**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Mystery item [Merged Threads]

Comments

• JellybeanJellybean Posts: 33
    bckm2o0cncrd.jpg
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,866 ★★★★★
    Hey All,

Thank you for the feedback on the Calendar. I'm sorry to hear that come of you are disappointed by the Free items in the Calendar that are just part of the regular log in Calendar. This particular spot was hidden not because it's a special gift, but because it would have revealed an event that had not yet been announced.

There is also a separate Log In Calendar that is more closely tied to the Holidays. More importantly, I'm seeing a lot of people comparing this to the Rank Down Tickets from last year, but what I think that most of them are forgetting is that they were not in the Calendar either.

I'll ask the team to keep this in mind for next year and the future.

If that was the case then those items should have been added into the holiday calender as well and not had a mystery item in the regualr monthly calender making it seem like it was going to be a special useful item. Especially making it on the 25th makes it seem like it was going to be something helpful to all levels of players not just those who just started. Whoever made that decision should have their christmas bonus taken away so they know how we sense be let down for the holidays.

It was the same as last year.
  • WendigoWendigo Posts: 16
    How does my 6 year old daughter tell me....."thats not a very good surprise dad, not very good at all" she realizes that they don't even help her account...but Kabaam doesn't give a shht about any non whales....so why should we care about them...
    New years resolutions, quit playing MCoC for a week, month, year or forever. Something to make these guys sit up and pay attention, because we're tired of taking it up the chute....
    LMAO......? 5 lesser gifting CRYSTALS??? Funny shift.....
  • KormoKormo Posts: 77
    I am pretty sure they will make a comeback tomorrow.. remember black Friday an cyber Monday? I'm sure there will be a better reward tomorrow
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    The calendars really took a step back from last year. Oh well 365 days left to see the same rewards next year.
    The calendars really took a step back from last year. Oh well 365 days left to see the same rewards next year.
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    VulcanM wrote: »
    sbdjdk wrote: »
    hear that kabam? the people who didnt read the ingame mail are mad that they got 5 lesser gifting crystals despite being told about it in the mail. cant believe youd pull a fast one on us like that, getting everyones hopes up and then shooting them down.
    When we’re we told about it, do you have a screenshot. Can’t believe myself, my alliance and the community missed it

nah i cant go back to find it. the "read" section was filled with recieved gifts so they deleted some messages automatically.

Convenient, because im looking back at my Alt, and unless they posted it mid november, there aint jack about it.

i know right? super convenient that i cant find it.
    That’s ok I have it for you.
    av3wqsc6g0t4.jpeg

Same gift as last year, btw. There was also a thread on it. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/110001/mail-says-gifting-crystal-on-the-december-calendar#latest

Thanks for the giggle.

Let me circle where it says that we’re getting gifting crystals on the 25th.

Edit: never mind, it wasn’t stated in that message. OOPS.

But if it helps, your post proved Mikes post about ?ing it out because it’d give away the event wrong. Since they stated we’re getting gifting crystals anyway, so thanks for that.
    Given they state gifting crystals are on the calendar and they do not appear anywhere on that calendar there is only one spot left for them to be. Lawl. And again it was the same gift as last year.

Here are the two past years for comparison.8y9brtr7oeca.jpeg
    kwvm4x1i135i.png
  • Crimsontide1616Crimsontide1616 Posts: 303 ★★
    Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Not going to lie, I was surprised when that showed up as the reward, pretty disappointed. I hope something great shows up tomorrow.
  • Asto03 wrote: »
    Could we at least get the 40 units. for a lot of players the crystals are basically useless.

Agreed, feel like I'd rather have those 40 units this time... than a middle finger in my face on Xmas day
  • Snail_McGavinSnail_McGavin Posts: 105
    GW, the biggest ass licking tool known to man.
  • Mystery item in the calendar KNOWING we are hoping for RDTs.... just wow... #DoBetter
  • SilentKissSilentKiss Posts: 138
    ydagt9qiohe4.png
    52yvgf8xxf3s.png
    Guys and Gals, they are reading, they know when we are upset, they know when youre sleeping, and know when you're awake.
    But for real it's free. **** but free. I'm just as annoyed with their logic but none the less insults won't help.
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 433 ★★★★
    What a joke. Why make this calendar reward hidden like its some kind of special thing when its really just garbage? Actively trolling the community now....bravo.

Disappointing, out of touch and pathetic.
  • Snail_McGavinSnail_McGavin Posts: 105
    Keep flagging me tool bag
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    sbdjdk wrote: »
    hear that kabam? the people who didnt read the ingame mail are mad that they got 5 lesser gifting crystals despite being told about it in the mail. cant believe youd pull a fast one on us like that, getting everyones hopes up and then shooting them down.
    When we’re we told about it, do you have a screenshot. Can’t believe myself, my alliance and the community missed it

nah i cant go back to find it. the "read" section was filled with recieved gifts so they deleted some messages automatically.

Convenient, because im looking back at my Alt, and unless they posted it mid november, there aint jack about it.

i know right? super convenient that i cant find it.
    That’s ok I have it for you.
    av3wqsc6g0t4.jpeg

Same gift as last year, btw. There was also a thread on it. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/110001/mail-says-gifting-crystal-on-the-december-calendar#latest

Thanks for the giggle.

Let me circle where it says that we’re getting gifting crystals on the 25th.

Edit: never mind, it wasn’t stated in that message. OOPS.

But if it helps, your post proved Mikes post about ?ing it out because it’d give away the event wrong. Since they stated we’re getting gifting crystals anyway, so thanks for that.
    Given they state gifting crystals are on the calendar and they do not appear anywhere on that calendar there is only one spot left for them to be. Lawl. And again it was the same gift as last year.

Here are the two past years for comparison.8y9brtr7oeca.jpeg
    kwvm4x1i135i.png

On that evidence, the picture provided with the message has a Greater gifting in the banner, where is that in my calendar?
    Grasping at straws to moan about? Hey sorry your expectations of Kabam ruined X-mas for you, maybe it’s time to build the bridge and get over it as the river of tears has been flowing for nearly two hours.
  • ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    They had EVERY opportunity in the world to announce this after the event launched, on the multiple forums posts, anywhere. It was an idiotic oversight. They saw us speculate for days, if not weeks, what was under that ?
  • Brutus2099Brutus2099 Posts: 52
    Hey All,

Thank you for the feedback on the Calendar. I'm sorry to hear that come of you are disappointed by the Free items in the Calendar that are just part of the regular log in Calendar. This particular spot was hidden not because it's a special gift, but because it would have revealed an event that had not yet been announced.

There is also a separate Log In Calendar that is more closely tied to the Holidays. More importantly, I'm seeing a lot of people comparing this to the Rank Down Tickets from last year, but what I think that most of them are forgetting is that they were not in the Calendar either.

I'll ask the team to keep this in mind for next year and the future.

@Kabam Miike while I do appreciate your insight let’s face it the fact this was hidden no matter the reason generated hype and you peeps at Kabam would have known that.

Regardless of the other calendars going on you knew what you did and no doubt knew what the result would be. This game is amazing but you guys constantly put your foot in it!

If this had been 5 GGC instead, while some people would no doubt have whinged as you just can’t please some people; overall I think it would have been accepted by the community - I mean who doesn’t want 5 free chances at Kang or Thanos. And with the drop rates very few would have got them but majority would have got some useful items out of the crystals.

Kabam you guys have a great content creator programme - why not run certain things past these guys sometimes as to their thoughts. They do a lot for your game and generally have fair and balanced responses to offers and content some are even free to play so you would get a wide affirmation on what’s good / bad and how the community might react - you don’t need to follow their advice at all but it could give you another way to gauge the community as a whole.

Anyway maybe some food for thought in future. Have a great holiday season regardless.

Brutus2099.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    It feels like April fool’s. 5 GGC to retify this kabam
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Okay, I'm done. It's Christmas Eve, and the level of entitlement is just ruining my night. Have at it.

Yeeeahhh. There's a difference between entitlement and misleading the community.

You have a calendar running right now that gives out three greater gifting crystals and a fully formed T2 Alpha, and another that gives out a fully formed T4 Basic and fully formed T4 class. When you put a "?" on the item given on CHRISTMAS DAY, you imply that it's going to be at least equal in value to those prior items.

It doesn't even come close. For anybody that's been playing more than a year the items you get from the lesser gifting crystal are completely useless.

Right. Tell me how they mislead you in ANY WAY about what it was, or what the expectation would be, and I'll consider it. Otherwise, it was just a Mystery Item and people who are demanding more than was given.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    Still to come

- 3750 5* shards
    - 3 GGCs
    - 6 chilled challenge entries
    - 1 full t2a
    - 1 t4b

Let's take a step back. I'd agree it probably should have been made public prior to today, but if you're really going to quit over this, you already wanted to.
This discussion has been closed.