**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is the “Force of Will” node bugged?

My_SuperiorMy_Superior Posts: 2,086 ★★★★
Force of Will
“This defender is immune to Ability Accuracy Modification.”

I understand that Concussions should not reduce ability accuracy but why should the defender be entirely immune to the debuff? If you think about it, the brain takes damage just like any other body part regardless of your “force of will.” Being immune to Concussion ruins champs like Taskmaster who rely on them to deal decent damage; this role is already filled by nodes like Debuff Immunity, Masochism, and that other one I can’t remember. Master of Tasks my @#%!

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Is not something new to be honest. AA, which is immune to active ability accuracy modifications, is immune to the concussion debuff as well
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    Is not something new to be honest. AA, which is immune to active ability accuracy modifications, is immune to the concussion debuff as well
    @will-o-wisp Mephisto is immune to ability Accuracy reduction, but can be concussed by quake and even have his regen stopped. Curious to why this happens
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    Ahitlaw wrote: »
    @will-o-wisp Mephisto is immune to ability Accuracy reduction, but can be concussed by quake and even have his regen stopped. Curious to why this happens

Yeah, Blade shuts down mephistos regen even though he is "ability accuracy immune
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    The_Boss9 wrote: »
    Ahitlaw wrote: »

Yeah, Blade shuts down mephistos regen even though he is "ability accuracy immune

No, blade can ignore dimensional beings with Ability accuracy immunities.
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    Ok just read it, Mephisto is immune to PASSIVE ability accuracy reduction, ex: black widows sig
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Why this BS node Force to will? Why give chsmps abilities to make someone immune ? This node takes the fun out of the game.

FYI i have finished variant and this month uncollected. Still think the node is a giant garbage
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    It’s actually helpful in Luke cages case; instead of converting all the exhaustion debuffs into a singular useless debuff (for that fight), it just says immune and let’s you keep all exhaustion stacks.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    What’s the issue with force of Will?

I see it but it doesn’t affect anything to be honest. I mean, yes, abilities that should proc will proc instead of being prevented.. but that’s the point right? The integrity of the designed fight should be maintained instead of being made easier by cheap counters that prevent the fight from doing what it should be doing.
    Imagine if Elektra wasn’t allowed to activate any debuffs because that’s how she reduces ability accuracy.... Doesn’t seem fair does it?

Then probably bringing her into the fight was a mistake in the first place?

I mean, using Elektra against a debuff immune OG Spidey isn’t really a good attacker choice right?
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    I think ‘force of will’ or immune to ability Accuracy reduction of Mephisto refers to more of a straight up ability reductions of black widow or blade or electro,concussion is kind entirely different thing which has its properties stating 100% ability reduction
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    my issue with force of will is a simple as it stopped CAIW petrify reducing / reversin diablos regen....
    how is this so?
    petrify debuff should work.
    it is not reducing the ability accuracy.
    the debuff is merely reducing the effectivness of the ability.
    two different things IMO.

AAR = reduce the chance of abilities triggering.
    not the same as modifying wat they do.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    ^^^ ignore that.... i was mistaken ^^^^
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    I just heard an alliance mate used Doctor voodoo odd combo 50% ability reducing against diablo uncollected with force of will. And it shut down his abilities.

So a response from a mod would be great. Is Force of will node only triggered against blade? Cause I sure as damn didn’t have any abilities reduced when I used Blade vs diablo.
    edited January 2019
    Imagine if Elektra wasn’t allowed to activate any debuffs because that’s how she reduces ability accuracy.... Doesn’t seem fair does it?

Referring to this.

I don't think you get what I meant.

What you're saying is when you're using Elektra against any champion that doesn't allow her to activate any debuffs, it doesn't seem fair. You're forgetting that just by having her "not allowed to activate any debuffs" i.e. debuff immune, Elektra herself was a bad matchup to bring in.

Similarly, when an opponent has a "Force of Will" node on, this does not allow his ability accuracy to be decreased. This also means, if your game plan was to bring a champ that relies on reducing the opponent's ability accuracy in order to counter the defender into the fight, that probably isn't a good idea as well.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    xNig wrote: »

Then probably bringing her into the fight was a mistake in the first place?

I mean, using Elektra against a debuff immune OG Spidey isn’t really a good attacker choice right?

I wasn’t referring to the “Debuff Immune” node; I’m talking about “Force of Will.”

Imagine if Crossbones wasn’t allowed to gain Fury buffs because that’s how he reduces ability accuracy. It wouldn’t be fair because it robs him of his damage output.

There are already nodes like buffet that prevent champs from gaining buffs
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★

Referring to this.

I don't think you get what I meant.

What you're saying is when you're using Elektra against any champion that doesn't allow her to activate any debuffs, it doesn't seem fair. You're forgetting that just by having her "not allowed to activate any debuffs" i.e. debuff immune, Elektra herself was a bad matchup to bring in.

Similarly, when an opponent has a "Force of Will" node on, this does not allow his ability accuracy to be decreased. This also means, if your game plan was to bring a champ that relies on reducing the opponent's ability accuracy in order to counter the defender into the fight, that probably isn't a good idea as well.

He just wants the Concussion Debuff to be applied, but not have any affect as per Force of Will, rather than the opponent be immune to the debuff itself due to the node. So it would be a debuff version of DV's loas; does nothing, but counts for another ability (TM's 'beast' mode).
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Crossbones triggers the fury buffs. Only after that he applies the AAR.
    TM is the opposite. He needs to trigger concussions in order to trigger the secondary part of his ability.
    @xNig @Voltolos
    Everything I said is in context to the thread...

Imagine if Crossbones wasn’t allowed to gain Fury Buffs AGAINST THE FORCE OF WILL NODE because that’s how he reduces ability accuracy. It wouldn’t be fair because it robs him of his damage.

I understand what you’re saying. What I mean is that, if that were the case, wouldn’t he be a bad choice as an attacker to use against that node? In other words, use someone else.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    @xNig @Voltolos

Imagine if Crossbones wasn’t allowed to gain Fury Buffs AGAINST THE FORCE OF WILL NODE because that’s how he reduces ability accuracy. It wouldn’t be fair because it robs him of his damage.

I understand what you’re saying. What I mean is that, if that were the case, wouldn’t he be a bad choice as an attacker to use against that node? In other words, use someone else.

One presumes he used TM against him first, only to discover in the fight itself that FoW did not even allow a concussion debuff to be placed by TM. Until you know how FoW works, and it’s new enough that this may be his first time using TM vs it, it sucks to discover it too late. He likely won’t be using TM *more*, but is annoyed he had to find out the hard way how those two interacted, and is this venting his frustration here.
    Now, if he keeps taking TM vs FoW nodes now that he knows, then questions could be raised about his choice of champ =P
    Amonthir wrote: »
    @xNig @Voltolos

One presumes he used TM against him first, only to discover in the fight itself that FoW did not even allow a concussion debuff to be placed by TM. Until you know how FoW works, and it’s new enough that this may be his first time using TM vs it, it sucks to discover it too late. He likely won’t be using TM *more*, but is annoyed he had to find out the hard way how those two interacted, and is this venting his frustration here.
    Now, if he keeps taking TM vs FoW nodes now that he knows, then questions could be raised about his choice of champ =P

Yeah I understand. But that’s how the game works right? Experimentation. And that’s why experience is so important.

It’s the same as bringing an Iceman into an OG Spidey on a buffet node, only to realize the moment Ice Armor forms it gets removed by buffet and that Spidey is a life gaining machine.

Tbh, Kabam can’t be blamed for such interactions that the player did not think of.
    Look up the definition of nig and tell me this guy isn’t a troll.

You apparently have issues.

And I only troll people who deserve to be trolled, like scrubs who think they’re really good and only know how to complain instead of finding ways to handle the situation.
    @xNig your name is a racial slur for Pete’s sake.

If you take it to be one, that’s on you. Apparently, you have issues.