**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Act 6 beta

With the news of act 6 beta currently running and not being pushed to the beta server, has anyone in the development team considered this is the main cause for the communities connection issues? Multiple people have been hit by this wasting resources to complete aq and war. I would strongly suggest the team remove the beta to the beta server and see if that helps normal game play.

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    It seems highly unlikely that the small number of beta testers could on their own cause connection disruptions. And whenever they are beta testing they aren't playing the other content, so they aren't likely to be putting significantly more load on the servers in any case.

If the beta test is actually causing small connection issues now under a very limited beta test, that suggests the game will be totally unplayable when it launches. If that's the case, it is even more important that problem gets discovered and addressed before Act 6 formally launches.
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    edited January 2019
    @DNA3000 i was thinking of the fact that they have a small window open to content on the server, which means the connection issues could possible be seeing that window As open but can’t access it and continually tries to load it. Just seems like there may be a causality between the two. Since the beta is on the server when the game load it has to pull all of that information.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    IsItthough wrote: »
    @DNA3000 i was thinking of the fact that they have a small window open to content on the server, which means the connection issues could possible be seeing that window As open but can’t access it and continually tries to load it. Just seems like there may be a causality between the two. Since the beta is on the server when the game load it has to pull all of that information.

That's a possibility, but I think it is unlikely because when the game has previously released things like Act 5 or monthly events the bulk of the content is either folded into the game client (which is why we have to update it) or fetched on a dynamic resource load (which is that loading screen we sometimes get when we first fire up an updated client). I suspect that every game client has the content for Act 6, and non-beta players aren't trying to fetch it and fail because they are not in the beta.

But I can't completely discount the possibility that some interaction with Act 6 beta files aren't causing issues. But if it is, as I said, it could be something that could also affect the game when Act 6 goes live. After all, that has happened before with new content as well. It wasn't that long ago that every other new content release came with the servers having a stroke and dropping dead.