**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Base Rate

Does is really matter? I see people with a base rate off 300k but only have duped 4* rank 5s as there top champions, ive got 5* rank 4 hyperion duped, 5* rank 4 killmonger, 5* rank 3 modok duped, 5* rank 3 iceman and many more 5* champs and countless 4* rank 5 champions and my base rating is 155k,

Comments

• CoBfan1987CoBfan1987 Posts: 231
    You are selling champs, they aren't.
  • DonkillaDonkilla Posts: 161
    I have around 210 champions
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    Ignoring the debate about whether it is better to rank/sell vs duping for shard income, I never understood why a game about collecting champs allowed them to be sold.

But yeah, stop selling your champs if you want to raise your rating.
    I dont sell champions ive only played mcoc for around 7 8 months
    I can currently rank 4 another 5* champion yet someone with 300k rating can even rank 4 1!
    Im thinking either iceman rank 4 or angela, i have a duped 4* rank 5 iceman maxed sig, but im waiting on a mystic to rank 4 something which is missing
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    dkatryl wrote: »
    Ignoring the debate about whether it is better to rank/sell vs duping for shard income, I never understood why a game about collecting champs allowed them to be sold.

Because while games generally are designed with certain playstyles and reward systems in mind, they often allow for unconventional play for players who want to pursue unconventional play. If everyone played free to play religiously, the game would shut down so that cannot happen. But that doesn't mean the game doesn't tolerate, or even appreciate, free to play players like Brian Grant, say. Having a diversity of players with different approaches is good for the overall ecosystem of players.

Unless you really know what you are doing, religiously pursuing an unconventional playstyle can hurt your progress: the game makes no guarantees it will support every playstyle through its reward system. But it can accommodate them, like players that decide not to collect every single version of every champ and sell the ones they don't want to help them get the ones they do want. I don't recommend doing that, but I support players' right to do it if they want. Just don't cry about it if it turns out the game rewards collectors more than non-collectors.
    Ive got over 1200 iso's, thats not a problem, i once sold around 8 rank 4 champions along time ago so i could get my first 5* mistake learnt, but question is why are so many people struggling to rank 4 a champ yet i have two rank 4 5* and can rank 4 another but choosing to wait on a supee god tier