**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

NC making the war not fun

I know, I'm a cry baby.

I have been in wars where my path had 4 NC + the NC boss. And Beat them all without dying. I've also been in wars where the first NC kills all 3 of my champs. It's stupid that it all comes down to chance....not skil, but chance. War after war, NC NC NC NC NC NC!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh...

Sorry, just had to vent. I know people are fine with him being all over a war map and being a boss by several alliances. And I just need to stop crying...right?

Comments

• Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    It comes down to skill, no luck. You just need to practice more. Also, he'll be gone soon. You don't see many NC in tier 1 or even in tier 2 anymore.
    Takes a bit of luck, he could evade in the middle of blocking hits, also I still see a good amount of NC's in T2.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Still see him a lot on left side of map, rarely on right, in tiers 4-2. And he really can be a pain if his evade triggers and interrupts switch a lot. When he actually tries switching rather than mindless attacking.
  • Amonthir wrote: »
    Still see him a lot on left side of map, rarely on right, in tiers 4-2. And he really can be a pain if his evade triggers and interrupts switch a lot. When he actually tries switching rather than mindless attacking.

Exactly right...he is still a favorite among those tiers. Remember when Spidey and Ultron were all you had to worry about on stun immune nodes?
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    just wait until he hits 5* crystals
  • Primmer79 wrote: »
    just wait until he hits 5* crystals

Very true. I'd kill for a war with Ultron and Spider-man on the important nodes like the old days.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    edited July 2017
    Thebgj01 wrote: »
    I know, I'm a cry baby.

I have been in wars where my path had 4 NC + the NC boss. And Beat them all without dying. I've also been in wars where the first NC kills all 3 of my champs. It's stupid that it all comes down to chance....not skil, but chance. War after war, NC NC NC NC NC NC!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh...

Sorry, just had to vent. I know people are fine with him being all over a war map and being a boss by several alliances. And I just need to stop crying...right?

People have learned to fight him fairly easily now. Eventually you will as well. In about 10 seconds or less at the start of the fight you can get him to switch to swashbuckling and not have to worry about the evade anymore. Also, champs like Iceman pretty much just roll through those AW lanes where people like to place NC. I find Spiderman to be the toughest evade champ.
    NC also isn't a good boss choice
  • Ja55Ja55 Posts: 155
    I would prefer to fight nc instead of any other champ that evades. You can use any champ vs nc even if he is stun immune. Simply turn evade off.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Last war I was in I saw (in order): BPCW, UC, Juggy, UC, UC, Magik.

Got my backside whooped.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    NC is much easier than 5/5 MD rank 4 5* juggs, mordo, magik, and dormamu. I like seeing nc in aw lol
    It comes down to skill, no luck. You just need to practice more. Also, he'll be gone soon. You don't see many NC in tier 1 or even in tier 2 anymore.
    Takes a bit of luck, he could evade in the middle of blocking hits, also I still see a good amount of NC's in T2.

Doesn't take luck at all. Space out your hits and block the moment he evades. No luck involved.

Takes luck (him not rolling evade on your slow strikes) to get timer to finish, not talking about dying to the evade.
    Amonthir wrote: »

Doesn't take luck at all. Space out your hits and block the moment he evades. No luck involved.

Takes luck (him not rolling evade on your slow strikes) to get timer to finish, not talking about dying to the evade.
    It does not take luck at all. It takes timing. At the start of the fight just block or evade him until he starts to dash back. As soon as he holds down his block dash forward at the right time and pound on his block and he will switch to swashbuckling. Being as I, and others in the post, obviously do it often than its safe to say its not luck when you know what you're doing. If you DONT know what you're doing than I guess it would take luck.
  • wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Posts: 366 ★★
    Oh look, another cry post.
  • JayimageJayimage Posts: 94
    Patience is key. Skill is needed not luck. just practice fighting NC all the possibly ways you can think of. Not giving away my tip on how to beat him so easily but i never even have to switch his stance he's an easy fight and just like someone mentioned already you don't see so many in tier 1. when you have to fight a path full of juggs and magiks nd even Dormammu then you'll see NC is easy
  • Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    Thebgj01 wrote: »
    I know, I'm a cry baby.

Do you have smokey monkey..lol NC , if u have do you use ...him in war ...

edited July 2017

But he has a chance to evade, so it does take some luck, like I said, it's not garunteed the first time, he could spend an entire half of the fight trying to do this.

I'm not saying it's all luck no skill, but there is an aspect of luck to it, you can't deny that.
  • SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556
    Switch him to swashbuckling mode.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    SummonerB2 wrote: »
    Switch him to swashbuckling mode.

Thank you, I would have never come to that conclusion by reading all of the posts above yours.
    edited July 2017

But he has a chance to evade, so it does take some luck, like I said, it's not garunteed the first time, he could spend an entire half of the fight trying to do this.

I'm not saying it's all luck no skill, but there is an aspect of luck to it, you can't deny that.

Yes, I can. No luck involved. He has terrible armor, so it doesn't matter at all if it takes half the fight to switch him, you'll still take him down in 30 seconds after you do. Like I said, play it slow and watch out for evades. All skill, no luck, easy game.
    What if he evades every time he's about to switch? He can, cause it's chance, luck. He could spend the entire fight like this, he can also evade every single hit, cause that's chance.

I'm not saying it's likely, or even reasonable to expect it, but he CAN, cause it's chance, luck. You don't need to win the lottery to beat him, but you still need some luck cause every hit has a chance to be evaded.

Yes, I can. No luck involved. He has terrible armor, so it doesn't matter at all if it takes half the fight to switch him, you'll still take him down in 30 seconds after you do. Like I said, play it slow and watch out for evades. All skill, no luck, easy game.
    What if he evades every time he's about to switch? He can, cause it's chance, luck. He could spend the entire fight like this, he can also evade every single hit, cause that's chance.

I'm not saying it's likely, or even reasonable to expect it, but he CAN, cause it's chance, luck. You don't need to win the lottery to beat him, but you still need some luck cause every hit has a chance to be evaded.
    But he doesn't. And his chance isn't that high. There is the chance of him evading. But look at it this way. If you attempt to switch it to swashbuckling 10 times, and you succeed in it 8 times than its obviously not luck. And its a rare thing to fail at it when you do know what you're doing.
    edited July 2017
    R4GE wrote: »

It does not take luck at all. It takes timing. At the start of the fight just block or evade him until he starts to dash back. As soon as he holds down his block dash forward at the right time and pound on his block and he will switch to swashbuckling. Being as I, and others in the post, obviously do it often than its safe to say its not luck when you know what you're doing. If you DONT know what you're doing than I guess it would take luck.

And if he evades your attack... hey, he did not switch! Imagine that! What some of us are saying is that there is an element of luck in the 'hitting his block while timer runs out' part, which may mean requiring multiple attempts to get him to switch. The technique is sound, and works, so long as he does not evade. Which just means you do it again. It is skill to get him to dash back where you can begin to keep his timer going until he switches, and to stay alive until he does so, and an element of luck/RNG as to whether he evades your attempt at running out the timer. That's all =P Obviously when he does switch, he drops fast. Just annoying to play the switch game so often sometimes. Better than classic SM though!
    I think a lot of people here are confusing personal luck with RNG chance of evades. If the most amazing player in the world attacks NC while he is blocking, and he evades, it's not a matter of skill that he evaded, just that the game decided to choose that outcome in its numbers system.

But he doesn't. And his chance isn't that high. There is the chance of him evading. But look at it this way. If you attempt to switch it to swashbuckling 10 times, and you succeed in it 8 times than its obviously not luck. And its a rare thing to fail at it when you do know what you're doing.
    If you can't do it 100% of the time, then it's not all skill.

And if he evades your attack... hey, he did not switch! Imagine that! What some of us are saying is that there is an element of luck in the 'hitting his block while timer runs out' part, which may mean requiring multiple attempts to get him to switch. The technique is sound, and works, so long as he does not evade. Which just means you do it again. It is skill to get him to dash back where you can begin to keep his timer going until he switches, and to stay alive until he does so, and an element of luck/RNG as to whether he evades your attempt at running out the timer. That's all =P Obviously when he does switch, he drops fast. Just annoying to play the switch game so often sometimes. Better than classic SM though!
    I think a lot of people here are confusing personal luck with RNG chance of evades. If the most amazing player in the world attacks NC while he is blocking, and he evades, it's not a matter of skill that he evaded, just that the game decided to choose that outcome in its numbers system.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

If he had a 90% chance to evade, or even a 50% chance to evade than yes it would take luck. But he has a lower chance of evading, so no....the whole "luck" thing makes no sense. Not saying he doesn't have a chance to evade, its just not high enough a chance to say "luck" is needed
    edited July 2017

If he had a 90% chance to evade, or even a 50% chance to evade than yes it would take luck. But he has a lower chance of evading, so no....the whole "luck" thing makes no sense. Not saying he doesn't have a chance to evade, its just not high enough a chance to say "luck" is needed
    Luck doesn't apply only if it's not in your favor, it applies everywhere when there is a chance to fail, even 1%.

Luck doesn't apply only if it's not in your favor, it applies everywhere when there is a chance to fail, even 1%.

Thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Look at his evade %. Odds are in your favor that he will not evade. Its not luck when a % is put to your favor
    edited July 2017

Thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Look at his evade %. Odds are in your favor that he will not evade. Its not luck when a % is put to your favor
    Dude, that's the bloody definition of "Luck". Your entirely wrong.25hpdxj7jf8a.png
    "Success or failure, brought by chance."

Dude, that's the bloody definition of "Luck". Your entirely wrong.25hpdxj7jf8a.png
    How does you giving the definition of luck have anything to do with the fact that some of us are saying it doesn't take luck to beat NC?
    edited July 2017

How does you giving the definition of luck have anything to do with the fact that some of us are saying it doesn't take luck to beat NC?
    Because getting him to change isn't 100%, he can evade, and reset the count-down. Again, it's not 100% luck, it's a minor amount, but it isn't all skill and no luck, which is where you two are wrong.