**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AW Offseason and the AW Burnout Issue

RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
Please reconsider your decision to start AW Season 7 in one week. I don't think I'm only speaking for my alliance when I say that people were so relieved when this season ended. The high price and stress of AW is driving many people crazy, and without a decent off season to work on other content, save some items, and just take a break, these problems will only be exacerbated .

AW fatigue is a massive issue you seem to be ignoring. I implore you to do something to change this season. Running the same season as Season 6 would be incredibly tone deaf.

If changing the off season time is impossible: try sending out a package of potions and boosts to everyone. This would help alleviate the cost of the early part of war. It may cost Kabam in the short term, but keeping people invested in AW is crucial for the game's continued success.

Comments

• RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Significantly cheaper to just buy the biweekly t5b offers than it costs to buy rainbow boosts for the season.
  • GK_23GK_23 Posts: 279 ★★★
    Agreed, @Losspik I’m in the exact same position and 1 week is not even close to being a long enough break.
  • BK_1BK_1 Posts: 145
    At least two weeks in between seasons. One week is too short.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Rewards coming in too quickly? :'(
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    ugh, just terrible.
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    Losspik wrote: »
    Im seriously debating moving to gold 1 been in platinum 3 since seasons started and frankly the rewards are not worth the effort anymore. Couldnt wait for this season to end to get a break and now its only a week?! After we only had a week break between 5 and 6 I implore you to reconsider Kabam for their sanity of the player base

hey bro come join us! whats your line name?
  • Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Posts: 445 ★★
    Absolutely agree.
  • jdyke23jdyke23 Posts: 215
    a one week down period when all this season pretty much everyone has been playing with connection issues for an entire season begging for the season to end as everyone was just eating through resources because of lag, games freezing mid combo, disconnected mid fights to come back to a defender at full health and you’ve lost 50% health and a bonus. to then reach the end of a good season for the allaince but too costly to then be told we are getting a week before season 7 and no issues have been resolved and low and behold .... 3 hours after one arena and the servers are down.... change the period and try and address the issues and make things actually fair for the player not having to wait at a frozen game for the AI to basically make me throw level 4 potions at our champs and have them go to waste when we get disconnected. rant over
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    Did they already confirm the one week break some where? I can only find people complaining about it but not Kabam saying that it wont be longer
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    You do realize the seasons were 2 months long with the 2 week cooldown period originally, right?

I understand wanting the break, and understand the burnout (pretty sure everyone secretly is done with aw) what I am wondering is what could be done to allow for loyalty collecting that doesn’t force seasons down everyone’s throat.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    RogerRabs wrote: »
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Uppercut wrote: »
    One week break is ridiculous
    So right! Should be zero, rewards can’t come fast enough. Too bad a small percentage of players are attempting to hold everyone else up because they choose to play at a level where they need to build resources in excess of the seasons length.

We get it, you're an amazing player who never makes mistakes.

I hope you enjoy always bringing a negative attitude and trying to belittle people while hiding behind an anonymous internet account.
    I die plenty and haven't claimed otherwise. What I do do is manage my resources and time theb play at a level that doesn’t lead to the experiences a small percentage of players choose to play under then come to the forums and complain I’m playing the game to hard and Kabam needs to adjust the game to suit me at the expense of everything/everyone else.

I wouldn’t have to contradict (“be negative”) with parody and sarcasm if people’s complaints weren’t laced with so much hyperbole.

Projecting much?
  • bpunk88bpunk88 Posts: 184 ★★★
    The very nature of "Seasons" entails an "off-season", without its just rotating content.

Regardless, the current setup of AW with 1 week between isn't sustainable for many. We have a couple guys stepping out for personal matters (moving, life events, etc) and some old members returning, but very little time for changes to settle. Recruiting is a painful process and extremely time consuming for officers/leaders, not worth the hassle on top of other responsibilities.

Previously I voiced many concerns around War Seasons, balance and burnout.. which were "noted" but likely forgotten.

Highly competitive war seasons have destroyed many good aspects that alliances were built around. Full 30/30 participation, day on/day off, means if someone needs to take a few days off their only option IS to leave. Combine that with the "system gaming", matchmaking issues, resource use, and increasing amounts of time limited content to see there is just too much to balance in-game.

I highly doubt there are that many new players starting that Kabam would be okay churning long-time players, but that's what I've seen happening the past few months.
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Should be obvious by now that kabam doesn’t see seasons as literal seasons anymore. Their goal is to just make it like AQ.

They’re lying when they say we’ll get 2 weeks back. We will never get 2 weeks back.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Aw rewards are mediocre at best so why not take a season off if that's what the alliance needs. All these complaints about needing a break but nobody is forcing alliances to push for high rewards every season. If you are spending to stay in upper tiers you are probably playing above your skill and ability