**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

My personal feelings regarding the mystery item

Over and over again we've been promised "full transparency" by the team. I finally reached the point where I started to trust them again. I even started spending a little again. Then the mystery item was revealed. Look, I get the idea behind covering it up because they didnt want to reveal the gifting event. But if you're going to cover an item, make it a good one. Or, how about this, uncover the item immediately after you release the event so we dont sit here and get our hopes up. That isnt total transparency. At best that's complacency and apathy regarding your fan base.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I spend on this game when I feel that I'm getting a value. Why is it so hard to just put the players happiness first?

Comments

• CateatswhalesCateatswhales Posts: 112
    They say it was covered to not reveal gifting event. BUT ... let's get real there gifting event has been happening since the beginning and why wouldnt it its a huge money maker for kabam. Probably one of if not the biggest for them. Kabam knew exactly what they were doing. They knew there would be anger.,, they don't care about you or me. I stopped spending on this game a while back and am proud of it. Unfortunately people dont stand for anything anymore and will continue to spend and be burnt by kabam. .. it will never stop til player base unifies and follows through on a spending ban.... so it will never stop
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    There is a stark difference between being transparent in regards to game changes and, according to some, a crappy gift.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    They say it was covered to not reveal gifting event. BUT ... let's get real there gifting event has been happening since the beginning and why wouldnt it its a huge money maker for kabam. Probably one of if not the biggest for them. Kabam knew exactly what they were doing. They knew there would be anger.,, they don't care about you or me. I stopped spending on this game a while back and am proud of it. Unfortunately people dont stand for anything anymore and will continue to spend and be burnt by kabam. .. it will never stop til player base unifies and follows through on a spending ban.... so it will never stop

People have choices. They can choose to spend or not. They can choose to be fine with the "mystery" item or they can choose to blow it out of proportion. They gave the same item as last year so i am not sure why everyone is getting so upset. If They didn't care, there wouldn't be the changes they have been making in the game. The community set itself up for this, not Kabam.

You can be upset but you are assuming all players have your viewpoint and the simple truth is they dont.
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    We're sorry to hear you feel this way. We do our best to be as transparent as possible with y'all so you are aware of everything that is going on. With this event, we understand many of you weren't happy with the item and have been taking detailed feedback of it to bring back to our team. This feedback we'll be viewed and taken into account for future events.

I ve read you post this at least 20+ times this year on this boards, so my following question, in total honestly, is how can you, despite having such a massive feedback from here and coming and going take it to the team everytime, manage to still screw up?

The major problem i see lingering around , let me be fair, it's not even "that item", it's the new policy of "give the absolutely lowest rewards you can think of as "outrageous but still useful", and then fill them with patch-aids later if the community backleash is too much, a really annoying and greedy form of damage control.

You make between half a billion to a billion dollar PER YEAR. Are you really telling me that you can't give out 5 higher tier gifting crystals on the 25th cause it'd make you LOSE money? I m sure we're both reasonable persons and individuals, so i'm also sure you realize that what you write NEVER takes into consideration players can think. It just doesn't add up for all players who can see past their nose.

How hard is to toss a cookie now and then BEFORE you're forced to toss a cookie to damage control? Sometimes i don't understand if people above you guys actually gives a poop. Not mods fault for sure.
  • Kushstar420Kushstar420 Posts: 192
    Please next time if it's not a 6* ag or 5* ag or a t2a or something worth while then don't make it a mystery box as ppl will expect the absolute best thing. Thanks
  • CaptainnomadCaptainnomad Posts: 35
    I remember back in the day, the game would malfunction and we would get massive gifts as compensation. I had no problem dropping good money to support the game back then. Now, we're treated like subservients to our kabam overlords. The fact is, we're here because the game is fun. But the way the game is run lately is a joke. Maybe those in charge forgot this, but we are your customers. You owe your existence to us. We keep you afloat. Keeping customers happy is a pretty important rule in business.
  • CaptainnomadCaptainnomad Posts: 35
    "We are aware of a massive bug. We will compensate you ONLY what you would have gained and give you nothing for your frustration."
    That line, "last year was last year," was a gigantic spit in our faces.