**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Android User Neglection

Savage_Savage_ Posts: 64
edited January 2019 in General Discussion
As an Android user who has no interest in the newer IPhones I am very dissapointed with how Kabam handled this situation today. Us android users have to suffer worse graphics and slower loading times so to top that with what happened today is very shameful. We have to wait a month to get our 5 star or 4 star shards along with our signature stones and what comes out of whatever element crystals we choose while the Iphone users with a stronger wallet get their benefits and enjoyment earlier. At this point it feels like Kabam cares little about us and favors the big money company Apple. Anyone else sympathize or even empathize?

Comments

• NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    This isn't the first time Android users got the short end of the stick, and as history has shown, it will also not be the last ...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Isn't everyone locked out?
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    Neglection. I learned a new word...from the 1590s.
  • Tarzan041Tarzan041 Posts: 203 ★★
    We also had to deal with Laghawk, it never did get fixed.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

No. IOS users can run the quest. I did all difficulties. Need to get access to an android device now so I can run it again later lol. Joking as I'm too lazy to actually do that but others will.
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Savage_ wrote: »
    As an Android user who has no interest in the newer IPhones I am very dissapointed with how Kabam handled this situation today. Us android users have to suffer worse graphics and slower loading times so to top that with what happened today is very shameful. We have to wait a month to get our 5 star or 4 star shards along with our signature stones and what comes out of whatever element crystals we choose while the Iphone users with a stronger wallet get their benefits and enjoyment earlier. At this point it feels like Kabam cares little about us and favors the big money company Apple. Anyone else sympathize or even empathize?

Lol do u even know how app updates work before u come here and start pointing fingers...it's not kabam's fault that Google didn't push the update in time..yes the version limitation for the trial of the Alchemist is wrong coding but not the fact that the update wasn't pushed in time by google
  • Lambda1Lambda1 Posts: 200 ★★
    SidDDragon wrote: »
    Lol do u even know how app updates work before u come here and start pointing fingers...it's not kabam's fault that Google didn't push the update in time..yes the version limitation for the trial of the Alchemist is wrong coding but not the fact that the update wasn't pushed in time by google

Let's forget a second about Apple or Google : When was the last update (no matter on which OS) with no problem? I personnally can't remember.
  • Kabam should rather optimize the performance of the game on Android. I am using a OnePlus 5T which is a relatively fast phone. I got an iPad Pro 11 some weeks ago and the difference is unbelivable. It feels like MCoC is running on my Android divice with 30 fps while it is running with 60 fps on the iPad.
    I did need some time to adjust to the faster gameplay and now I do have problems with playing on Android. It's not just the loading times but the whole game runs faster on iOS :/
  • godsquad891godsquad891 Posts: 779 ★★
    I think they should of just given full rewards or up to the difficulty people have been doing in the trials and everyone can move on together
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    The issue with waiting to see if the update comes out is that there's something called time zones, which make it hard for some people if the update is released at 2am and the trial ends at 5am.

Also, if I use an Apple device and an Android device, but I'd prefer not to run the trials on the Apple device (and I haven't), how does that work? Do I still get the trials later on Android?
  • GAMINGMONKGAMINGMONK Posts: 1
    Well its true both of the users have problems but the trails of the alchemist problem just sucks for us android users and the loading times and all can be endured
  • Savage_Savage_ Posts: 64
    edited January 2019
    Okay some of you misunderstood what I was saying. I was trying to imply that it was unfair that Kabam delayed the entire trial event as a whole for Android users until next month supposedly so shared my thoughts on that. Nowhere did I say Kabam is awful for the update issues. Somethings they cannot control
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    Okay some of you misunderstood what I was saying. I was trying to imply that it was unfair that Kabam delayed this event for Android users until next month supposedly so shared my thoughts on that. Nowhere did I say Kabam is awful for the update issues. Somethings they cannot control

Kabam had no ide when the update was finally going to drop for Android users. It could have been early enough for people to download and get in thr Trials, but why take the chance? Even missing a couple hours can mess it up for some people who are in different time zones. Better that they postpone it for all Android users than cause some of the people to possibly miss it.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,956 ★★★★★
    What a shame that IPhone users feel no remorse for what Kabam is doing right now. Have fun with your trials for a month then I guess if it is going that way

@Savage_ it's incredible how uninformed you are. They only locked YESTERDAY'S 7th day trial. The new one after the reset will be available to everyone. We will get our make up trial on Feb 6th. Please do some actual reading before posting. You are just embarrassing yourself.

No. IOS users can run the quest. I did all difficulties. Need to get access to an android device now so I can run it again later lol. Joking as I'm too lazy to actually do that but others will.

They said they were locking Apple Users out to prevent double dips. Could be for the redo on February.
    Nevermind. Locking it to iOS only. That's not a solution at all, actually. Apple runs it, Android waits a month.
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    I honestly feel for the Android users. I use to be one. However the lag on Android with the game made me switch to an iPAD and iPhone.

I still have an Android tablet, but seldom use it for game play. This update issue makes me glad I have options (though many do not).
  • Drew462Drew462 Posts: 28
    for god's sack, they aren't neglecting andriod users, its often usual for game developers to run into trouble with their receiving end of the update store.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    Nevermind. Locking it to iOS only. That's not a solution at all, actually. Apple runs it, Android waits a month.

actually it is a solution.
    due to the fact the the majority of iOS users would have already had it done it would have been no different if they had of locked it for everyone who hadnt done it.
    as far as running it in a month pretty much makes sense to me.
    for one simple reason.
    game update cycle.
    for them to run it side by side with the normal one tommorrow probably couldnt be done without yet another update. it would most likely require coding client side to allow for day 7 and day 1 to appear at the same time. and could potentially cause issues with entries.
    so it will have been pushed to the end as this could be a simple server side push.
This discussion has been closed.