**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Do you support spending in mcoc?

I personally think it’s absurd to continuously spend money on a mobile video game, when there are better things you could do with it. After all, anything that you buy is just a digital resource, and basically is free to generate for Kabam. Just wondering what you guys think.

Comments

• The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I personally decided not to spend any more on this game quite a while ago but if others want to that's up to them.
    Who am I to tell others what to do with their money
  • PiccoloSBCPiccoloSBC Posts: 103
    Thanks for giving your thoughts Kabam vydious
  • RaikisRaikis Posts: 173
    This game is like a drug or pringles, once you pop... I am trying to spend only when offers are really worth it and their value can help me :)
  • KyrieRedKyrieRed Posts: 287 ★★
    Money is yours and do as you please
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    Look at it in this plain and simple way.

It is perfeclty good and valid for anyone to spend their money on whatevea brings them enjoyment.

Some people spend $200 on a noght out drinking,
    People spend $50 going to movies, or ten pin bowling or similar for a few hours enjoyment.
    Some people buy something that just sits on display in their house.
    Some people spend money on expensive food and drinks.
    You would easily spend $50 - $100 on a few hours worth of fun in many many different situations.

Dont compare spending money in a video game to the purchase of goods. It will never work. Yes you get nothing when you purchase a cideo game. However if you buy a $500 table what have you really got?
    Compare ot instead to spending money on an enjoyable time.
    You spend $50 on a movie, what have you got? A few hours of fun.
    Spend $100 on drinks, what have you got? A few hours of fun.
    Spend $40 at the arcade, what have you got? A few hours of fun.
    Spend $50 bucks on a video game, what have you got? Many many many many hours of fun.

Yes you might spend $50 now and $50 later and $50 later but is that really any dofferent to seeing 3 movies? I actually argue that maybe more enjoyment comes from the money spent in a video game.

Tl:dr. Dont compare spending in a game to making a purchase. Compare it to spending money on having a good time.
    Aslong as one spends wat they can afford all is good.
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    I thank all the spenders in the game as it allows broke af people like me to play this game without spending money...I support spending in the game cuz one if u like spending time on this game then why not improve your experience with offers..second either way u are giving time(instead of money) to the game so u can either spend an hour grinding or work overtime to get the money to spend.
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    .... they could do ads
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,658 ★★★★★
    Still weighing whether to get gifting badge.
  • I used to spend £8 per month on World Of Warcraft. In 18 months of that I would have spent a lot more than I have in 18 months of Contest. I don't play it anymore but don't feel it was wasted money.
    Gaming is a hobby and people like to spend money on their hobbies. As long as they are only using disposable income and aren't going hungry to do so, then it's all good.
  • King363672King363672 Posts: 403 ★★★
    You are forgetting about their hard work .
    The time they spend for game development .
    And still this game is free for all .
    Why we earned money to spend for our needs and desires whether you are spending it in game or buying something in real life
  • roberto94 wrote: »
    .... they could do ads

LMFAOOOOOOOO!! A big fat ad in the middle of a fight... WONDERFUL 😂😂😂

@MaatMan: bro, did you think somebody was gone read all that? 🤣
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    Please spend guys
    So that the game remains ad free

Thanks
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    sd__white wrote: »
    roberto94 wrote: »
    .... they could do ads

I got carried away.
    But i did put tl:dr at the end.

Did u read it? Lol
  • Sunny2847Sunny2847 Posts: 125
    I dont mind buying offers which suit me...on the other side why no one appreciates..it might be a mobile game,but the very design,global friends,amazing graphics,lots of content..kudos to kabam!!!graphics are sick..feels like a pc game
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    I do. It keeps the game alive. I dont spend anymore as I used to do, but I think that my 5 cents of spending would either help to pay the employees... or make Kabam richer, but I would leave that thought to someone else.
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    sd__white wrote: »
    roberto94 wrote: »
    .... they could do ads

Well maybe not in the middle of the fight but just when during log in - press X and done. That way they still get a good amount of money generated by their ads
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    You’re paying for the entertainment. As others pointed out, no different from going to the movies, arcade or other means of entertainment.

I don’t play many games but how many games allow you to play all contents of the game without forcing you to purchase to open a content or item?
  • WorkingAsIntendedWorkingAsIntended Posts: 164 ★★
    Nope I did once but now I’m smarter after 12.0 thanks kabam
  • HairyslugHairyslug Posts: 76
    If this game makes you happy thand you are careful don’t become addicted like some loot box games
  • Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 249 ★★
    Personally, I think it's absurd for anyone to think they have any right to say what others chose to do. It seems to be completely forgotten all the time and effort that goes into a game like this and the amount of people it takes to create it and keep it going. It's also absurd to question the spenders in this game because if not for them this game that the F2P people enjoy so much wouldn't be here. There's absolutely nothing wrong with contributing from time to time to keep something you love alive and well.
  • SoulreaverasSoulreaveras Posts: 63
    I am not against spending in game if it’s for the pleasure of playing.
    However, lately it seems that content is being developed and initiated with the intent of making you spend said money to complete. It’s almost to the point that unless you spend money, like in energy, shards for higher tiers, or buffs, you can’t progress not matter your skill set.
    I think that’s what the main complaint is on this topic.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    I am not against spending in game if it’s for the pleasure of playing.
    However, lately it seems that content is being developed and initiated with the intent of making you spend said money to complete. It’s almost to the point that unless you spend money, like in energy, shards for higher tiers, or buffs, you can’t progress not matter your skill set.

Here's a tangential question: would you prefer content as above, difficult, most people will need to use units and items, and likely money in the end, to complete, or content that isn't so end-game focused that requires units/money to enter in the first place?

One gives you more guaranteed success for an up front fee.. the other gives you content tha can costs as little or as much as your roster, skill and inventory will allow.

• I am not against spending in game if it’s for the pleasure of playing.

I have no first hand knowledge of what Kabam's intent is when they develop content, but I can say if their intent is to force players to spend money to make progress in the game they are incredibly bad at it. As long as you aren't in some sort of race with anyone else, this game is incredibly free to play friendly. You can literally, and I mean literally have rank 4 5* champions if the only thing you've ever done in the game is log in consistently. You could be blind and playing the game with your assistance dog's snout and still have at least a couple of champions at the second highest rank in the game just from the login calendar rewards.

It takes either a lot of time or a lot of money to go very fast. But it takes no money at all to get everywhere eventually. That is the ideal free to play game. Anyone who says they can't progress without spending is somehow doing it worse than someone who literally cannot do anything except figure out how to log in once a morning. If you want to see what a dedicated veteran free to play player can accomplish over a long period of time, see Brian Grant's account. If you want to see what a free to play player can accomplish in less than a year and a half and playing only part time, see Seatin's free to play account. It is a heck of a lot.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    Your entitled to your opinion, but you're not entitled to tell people how to spend their money.
  • DrPepper_75DrPepper_75 Posts: 126
    I spend quite a bit. Not whale money.