never will be. That problem is on you, not Kabam.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    similar issue here.....

i was solo... joined an alliance but cant claim rewards...
    getting the run around from kabam....
    and the thread i am posting in is not getting bumped

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/678562#Comment_678562
    kabam is telling me i cant claim cus my previous alliance earned them.

i have not been in an alliance the whole time the gifting event has been up.

they keep telling me "my previous alliance earned them" i keep telling them "i had no previous alliance" they keep telling me "my previous alliance" i keep saying "i had no pervious alliance"

how could my previous alliance earn the rewards when i had no previous alliance??
    i am reffering to my second account not my 3rd which this forum account is linked to.
    MaatMan wrote: »
    similar issue here.....

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/678562#Comment_678562

That is completely unrelated. The OP jumped alliances, presumably in an effort to try to claim rewarss from multiple alliances. Event rewards have never workes that way and he has nothing to complain about.

You, however, do have a legit beef if, as you say, were solo then joined an alliance. Although I think in the past there has been issues where you cannot claim items earned by the alliance BEFORE you joined them so that might be the case here, presuming you joined mid-event.
    edited December 2018
    similar issue here.....

That is completely unrelated. The OP jumped alliances, presumably in an effort to try to claim rewarss from multiple alliances. Event rewards have never workes that way and he has nothing to complain about.

You, however, do have a legit beef if, as you say, were solo then joined an alliance. Although I think in the past there has been issues where you cannot claim items earned by the alliance BEFORE you joined them so that might be the case here, presuming you joined mid-event.

kabam have said there is no blackout for this event.....

i was merely posting here cus there is an issue with this event.
    support is not helping and the other thread is not being bumped up for peeps to read.

@Sabrefencer read the thread i linked and you will see msgs from kabam support.
    no blackout period.
    There is no black out in that you don't have to wait to claim new rewards. But you cannot claim rewards that were earned BEFORE you joined the alliance because you didn't contribute to those rewards being earned. If that were possible, you'd see alliance jumpers everywhere. Nothing new there. But if it's new rewards that have been earned since AFTER you joined, then you have a legit complaint.
    There is no black out in that you don't have to wait to claim new rewards. But you cannot claim rewards that were earned BEFORE you joined the alliance because you didn't contribute to those rewards being earned. If that were possible, you'd see alliance jumpers everywhere. Nothing new there. But if it's new rewards that have been earned since AFTER you joined, then you have a legit complaint.

this event is different as they have the point thresholds.

read the thread i linked bro.....
    kabam say that i cannot claim them because my previous ally eearned them.
    but i had no previous ally.
    If you join an alliance mid-AQ and the AQ Completion event us running, you can't claim those back-rewards. Can't claim rewards that were earned when you weren't in an alliance. Never have been able to. Again, if it's new rewards, that's different. Keep sending tickets and ask for it to be escalated.
    If you join an alliance mid-AQ and the AQ Completion event us running, you can't claim those back-rewards. Can't claim rewards that were earned when you weren't in an alliance. Never have been able to. Again, if it's new rewards, that's different. Keep sending tickets and ask for it to be escalated.

as i said it is different as already said by kabam,..... read the other post i linked bro
    I did read your linked post, "bro". What part of "you can't claim rewards for an event when you weren't part of the alliance when they earned them" is so hard to understand? It has ALWAYS been like that for EVERY event where rewards are given out for each milestone reached. If that were allowed, there would be people jumping to new alliances to claim rewards, jump to a new alliance to claim those rewards, and do that for the length of the event.
    thats not wat is said
    it says there is not blackout period.
    it says the score was earned from my former alliance.
    i had no former alliance
    they keep saying i earned it from my previous alliance....

i had no previous alliance,...
    the point cutoff in this event is to stop alliance jumpers they even mention that
    Ok, so you had no previous alliance to claim them from. So what. You still can't claim them in a new alliance because you weren't there to help them earn them. That's how it has ALWAYS BEEN.
    cmon @Sabrefencer

they say " its not because when you joined this alliance but your former alliance earned it while you were there"

I WAS IN NO FORMER ALLIANCE
    That still doesn't matter. Players have NEVER NEVER NEVER been able to claim rewards for an event that were earned BEFORE THEY JOINED. How hard is that to understand?
    Ok, so you had no previous alliance to claim them from. So what. You still can't claim them in a new alliance because you weren't there to help them earn them. That's how it has ALWAYS BEEN.

THIS EVENT HAS NO BLACKOUT THEY SAY THAT!
    kabam have said aslong as you have not claimed them in a previous alliance then you can claim them
    0hlx4fbmm92c.png
    edited December 2018
    @Sabrefencer you are missing the part where kabnam have said this does not have the blackout same as other events.

they say aslong as you have not claimed them elsewhere then you can claim them.
    the point cutoff means that you have to contribute a valid amount to claim them which i have done

"it seems that the reason you cannot claim the reward is because of when you joined the Alliance, but that your former Alliance eared the reward while you were still in it. In The Contest, you are only able to earn one reward per event, and in this instance, even though you did not claim the reward from your old Alliance, you had still already "earned" it. This is in place to prevent players from switching Alliances and claiming multiple rewards. Unfortunately, this means we are not able to provide the milestone reward you missed."

they are telling me i already earned the reward elsewhere. i did not. i was nowhere else
    Then it really does sound like you need to keep contacting Kabam support and get the matter escalated. If that is really how they are treating the event then you have a legit beef.
    Then it really does sound like you need to keep contacting Kabam support and get the matter escalated. If that is really how they are treating the event then you have a legit beef.

i am. i have sent a couple of msgs and keep just getting the BS run around.
    they keep just saying "my previous alliance"
    to which i keep saying i had no previous alliance.
    its like they aree not even looking at my account

Are your accounts linked to the same email address? That could be the issue.

I know last year where there was the exploit where people got Completion rewards for redoing an event, I got it a couple times. Kabam took all my 5* shards, even the 8000 I had earned prior to the exploit. It took me 5 or 6 tickets and an escalation to get my 8k shards back that I had earned legitimately.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,136 ★★★★★

Yeah defrind for giffting event

I know last year where there was the exploit where people got Completion rewards for redoing an event, I got it a couple times. Kabam took all my 5* shards, even the 8000 I had earned prior to the exploit. It took me 5 or 6 tickets and an escalation to get my 8k shards back that I had earned legitimately.

no i have 3 accounts with 3 different emails....
    i even made sure to send the email from the email account that is linked to my game account that is having thee issue

no i have 3 accounts with 3 different emails....
    i even made sure to send the email from the email account that is linked to my game account that is having thee issue

Well then, keep at it. If that's their stance, then you have a beef.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    I have a similar issue, joined a different alliance only hours after the gifting event started, I didn't contribute any points to the event in my old alliance, now that I've contributed points in my new alliance I can't claim any of the milestones. This can't be right.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★

they keep telling me "my previous alliance earned them" i keep telling them "i had no previous alliance" they keep telling me "my previous alliance" i keep saying "i had no pervious alliance"

how could my previous alliance earn the rewards when i had no previous alliance??
    i am reffering to my second account not my 3rd which this forum account is linked to.
    Another new account hey, guess you got a forum account for each. So after they've already banned one you just use the other. May need to find a forum for people addicted to forums
    Jaffacaked wrote: »

Another new account hey, guess you got a forum account for each. So after they've already banned one you just use the other. May need to find a forum for people addicted to forums

What do you mean another new account?
    Who do you think i am? I dont know you or who you are.
    I have 3 game accounts.
    I just started this forum account
    I regularly read the forum however dont post as i cant be bothered.
    This situation irked me particulalry though as it was esp stupid from support. Telling me i was in an alliance even after telling them i wasnt.