**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

New champs in wrong class.

NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
Ok, I may be wrong, but, Diablo shouldn't be Mystic, but, Science. It's alchemy and alchemy is science. The only reason he should be related to mystic, is that, he've made a pact with Mephisto to become immortal.

The thing as been transfomed by COSMIC radiations.

'nuff said.

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,636 ★★★★★
    I don't know. Alchemy was part mystic part science and we need new mystic champs. Agree on The Thing though.
  • RafikiiRafikii Posts: 239
    the thing should totally be cosmic

diablo, making a pact with mephisto, makes him mystic who uses science in my eyes
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    But maybe he’s an scientist class? If we look at the first FF4 movie how the ship got all exploded by that item technology
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    m9vgyuam0gcc.png
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    SidDDragon wrote: »
    Read the champion Spotlight..the thing being science is explained in there...he transformed due to radiations which is equivalent to hulk or spidey transformation...that's why he is science...

Not sure why that's so hars for people to grasp.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,042 ★★★★★
    ẞlооd wrote: »
    m9vgyuam0gcc.png

then quake should be cosmic as inhuman
  • Then what about Korg and Thor (Ragnarök). Both are talent but also alien lifeforms. But... does it really matter?
  • DemitriMDemitriM Posts: 303 ★★
    Ok, I may be wrong, but, Diablo shouldn't be Mystic, but, Science. It's alchemy and alchemy is science. The only reason he should be related to mystic, is that, he've made a pact with Mephisto to become immortal.

The thing as been transfomed by COSMIC radiations.

'nuff said.

alchemy is not science...chemistry is science
    alchemy involves mysticism and religion...The VERY two things that will never ever ever ever can be a part of anything related to science

'Nuff said
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,042 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    Aleor wrote: »
    m9vgyuam0gcc.png

She had her powers awakened, instead of being born into them. Think that's probably what makes the difference, although I think that's a better argument than The Thing being Cosmic.

according to inhuman tv series, they have their powers awakened as well with terrigenesis or smth like that. and is according to agents of shield series all inhumans were created by krees messing with human genom. not 100% sure if comics origins are the same, but that's what I'd expect
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    You guys are acting dumb.
    The Thing should be science, not cosmic.
    Originally, he and the other Fantastic Four members were SCIENTSTS on earth who went to SPACE, but got mutated and got powers. They do not originate from Space or another planet other than earth. I understand that something in space mutated him, but they got to space with science, math, etc
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Originally, he and the other Fantastic Four members were SCIENTSTS on earth who went to SPACE, but got mutated and got powers. They do not originate from Space or another planet other than earth. I understand that something in space mutated him, but they got to space with science, math, etc

Their powers came from space radiation which make one assume that they'd be cosmic. But Kabam confirmed that Marvel themselves said he'd be science so there's no arguing now
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,751 ★★★★★
    Quake's current backstory in the comics (afaik) is that her father's serum in his DNA and her mother's Inhuman DNA mixed and gave Daisy her powers. so, she's a result of Mr Hyde's science meddling.
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★

I don't really care what class champs are, but by this logic then Captain Marvel has no reason to be cosmic, right? She's as much cosmic as any of the F4.
    m9vgyuam0gcc.png

She had her powers awakened, instead of being born into them. Think that's probably what makes the difference, although I think that's a better argument than The Thing being Cosmic.

according to inhuman tv series, they have their powers awakened as well with terrigenesis or smth like that. and is according to agents of shield series all inhumans were created by krees messing with human genom. not 100% sure if comics origins are the same, but that's what I'd expect

I don't really care what class champs are, but by this logic then Captain Marvel has no reason to be cosmic, right? She's as much cosmic as any of the F4.

To me I think the distinction is if it's Earth-based science (SpiderMan, FF, AntMan) or Alien science (Inhumans and Captain Marvel)
    Why is Thor (Ragnorok) Skill? The classic one is cosmic
    Why is Thor (Ragnorok) Skill? The classic one is cosmic

It's a good one. Maybe because he is acting more as a Gladiator and doesn't have Mjolnir?
    @Sabrefencer Yeah I guess, but he still has his powers. Oh well. It dosnt really matter that much
    @Sabrefencer Yeah I guess, but he still has his powers. Oh well. It dosnt really matter that much

@XxLoganTDCxX agree. There's rationale behind all their decisions, even if we don't agree. Could have just been they needed to introduce a new Skill champ because they had plans for new Cosmic already.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

@XxLoganTDCxX agree. There's rationale behind all their decisions, even if we don't agree. Could have just been they needed to introduce a new Skill champ because they had plans for new Cosmic already.

The reasoning was that Thor lost his powers due to Mjolnir being destroyed. Thor then had to battle his way through the arena virtually without the use of his powers. Since Thor relied more on his melee skills without his thunder and lightning, this is why he was classified as skill.

Of course that isn’t true. Thor had his powers all along as illustrated at the end of his battle with Gulk and Odin’s oh so comical line “Are you the God of Hammers?” But nonetheless he was more of a brawler during this timeframe than God of Thunder as we are all familiar with.
  • V1PER1987 wrote: »

The reasoning was that Thor lost his powers due to Mjolnir being destroyed. Thor then had to battle his way through the arena virtually without the use of his powers. Since Thor relied more on his melee skills without his thunder and lightning, this is why he was classified as skill.

Of course that isn’t true. Thor had his powers all along as illustrated at the end of his battle with Gulk and Odin’s oh so comical line “Are you the God of Hammers?” But nonetheless he was more of a brawler during this timeframe than God of Thunder as we are all familiar with.

With or without his powers, he still remains an alien

That is Part of the definition by kabam to get a classification as cosmic.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Why does it matter? Just balance the classes.
  • OshsroOshsro Posts: 115
    I think we need more that has 2 class
  • OshsroOshsro Posts: 115
    Only Karnak is 2 class
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Science class needs more
  • Oshsro wrote: »
    Only Karnak is 2 class

He needs some cosmic catalyst but he is technicaly still just in one class.