**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The debate. Who’s better Void or CapIW

AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
My opinion is CAP. Dude has more utility,more Tanky and can reverse healing like void. Please vote and leave your opinion! CapIW has won me over. Love the both of them so not hating on either.

The debate. Who’s better Void or CapIW 214 votes

Void
51%
DNA3000GroundedWisdomTacoScottyGamerBigPoppaCBONERagamugginGunnerdanielmathShrimkinsRawInstinctsamalasravanBendyAntony687LoPrestiZENSmokinSurfermilomikeI_ZERO_IMhykkeFinalflash8INTEGRAL 111 votes
Captain America Infinity War
48%
SnakeEyes69Jkw634Mr_PlatypusDrOctavius2_2Willjackson16Hulk_77FreakydCapWW2gatra_hpKDoggg2017DragonfeiPcc880xenu12TerraMagrailothosStar_Lord_StfckrSUBHnameplasGNASTY 103 votes

Comments

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    Cap is far easier and faster to use. However his debuffs wear off a lot faster. I mostly play arena and EQ; but I have a feeling that in longer fights, Void will really shine in those fights a heavy-hitter struggles in. Like Rhulk in this month's EQ.

However, having just taken down Uncollected Kang with a single hit (SP2 obviously) from my 4* CAIW, I'm feeling the love for him right now.
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    I actually just watched Seatin take out that Rhulk with a 2* Cap which inspired this poll
  • DrAwkwardPhDDrAwkwardPhD Posts: 234 ★★
    Void
    Both are so good it’s hard to determine which is better. Cap (especially awakened) is better for short bursty fights. Void is the answer for a lot of longer fights.

Similar to the Proxima/Corvus comparisons. Both are extremely useful, but 1 is clearly better than the other depending on the situation.
    Both are so good it’s hard to determine which is better. Cap (especially awakened) is better for short bursty fights. Void is the answer for a lot of longer fights.

Similar to the Proxima/Corvus comparisons. Both are extremely useful, but 1 is clearly better than the other depending on the situation.

See I don’t think so,CaIW is still great in long fights as well. His Sp2 damage is on point
    Void is easier to use on long fights tho.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    This really isn't a debate. CapIW isn't the best at anything.

Ok if you call one of the very few champs with 0 damage block and massive L2/L3 damage not the best, then yeah I guess not.
  • scxoxoscxoxo Posts: 109
    Cap is far easier and faster to use. However his debuffs wear off a lot faster. I mostly play arena and EQ; but I have a feeling that in longer fights, Void will really shine in those fights a heavy-hitter struggles in. Like Rhulk in this month's EQ.

However, having just taken down Uncollected Kang with a single hit (SP2 obviously) from my 4* CAIW, I'm feeling the love for him right now.

ok man i need to get me a 4/5* caiw i can only play around with my 3* (who still has better sp2 damage when he crits than some of my 4*s)

to be honest though i have void as a 4/40 awakened i’m not feeling him yet since i don’t really have long fights, though he is pretty awesome, but i’m loving my 3* caiw and would be hyped to get him as a 4* at least

Void has better power/heal reversal. Corvus and Ghost have better SP2 damage.

I have CapIW at r5 and barely use him (thanks rank up gem) because he's good but not the best.

Cap is the best at nullifying Unstoppable.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    You cant really ask if One champ is better than another champ. Each champ has there own abilities and uses.
    Void can reverse healing and do high damage
    CAIW can nullify stuff, has high block proficiency, and good damage
  • Captain America Infinity War
    You cant really ask if One champ is better than another champ. Each champ has there own abilities and uses.
    Void can reverse healing and do high damage
    CAIW can nullify stuff, has high block proficiency, and good damage

Honestly not trying to be a smart***, but that’s why it’s a debate asking for opinions.
  • Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 283 ★★
    Also note that duped with a cosmic cap can armor break. Becoming big hear days. He can also negate bleed converting a kinetic charge. So fight a ms parry heavy she bleeds you it converts still do good damage.
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    Void
    I need void so bad
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,202 ★★★★
    I only have Void as a 3*. I'm sure he's as amazing as he looks when BG and Lagacy play him.
    But my 4/55 Cap works everywhere I take him. And his awakened sig is so underrated. Just his tech synergy adds so much to Vision's power control and gives Ghost an added advantage.
    IW Cap may only be tops in block proficiency, but he's top 10 in about a dozen other categories. He truly is a utility god with sustainability, and high damage output. He truly is unique among all of the champions
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    I have a 6* CAIW, unduped. I have a r3 5* Void, sig 85, will be r4 in roughly a month. They are both awesome in different ways. Void melted UC Rulk. CAIW was like Unstoppable lolwut? with UC Diablo.

I also have a r4 5* OG sig ~120 Vision on my main quest team for the double immunity/power control, which has synergy with both CAIW and Void, so CAIW has 15% extra attack power, and Void has the instant FotV vs Avengers.

They are both very awesome, and made me retire my r4 5* LC, who is also awesome.
  • Ultimatesaber32Ultimatesaber32 Posts: 742 ★★

Amazingly true
  • DrAwkwardPhDDrAwkwardPhD Posts: 234 ★★
    Void
    Ahitlaw wrote: »

See I don’t think so,CaIW is still great in long fights as well. His Sp2 damage is on point

No doubt. I’m not saying Cap isn’t useful in those longer fights, but I have both as 5* champs, and I will always choose Void in the matchups that I know are going to take a bit more time. Especially if your dealing with Buffet, Masochism, or a node of that nature. Cap is by no means a second option to anybody else in the game, though.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Void
    I think void gets the edge simply because he doesn't need synergies or teamates to be good.
    I am loving that a lot of people are voting cap,honestly didn’t think there was gonna be a science champ that could rival void anytime soon. Loving your opinions as well. Sounds like they are pretty even.
    I’m curious. Does Seatin,Brian, That crazy cow fella ever read these forums? Would LOVE their input on this.
  • MaximumCrashMaximumCrash Posts: 111
    I just pulled a 5 star CapIW. I have a 5 star science awakening gem that I was saving for void, but who knows when that will be. Is he good enough to use the gem on?
    I just pulled a 5 star CapIW. I have a 5 star science awakening gem that I was saving for void, but who knows when that will be. Is he good enough to use the gem on?

A million times,yes. Pump as many sig stones as you can into him as well. I still feel like he’s if not better than void then he’s more useful for sure.

It’s all subjective but I would say so as I used mine on him on my alt account. He’s at 5/65 right now tearing it up.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,131 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    Void
    I say void as like someone mentioned doesn't need synergy to have utility for applying weakness or petrify unlike void he gets it already void if awakened his fear of void he can pack a punch especially with sp2 crits plus the degen damage it calculates to be very on top of most damage champs as of the degen he does and also he is the king for regen both has uses though but void to me is more better than cap even though played both I still think void comes out on top
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Void
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Gamer wrote: »
    Void is stil better dont need dups for the revser wher cap need dups

I disagree. I think it’s the opposite. Void really only shines with a dupe whereas CAIW doesn’t really need it to be top tier.

Also I feel like Void is really only useful if there’s regen or power gain in the mix making him much more niche. CAIW can take on anyone and excel.

I find Void useful in other situations. For example, if you're fighting something like IMIW that is easy to fight initially but becomes dangerous towards the end of the fight Void's debuffs can make those fights a lot easier. Or say you're fighting MODOK with explosive personality. That's tricky in general because it is dangerous to hit into an autoblocking champ with the EP buff, but Void can simply use heavies to keep pushing the target back and not even really worry about delivering significant damage, while the debuffs kill the target without having to risk attacking much. I even used my Void to clear the full thorns path in the last monthly, simply because I could hit into block for distance (and no thorns damage) while the debuffs killed the target without having to eat significant amounts of thorn reflected damage.

It is a little difficult to explain, but I see most champions as having strong areas and weak areas that are relatively simple. A champ might be good in all of the situations around here, and bad in all of the situations over there. But Void seems to be very useful in a lot of scattered dots of strength all over the map but not in as many broad strokes of continuous situations like most other champs (heal reversal being one of the few "broad strokes" areas Void excels at). I think if you could pile up all those dots into one single pile, Void's overall strength would be more obvious. But because it is scattered around in smaller specks, he's seen as a more niche champ by many. But the sheer number of niches I've found uses for him continue to surprise me.
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    Void
    Its very close. Void wins it foe me as he doesnt require the large number of synergies. Both amazing.
  • RawInstinctRawInstinct Posts: 61
    Void
    Void for me as well I hate building teams around synergies absolutely detest having a team dictated to me.