**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hacker wins 4* Vulture Arena (New Player Bracket)

Hi All,

Created a new account a little while back. First time I have competed in the featured arena in the New Player bracket - its pretty hard to put together teams of 4 star characters in your first 30 days to compete.

I'm not saying I would have made the top 50 to win him, but I did spend over 500 units, and i'm assuming that the majority of players with accounts under 30 days old would have spend units as well to score over 1 million points (FYI - top 50 cutoff for Miles Morris featured was 750K roughly).

At the top of the leader-board is this:

34klbmsr7s9h.png
h1l65j8i6xct.png

Im not sure how many of the top 50 have used hacks - I have searched some of the top 20, and most look legit (although a couple have multiple 5 star characters already - which is possible I guess?). But there are a lot of players I cant search due to characters they have used in their name.

I know there is no remedy for this, but it is screwing up legit players.

Comments

• Options
    BenmlaaBenmlaa Posts: 42
    So annoying. I know there will always be people using these hacks however it really makes it hard for legit players to be bothered to put the effort in on the arena. I haven't got the best roster I'm still improving. I can grind out about 3 mil And that's playing pretty much as much as I can with work and stuff. Really annoying to see people getting rewards they don't deserve.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,171 ★★★★★
    Benmlaa wrote: »
    So annoying. I know there will always be people using these hacks however it really makes it hard for legit players to be bothered to put the effort in on the arena. I haven't got the best roster I'm still improving. I can grind out about 3 mil And that's playing pretty much as much as I can with work and stuff. Really annoying to see people getting rewards they don't deserve.
    it sad Yea But Pliz. Rise a ticket to suport instand of Call Them out one forums. It aginges furums roles. And this thers wil also get clouse.

• Options
    IvankaIvanka Posts: 236
    I've looked through the leaderboards. They are full of cheaters. It's bad and getting worse. First Spider-man arena the cutoff was 800k. 2nd the cutoff was a million. First vulture arena I think cutoff is about 1.5 million. The cheaters are multiplying. I've reported about 100 of them. 90% remain active. Kabam has told me that they will do absolutely nothing to compensate honest paying players who were cheated out of rewards. This sends a very strong message to new players: don't spend a dime on this game because Kabam doesn't care about the integrity of its own product. If you want to get ahead, rather than spend money, it seems like it's better to just cheat. This is the message that Kabam is currently sending, unfortunately.

I reported the account you posted days ago when it won the Miles Morales arena. Along with 30 other accounts from the top 50 who were all obvious cheaters. Some are difficult to track down because the names are in Russian or Chinese characters so hard to search up. Kabam didn't even respond to my e-mail.
  • Options
    BenmlaaBenmlaa Posts: 42
    I have reported a few myself and you get the impression right away from the reply that no action will be taking. I'm great full for the recent clamp down with the banning of players who are using mods but there is still a ridiculous amount of players using them.
  • Options
    EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    They just banned a bunch who cheated so they just started new accounts and will probably pollute the beginner and intermediate bracket for a while. The fact legitimate players aren't rembursed in war and arena when they get shortchanged is bogus too. Kabam is too lazy to take care of the clean players they just ban hammer (maybe) and move on.
  • Options
    wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★
    I have reported a few myself and you get the impression right away from the reply that no action will be taking. I'm great full for the recent clamp down with the banning of players who are using mods but there is still a ridiculous amount of players using them.

Sad thing is it won't stop. Kabam can only ban so many of them before they make new accounts to cheat again.
  • Options
    Never got anything when I was playing for 3* vulture and I got over 1,700,000 points, didn't get any rewards
  • Options
    Kabam really needs to do one of two things.

Either aggressively go through all the featured champion arena leaderboards from the past month, particularly in beginner bracket, and disqualify any suspicious accounts (this is at least 60% of all accounts in the top 50. I've looked). Then give rewards to those who were cheated.

Or.. just give rewards to the top 100 or 200 players from these arenas for the past month until the cheating issue can be taken care of. Because the problem really is that bad.

This game is made profitable by new players coming in and seeing that they can gain an advantage by spending money. If the first message that these players learn is that, no, actually you can't because Kabam is going to give your rewards to hackers... then... do you really think those players will continue spending? Can this game then survive? I think not.
  • Options
    wray1976 wrote: »

Sad thing is it won't stop. Kabam can only ban so many of them before they make new accounts to cheat again.

I've reported no less than 100 of these cheaters and Kabam has only banned a fraction of them. Some of them I reported weeks ago and they are still active today. I think they got sick of hearing from me because they stopped responding to my e-mails.
  • Options
    Never got anything when I was playing for 3* vulture and I got over 1,700,000 points, didn't get any rewards

That's definitely more than enough for 3* Vulture, mate. Don't worry. There's likely just a delay in calculating rewards.
  • Options
    I didn't get an award in the 3* arena either, though my score was over a million. Even if you aren't top 50, you should get something.
  • Options
    OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    I am more upset that these accounts have that 5* Ultron also which I bel8eve was limited to the first 100 people to fully explore lol. I am not even trying to 100% LOL because of this. What is the point now? Not gonna spend all that money when half of the rare, limited rewards have already been claimed for free by the cheaters. Those limited release champs should be going back into the pool when cheaters get caught and banned, but I am pretty sure they are not.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Ultron is a reward for anyone who fully explores LOL
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Send in a ticket. Don't call out players directly

Why not? The guy clearly cheated. That throws off the whole arena system. Public shaming is a great idea. Kabam support is horrible.

Why not is because it is against the forum rules, and you can be disciplined for repeatedly doing it.

• Options
    ForlornForlorn Posts: 13
    Just to be clear,

This wasn't about calling out this one player. This is about hackers destroying the arena.

Less than a week after hackers were banned, and Kabam's Email, I thought it would be worthwhile to drop a lot of units in the new player bracket to get Vulture - Why not.... all the hackers just got banned, and the pool is much smaller right?

I'm rightfully annoyed because I spent units (and money) and have been disadvantaged because these bans that were given out missed a lot of obvious cheaters. Raising a ticket to Kabam has not gotten some of these guys banned.
  • Options
    NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 ★★★
    And there is the lack of response by those who monitor these forums.
  • Options
    RaversRavers Posts: 9
    hi,
    I understand too, i reported, but it's not my job because i can't lose my time for each player. Kabam can you check the top 50? please...
    30th day for my account today and 11 4 star characters, 0 5 star
    hetvqmgyeaa9.png
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    edited July 2017
    Forlorn wrote: »
    Just to be clear,

This wasn't about calling out this one player. This is about hackers destroying the arena.

Less than a week after hackers were banned, and Kabam's Email, I thought it would be worthwhile to drop a lot of units in the new player bracket to get Vulture - Why not.... all the hackers just got banned, and the pool is much smaller right?

I'm rightfully annoyed because I spent units (and money) and have been disadvantaged because these bans that were given out missed a lot of obvious cheaters. Raising a ticket to Kabam has not gotten some of these guys banned.

If you post someone's identity, it becomes calling them out, and it's against the rules. I understand your frustration. I feel the same way about cheating. However, there is a process that we need to go through to Report. Also, it's worth noting that investigation is an ongoing process, and they can't possibly ban every hacker in one swoop. It takes time.
  • Options
    Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Call them all out.
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    How **** hard is it to take 30 sec to check an account when it clears LOL or ROL?
  • Options
    New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    I have a suggestion, don't play the arenas and let all the hackers in there. Only then will Kabam realize and do something about it if it's only hackers there.
  • Options
    Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    I believe we will see another round of bans for arenas. LOL was the main one they were searching for this time. Now that this has been brought to public attention they should identify and fix. It isn't an overnight task though so it will take time.
  • Options
    Ja55Ja55 Posts: 155
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    I believe we will see another round of bans for arenas. LOL was the main one they were searching for this time. Now that this has been brought to public attention they should identify and fix. It isn't an overnight task though so it will take time.

The guy he is talking about already cleared lol 100%. That is where you get that ultron.
  • Options
    New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Draco2199 wrote: »

What are you talking about. If LOL was the main one they were searching for, they didn't ban this guy. He won LOL because he has that ultron..lol..so you don't know what you are talking about.

• Options
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Send in a ticket. Don't call out players directly

Why not? The guy clearly cheated. That throws off the whole arena system. Public shaming is a great idea. Kabam support is horrible.

Why not is because it is against the forum rules, and you can be disciplined for repeatedly doing it.

Please don't slap my hand. Get real with that nonsense.
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    If it incredibly clear Call them out! May not be TOS approved but it's for the right reason.
  • Options
    NikoBravo wrote: »
    And there is the lack of response by those who monitor these forums.

That's a common theme though nothing out of the ordinary.