**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Iceman in trials

GmonkeyGmonkey Posts: 2,476 ★★★★★
So a number of people cannot clear epic if they got bad luck and got iceman. Unavoidable damage should not determine if you can complete an event. Will kabam look into scaling or must you be lucky to have corvus, mephisto or sabretooth to clear epic?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    noynoy Posts: 56
    I just got him today, day 7. First time I died, I hadn't fully healed so I revived and spent the pots for full health. I thought surely Kabam will not be this cheesy or unfair. Sure enough, however, I died again within 10 seconds without even being touched using a maxed 5*.

How many champs are coldsnap immune exactly? Is it just Sabretooth? That's just stupid! I don't even have him as a 2* yet. Even more stupid is that Iceman himself is not immune to coldsnap. That's fine. You win today Kabam. You win today.
  • Options
    General__RossGeneral__Ross Posts: 157
    There’s quite a few people with cold snap immunity. Meph, CG, ST, and anyone who can heal back the damage. Iceman is only in the rotation in 2 of the 7 days, so just prepare for him on those days and you’ll be fine.
  • Options
    Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    Ghost removes coldsnap by dodging back
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    You think that’s bad. I got him in his trial the first week. Then the alchemist trial the first week. Then his trial the second week. And today. I have gotten him very time I could have possibly gotten him thus far. And yes. The unavoidable damage without a coldsnap immune is despicable
  • Options
    Kushstar420Kushstar420 Posts: 192
    noy wrote: »
    I just got him today, day 7. First time I died, I hadn't fully healed so I revived and spent the pots for full health. I thought surely Kabam will not be this cheesy or unfair. Sure enough, however, I died again within 10 seconds without even being touched using a maxed 5*.

How many champs are coldsnap immune exactly? Is it just Sabretooth? That's just stupid! I don't even have him as a 2* yet. Even more stupid is that Iceman himself is not immune to coldsnap. That's fine. You win today Kabam. You win today.

corvus or ghost( with phasing) and st
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    You all are forgetting IMIW.
  • Options
    Jawarrior2001Jawarrior2001 Posts: 303
    I'd love to fight Iceman in the trials, you can at least counter that, try countering Dormammu using the boosts designed to 'help' you in the trials lol
  • Options
    There’s quite a few people with cold snap immunity. Meph, CG, ST, and anyone who can heal back the damage. Iceman is only in the rotation in 2 of the 7 days, so just prepare for him on those days and you’ll be fine.

You're saying Ultron would work? Or the two old Iron Mans? I don't know. That coldsnap does 8k+ damage/tick. I don't see their regens being strong enough even at max level. And I doubt anyone would have them as a maxed 5* but I'd love to see it though.

• Options
    Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    You know he is gonna be in there so bring immune champ.. there is 4/5 available as noted above
  • Options
    Hell I know now. Next time I'll know to just take the L
  • Options
    General__RossGeneral__Ross Posts: 157
    edited January 2019
    noy wrote: »
    You're saying Ultron would work? Or the two old Iron Mans? I don't know. That coldsnap does 8k+ damage/tick. I don't see their regens being strong enough even at max level. And I doubt anyone would have them as a maxed 5* but I'd love to see it though.

I believe you misread what I said. I didn’t say “anyone with regen,” I said anyone who can heal back the damage ...as in, someone with sufficient enough regen to do so. There’s a huge difference.
  • Options
    Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★
    What a money grab.

I pulled Thor rags and he got power flood then his power gain thing.

He went to special 3 like 6-7 times before I could take him down.

When they have health that's double an uncollected boss whatever.

On master I was lucky because my

Void(5/50, sig 10)
    Blade(4/55)
    Starkey (5/50)
    Corvus(5/50)
    AA(5/50, sig 57)

Was enough to not have to revive.

I had to quit out on epic
  • Options
    CrkwestCrkwest Posts: 384 ★★★
    I got a wasp 1.7k per second if she evaded, fun and interactive
  • Options
    SuelSuel Posts: 279
    Just use the dam boosts we get through the week!! We got a arc overload one, use it instead of complaining
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★
    Suel wrote: »
    Just use the dam boosts we get through the week!! We got a arc overload one, use it instead of complaining

It’s nowhere near enough to offset the damage you take unless you bring someone that happens to be immune to coldsnap. It’s periodic, not passive, and hurts you against some nodes/champs in that it can be randomly blocked or reversed.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★

I’m pretty sure they did, as did Seatin in the video above. Wasn’t pretty.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    OmegaManOmegaMan Posts: 383 ★★★
    And not a peep from anyone at Kabam regarding thjs stuff. Its been two weeks of it and notta. Typical
  • Options
    OmegaManOmegaMan Posts: 383 ★★★

Boosts dont offset the damage they are flawed just like the whole trials event is flawed.