**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

THIS IS WHY HYPERION NEEDS A NERF

Comments

• GQuantaoGQuantao Posts: 208
    Hazem wrote: »
    I can post a video if needed, beat him without any power drain champs without getting touched

I would very much like to see that. As of the moment, I"m in the 'nerf him' camp- I run into him a lot in Arenas, where I don't have a choice of bringing a Power Drain champ to fight him. Very often, he keeps refusing my baits, mostly blocks and powers up to SP3.
    If I can learn a way to fight him and bait successfully, that'd be great and much appreciated
  • DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
    Mr_Chris wrote: »
    So you failed.. that isn't really proof you're right. I just killed a 4* hyperion in t1 war rated over 13k on that same node. He fired lots of specials. Win some lose some.

Sometimes he tosses out specials for free, other times he sits back and reads the paper until he fills up 3 bars. You honestly haven't noticed this?
  • HazemHazem Posts: 243
    edited July 2017
    @GQuantao u got line? It seems that i can't post a video here

• Mr_ChrisMr_Chris Posts: 109
    I've seen him take me directly to level 3 and hit me but that's on me. Sometimes you get unlucky or sometimes you don't bait as well as others. No one fights perfect against a great champ every time. Sometimes stun immune nc or dorm kill me. Sometimes I accidentally parry bpcw with Armor up and he wrecks me and sometimes Hyperion and mordo hit level 3. Normally I do very well in t1 war. Sometimes I mess up but when I do I recognize that it's me and not the champ that need to be addressed or corrected.
  • namelessnameless Posts: 31
    Hyperion can't run through content like SW/DS used to be able to. I think many have a problem with the war nodes that increase power gain not the character itself. The character without the power gain node is easy to kill so obviously everyone is complaining about nerfing the wrong thing. Cry about nerfing power gaining nodes in AW instead of the power gaining champs.
  • TrololololoTrololololo Posts: 11
    Lol
  • Drakon56Drakon56 Posts: 32
    edited July 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_4gOmm3cZ4&t=

You started a post saying this is why Hyp needs a nerf.

Here's a video I made, showing why Hyp doesn't need a nerf
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Drakon56 wrote: »

1 word, AWESOME! (I'd say 2 words but I'm probably gonna get flagged for that first word).

I agree, main thing is to power bait. And, while reiterated many times, a good counter to Hyperion can be power drain champs and power lock champs.

- Hawkeye would be a good choice since he power drains and bleeds for his L1.
    - Magik is an obvious solution, it's pretty easy to get to special 2 while power baiting and gaining power from MD.
    - Visions would be good, but the class disadvantage means you gotta be careful.
    - Gwenpool might work, but she only stops the opponent from gaining power from getting hit, so he's still going to gain power from his own power gain. Nonetheless, Gwenpool can inflict strong bleed and kill him quickly.
    - Dormammu can power lock with his special 2 (and when imbued is active, can drain Hyperion's power)
    - SW can power lock, steal and nullify Hyperion's power gain.
    - WS is more based on luck, but if you are lucky, he can continuously drain Hyperion's power
    - etc.

So yea, you an see, there are quite a lot of counters to this knock-off superman. You just need to know that some champions do well against other champions, that's what makes this not just a fighting game, but a fighting game with strategy.
  • Smiley100Smiley100 Posts: 19
    StarLord should get nerf. What should I have to pay more to run lol. When people with r4 SL do it for the fraction of the price.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »

1 word, AWESOME! (I'd say 2 words but I'm probably gonna get flagged for that first word).

I agree, main thing is to power bait. And, while reiterated many times, a good counter to Hyperion can be power drain champs and power lock champs.

- Magik is an obvious solution, it's pretty easy to get to special 2 while power baiting and gaining power from MD.
    - Gwenpool might work, but she only stops the opponent from gaining power from getting hit, so he's still going to gain power from his own power gain. Nonetheless, Gwenpool can inflict strong bleed and kill him quickly.
    - Dormammu can power lock with his special 2 (and when imbued is active, can drain Hyperion's power)
    - WS is more based on luck, but if you are lucky, he can continuously drain Hyperion's power
    - etc.

So yea, you an see, there are quite a lot of counters to this knock-off superman. You just need to know that some champions do well against other champions, that's what makes this not just a fighting game, but a fighting game with strategy.

I used Hawkeye like I said MANY times in this thread and surprise surprise he didn't work
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    Good for you, guys who have videos of yourself beating x character. I beat three one and two-noded Hype bosses with SW and was able to bait easily enough. Then one war I practiced another hype boss via duel and literally that jackass stood there with his arms folded no matter what I did and hit L3 twice. Moral of the story is when you need something to happen it usually doesn't, and when you don't need it to happen it does, but it sure happens more often than not with jackass-smirking-arms-folded Hyperion.
    Smiley100 wrote: »
    StarLord should get nerf. What should I have to pay more to run lol. When people with r4 SL do it for the fraction of the price.

SL takes actual skill

Hyperion is the effortless walk through that got SW, Thor, BW, and DS nerfed in v12!
    Good for you, guys who have videos of yourself beating x character. I beat three one and two-noded Hype bosses with SW and was able to bait easily enough. Then one war I practiced another hype boss via duel and literally that jackass stood there with his arms folded no matter what I did and hit L3 twice. Moral of the story is when you need something to happen it usually doesn't, and when you don't need it to happen it does, but it sure happens more often than not with jackass-smirking-arms-folded Hyperion.

Murphy's Law:
    Anything that can go wrong WILL go wrong

Kinda like you need to bait, but Hype doesn't and just stands there arms crossed like:
    "Oh it's gonna happen"
    And then nails you to the ground with the L3

I can Intercept dashes, respond to evade (mostly), and even bait Spiders and YJ to fully Dex

What I can't do is power drain when I can't fill my special meter without first letting Hype get to 3 bars instantly before I can even get halfway to l1!

I even learned how to bait HEAVY ATTACKS without taking block damage (came in handy for the collector I'll tell you that!)

But again if I can't get to L1 or GOD FORBID L2 like many of the champs people recommend… then yeah free L3 seems cheap!

At least Mordo holds block long enough to cut him off with a heavy attack
  • CornholioCornholio Posts: 50
    Get better
    Cornholio wrote: »
    Get better

Funny I remember people upset back before v12 when others were just cutting through paths and hard content with SW and Thor

This was basically the same response "get better" when back then you could do 10 hit kills to WS in RoL with Thor and SW made EVERYONE die while she had seemingly no issue with killing anyone

Now he takes much longer to kill foes closer to his health and she has a lesser chance in most abilities and barely procs regen anymore

And then there's BW who was partially reduced to arguably below Elektra

And the less said about the good Doctor.S the better

Funny how things change most people are content with the new Thor despite his overall damage being far less but "more reliable" and SW still on top while BW still slaughters her Target Science class. The only Nerf people are still mad about is really DS and that's before those loyal to him used him although a bit differently to preserve his health better…

Even if they reduce or alter his power gains people will STILL stand by him as one of the best champs
    Mr_Otter wrote: »

- etc.

I used Hawkeye like I said MANY times in this thread and surprise surprise he didn't work

I mean, you still need to power bait. You can't just go in whacking Hyperion thinking your L1 will constantly keep him away from L3. Technically ANY champ can kill Hyperion, but the list I gave makes fighting him easier.

- etc.

I mean, you still need to power bait. You can't just go in whacking Hyperion thinking your L1 will constantly keep him away from L3. Technically ANY champ can kill Hyperion, but the list I gave makes fighting him easier.

I can power bait basically any champ… EXCEPT him and maybe Mordo

He just floats staring at you

- etc.

I can power bait basically any champ… EXCEPT him and maybe Mordo

He just floats staring at you

Ok, that's one part I can actually partially agree on: Baiting.

Baiting requires skill, and that dominates luck, but the fact still remains that luck is still a factor. I get what you mean, sometimes they are so stubborn and will not pop a special, even if the game registers that the special attack may most likely hit you.

However, I stand by my point: This is why I gave that list. So that worse come to worse, if Hyperion is being stubborn, at least you have slightly more advantage than using just any ordinary champion. Hawkeye can L1 if Hyperion were to go to special 3, buying him slightly more time to try and bait, thus increasing the chances of Hyperion popping his special.
    Can we please stop with the Nerf Threads? Lord almighty.

I've made many threads on buffing many weaker champs but HYPERION was a mistake!

That's the contradiction. In one thought you want many Champs buffed. In the same breath you want them nerfed. Some Champs are tougher to some people than others. That's what makes the game a challenge.

It's not an issue of contradiction it's a justification of Balance! A LOT of champs are nearly impossible to use seriously which dilutes the pool of champions that even get used... Hyperion meanwhile is literally the GOD of GODS

The game will never have Champs that are interchangeable 100%, and equally powerful in all areas. That's not balance. That's equilibrium. Hyperion is not insurmountable. Power Control, Nullify, Counterspell,...there are ways around it. Champs have strengths and weaknesses. It's also not reasonable to assume we will never get KO'd. We will fail sometimes. That doesn't mean there is a problem with the design. It means we need a different strategy. Making all Champs equal and interchangeable will take all interest out of the game completely.
    ... The definition of equilibrium is basically "when things are balanced"... they are synonyms dude.

That being said, Hyperion is strong and hard to deal with, more than a normal champ, but he doesn't need a nerf, perfect balance/"equilibrium" is... well, boring. Some champs will always be harder to deal with than others, always.

You know what go fight the collector if you wanna basically have a 100% MAX CHALLENGE all the time… that's a hard to deal with fight

Hyperion is just dirty
  • Bigdrail93Bigdrail93 Posts: 48
    Hyperion doesn't need the nerf. Ask for the power gain node to be removed or nerfed. AW is not that important anyway. Why nerf someone thats extremely useful in act 5 or in AQ because of AW.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    edited July 2017

My opinion is that Hyperions power gain is overpowered. However, this is a fantastic video showing how to fight him. Very helpful and useful.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Og vision works great against him
  • PlasmaKingPlasmaKing Posts: 105
    Enough already, yes on the right nodes hyperion can be difficult but that's the point. Yes you will take damage, yes you will use items but overtime you will be able to deal with him reasonably quickly. There are more than just power drain champs which deal with him but yes on certain paths you should be going in with the appropriate champs for that path. This is one of the issues with people being able to progress faster in the game than those who were here at the start, they expect they can get past every champ quickly and easily and have limited appreciation for the roster building and time spent using weaker champs and the time it can take to progress at the different challenges
    The fact that everyone defends this u godly bad designed champion mostly for Act5 reasons just shows the bias that blinds them to the issues. HE DOES NOT BAIT! Even piwer control champs are at MAJOR risk due to pushing him to L3 being extremely easy when he almost never baits. The way he's designed with his power gain being 1 of 3 most controversial OP BS things in the game along with Limbo and MD. His AI plays like he's on a defensive mode from Event quests except even Heavy attacks don't work making getting your power meter insanely hard so you can't control his power. Not to that his heavy has such a GOD AWFUL range that makes even blocking halfway across the screen a death sentence.

What if he didn't gain power while blocking?
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    Sirnoob wrote: »
    I don't understand you otter u screech for a good 2 weeks how u felt it was illegal for a champ to be changed due to a bug and how mad u were that the champ u invested in got changed yet proceed to make a thread like this one

Yeah I was furious he was BUGGED! When they finally nerf Hype I'll hope you get compensated!

So its fine for a champ u like to be changed but not when its a champ u dont like seing as u were trying to issue a legal ultamtum before u clearly hated the idea of hom being changed
    The fact that everyone defends this u godly bad designed champion mostly for Act5 reasons just shows the bias that blinds them to the issues. HE DOES NOT BAIT! Even piwer control champs are at MAJOR risk due to pushing him to L3 being extremely easy when he almost never baits. The way he's designed with his power gain being 1 of 3 most controversial OP BS things in the game along with Limbo and MD. His AI plays like he's on a defensive mode from Event quests except even Heavy attacks don't work making getting your power meter insanely hard so you can't control his power. Not to that his heavy has such a GOD AWFUL range that makes even blocking halfway across the screen a death sentence.

U litterally got a video of a guy baiting him and beating him with a 2 star yet still call others biased also just saw ur aware if they change his ai to pop more specials then that would be a nerf as all I would have to do is let him get a sp and block
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    Why not practice against fighting him more and if u truly can't handle might be time to admit to ur self ur not ready for aw r aq and stop doing it till u became a better fighter
  • vucachonvucachon Posts: 104
    3 hits… a full bar in 3 hits baiting doesn't work as 3 hits gives him a FULL BAR here if it wasn't a passive gain he'd be fine but as it's automatic this I LITERALLY BS

i placed my 5/50 sig 60 on that power gain node and he got 0 kills. How? We are tier 2 AW. His Pi had to be over 12k...
    I'll tell you how... the enemy knew what node he was facing and brought a champ with a power control skill.. MAGIK.
  • HeartlessHeartless Posts: 298 ★★

If you had any skill it wouldn't be a problem. Just because you suck at fighting him doesn't mean he needs to be nerfed. Step your game up and stop whining.
This discussion has been closed.