Best and fastest way to beat the trials in epic mode.

123578

Comments

  • Scary_TerryScary_Terry Posts: 26
    I really don’t understand this complaint.
    Epic mode is too hard for me (both my roster and my skill) so I just do the other 4 difficulties instead.
    Why would I ask for it to be easier instead?
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 893 ★★★
    xNig wrote: »
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Drooped2 wrote: »
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Drooped2 wrote: »
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    I will challenge myself in new interesting ways by playing the game less. Thanks

    Ok I'm fine with that. Dont play at all
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    I will challenge myself in new interesting ways by playing the game less. Thanks

    The quitters attitude is probably why you dont enjoy this..

    I am not the only one hating this content. Open your mind and stop being self centered. You like it. Fine. I dont. Most people dont. 99 percent of the player base to be exact.

    Kabam must stop testing stuff with maxed 6 stars. In fact i think this content is not tested at all given the backlash they are getting even in youtube. Mods shows a video on how to do the content. I wont hold my breath waiting.

    Im not the only one loving this content or enjoying it as it is.

    Youtubers dont represent the community all that much I only watch 2 of them total. Mostly cause their streams line up with my best arena time so it's a nice backup entertainment

    And never watch videos they make ever.

    I really dont understand why people see difficult and come whine about it.. and say progression is needed

    Guess what removing hard kills progression

    What kind of progrssion you are talking about? Are you allucinating? 5 star shars? T2A shards ? Really lmao. You are the 1 percent bro.

    So what you’re indirectly saying is the 99% is complaining about content designed for the 1% because the 99% cannot handle it?

    There are 4 other levels not designed for the 1% that the 99% can attempt. So why the complaining?

    Maybe it's the GAP that's the issue? I mean i went through Expert trials today and didn't lose any champ. In fact all champs had full health except one that lost a little.
    When I go through EPIC trials I get wasted 2-3 fights in.
    Players that I consider MUCH MUCH better than me are using many revives to get through it.
    That seems like a huge gap between the two.
    maybe the solution is upping the difficulty and rewards for expert?!
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 893 ★★★
    Drooped2 wrote: »
    I propose a new comment rule in the forums.

    If you claim "easy" on certain difficult content then provide the following:
    1. Screenshot of your champ line up shown IN the next Epic Trial.
    2. Don't just list what champs you used but the rank of your champs. The statement for instance, "It's easy with just my two champs" can easily mean you have r2 6* Rulk and r5 5* Domino in which case ALL content is easier for you and not necessarily a demonstration of greater skills at all.

    I'm sure there's other considerations but starting with this would be helpful I think.

    Well then in an effort to create balance and fairness.

    If you post this is too hard you must provide the same.

    I could agree to that. i mean if i say that it's too hard and I'm using God Tier r4/5 5* or 6* then maybe it IS a skills issue.

    To cover most ground I'm using mostly r5 4* champs for their unique abilities. That is what I complete most uncollected quests with but it varies. I do have r4 5* Magik and 6* Hawkeye that are very useful often.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 7,730 ★★★★★
    This one not hard if it wher iceman and dorm. Mordo just use AA.
    DrZola wrote: »
    Gamer wrote: »
    This one not hard if it wher iceman and dorm. Morokjust use AA.

    Assumes you have the opportunity to go back and get AA if you didn’t bring him.

    Dr. Zola
    Agerd but. U kind Ikow with champ com it can be all of them one one of the days
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 27,362 ★★★★★
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    A challenge, not a cake walk? So 50k, crazy-Noded Champs for a Daily Side Quest is a challenge? No. What you need is a separate game where you can have insane levels of challenge, so people can enjoy this one.

    An that's why they have other difficulty levels in this quest apart from epic.
    Drooped2 wrote: »
    A challenge, not a cake walk? So 50k, crazy-Noded Champs for a Daily Side Quest is a challenge? No. What you need is a separate game where you can have insane levels of challenge, so people can enjoy this one.

    Got it I need to leave so you can enjoy it instead of me being able to enjoy it.

    It's all about you

    You don't HAVE to do anything, but when the majority of people are saying it's ridiculous, and a few are saying, "More! More! More!".......clearly there's something being missed.

    How things have changed. Plenty of times the majority have been saying something is ridiculous, this is when you spout of about things are meant to be a challenge an it's fine. Guess now your uncollected an get to experience this stuff the shoe is on the other foot now.

    Why do you feel like you have to do epic ? kabam have clearly started its a new harder level for more skilled an end game players who find allmother stuff boring an easy.


    My post was internet was lagging but i took s/s of it

    @GroundedWisdom
    @Jaffacaked
    My opinions stated....
    h5ieh1mo9umu.jpeg












    This entirely misses the point of what I was talking about. So people have more experience with higher content. Congratulations. Not the point being made, and the conversation is not about bolstering Egos.
    It has nothing to do with experience, or lack thereof. People who have it are saying the same thing. My point was about consistency. If you're going to have an Epic, that has to have a gauge that people are familiar with. Especially when you have a one-time entry. The OP's point was that Epic was too overpowered. I also agree. It's a side-Quest. Not End-Game content.
    I'm not buying the wash that people need something for them as well. Anyone who is that unchallenged is not going to be fazed by 7 Fights. I can assure you. That number of people is quite small. However, it's not just about Epic, or this month. It's about them going overboard with it. Compare other Events and the difficulty entailed. It's increased from others. What's more, it's all over the place. Some months, Epic is reasonable. Others, we get something like this. Which means Epic doesn't represent a point of reference people can draw on and know they're capable of. It just represents however hard they want to make it for the highest Rewards. 50k 6*s Noded to the hilt for a side-Quest. It's ridiculous. Don't care who agrees or not.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 27,362 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 wrote: »
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    A challenge, not a cake walk? So 50k, crazy-Noded Champs for a Daily Side Quest is a challenge? No. What you need is a separate game where you can have insane levels of challenge, so people can enjoy this one.

    An that's why they have other difficulty levels in this quest apart from epic.
    Drooped2 wrote: »
    A challenge, not a cake walk? So 50k, crazy-Noded Champs for a Daily Side Quest is a challenge? No. What you need is a separate game where you can have insane levels of challenge, so people can enjoy this one.

    Got it I need to leave so you can enjoy it instead of me being able to enjoy it.

    It's all about you

    You don't HAVE to do anything, but when the majority of people are saying it's ridiculous, and a few are saying, "More! More! More!".......clearly there's something being missed.

    How things have changed. Plenty of times the majority have been saying something is ridiculous, this is when you spout of about things are meant to be a challenge an it's fine. Guess now your uncollected an get to experience this stuff the shoe is on the other foot now.

    Why do you feel like you have to do epic ? kabam have clearly started its a new harder level for more skilled an end game players who find allmother stuff boring an easy.


    My post was internet was lagging but i took s/s of it

    @GroundedWisdom
    @Jaffacaked
    My opinions stated....
    h5ieh1mo9umu.jpeg












    This entirely misses the point of what I was talking about. So people have more experience with higher content. Congratulations. Not the point being made, and the conversation is not about bolstering Egos.
    It has nothing to do with experience, or lack thereof. People who have it are saying the same thing. My point was about consistency. If you're going to have an Epic, that has to have a gauge that people are familiar with. Especially when you have a one-time entry. The OP's point was that Epic was too overpowered. I also agree. It's a side-Quest. Not End-Game content.
    I'm not buying the wash that people need something for them as well. Anyone who is that unchallenged is not going to be fazed by 7 Fights. I can assure you. That number of people is quite small. However, it's not just about Epic, or this month. It's about them going overboard with it. Compare other Events and the difficulty entailed. It's increased from others. What's more, it's all over the place. Some months, Epic is reasonable. Others, we get something like this. Which means Epic doesn't represent a point of reference people can draw on and know they're capable of. It just represents however hard they want to make it for the highest Rewards. 50k 6*s Noded to the hilt for a side-Quest. It's ridiculous. Don't care who agrees or not.

    Kabam has a chamois suggestion on every quest and it's quite fitting for this event consistency acheived

    I'm afraid you don't understand what consistency involves.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 27,362 ★★★★★
    Something for everyone is not the argument. The argument is shifting already-existing Difficulties to accommodate that. If it was just a matter of adding another Difficulty so people were more challenged, that was made known to be harder, we wouldn't be having this discussion. However, we're talking about consistency. Epic has been made much more difficult and that's the problem. People enter with one Entrance Fee, with the previous Epics to gauge their abilities, and are met with something much harder. Consistency. The same relative effort entailed so people can judge for themselves what they're capable of.
    Then there's the fact that these little Quests shouldn't be that insanely challenging. Something you do as an additive every day for a month for extra Rewards shouldn't be that hard. However, clearly you disagree on that front so we can avoid that topic.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 27,362 ★★★★★
    I have no issues with making more challenging content. I don't have a problem with something for everyone. It's about the constantly-shifting bar I have an issue with. If they are going to have set Difficulties, that needs to represent something people are familiar with.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 wrote: »
    Drooped2 wrote: »
    A challenge, not a cake walk? So 50k, crazy-Noded Champs for a Daily Side Quest is a challenge? No. What you need is a separate game where you can have insane levels of challenge, so people can enjoy this one.

    Got it I need to leave so you can enjoy it instead of me being able to enjoy it.

    It's all about you

    There are more low level players than there are endgame players, lower level players are the majority in this game, so yeah it kind of is about him. I'm kind of in the middle... so I could care less. If I can complete it great... if not oh well... plus top players just got variant to enjoy. No disrespect to you, but it is kind of ridiculous how tough some of the new nodes are getting.

    Theres more low then high ok cool I agree theres also 4 other difficulties for lower players to enjoy

    See how that works it's called something for everybody

    Its funny it's always and top players got content a few months ago to enjoy so they should just shut up basically.
    New players get content monthly

    Just for the sake of discussion, why are you so against fine tuning the side quest? You make it seem perfect. If they removed the element of RNG champs and nodes (Gambler’s Fate/Double Down and Disarray) and removed Brawl would it be the end of the world? Hell I would even settle for just removing brawl honestly because I think it’s a terrible node. Every 5 seconds the champ goes unstoppable which even CAIW can’t nullify isn’t really a fun way to work around it. It would be different if it was like tranquility where it happens every 15 seconds. They just need to fine tune nodes.
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    I really don’t understand this complaint.
    Epic mode is too hard for me (both my roster and my skill) so I just do the other 4 difficulties instead.
    Why would I ask for it to be easier instead?

    Exactly! Here is the representation of silent majority which is very wise . The forums are filled with a tiny loud minority who wants everything right here right now without effort
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    I propose a new comment rule in the forums.

    If you claim "easy" on certain difficult content then provide the following:
    1. Screenshot of your champ line up shown IN the next Epic Trial.
    2. Don't just list what champs you used but the rank of your champs. The statement for instance, "It's easy with just my two champs" can easily mean you have r2 6* Rulk and r5 5* Domino in which case ALL content is easier for you and not necessarily a demonstration of greater skills at all.

    I'm sure there's other considerations but starting with this would be helpful I think.

    The top difficulty of content is aimed at people with top level of champs . That is 5/65 currently. Why would u not expect to have 5/65 to clear this content? Absolutely mind boggling for me that people think all content should be cleared by 4 stars
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 wrote: »
    I have no issues with making more challenging content. I don't have a problem with something for everyone. It's about the constantly-shifting bar I have an issue with. If they are going to have set Difficulties, that needs to represent something people are familiar with.

    I legit haven't seen this theror
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Drooped2 wrote: »
    Drooped2 wrote: »
    A challenge, not a cake walk? So 50k, crazy-Noded Champs for a Daily Side Quest is a challenge? No. What you need is a separate game where you can have insane levels of challenge, so people can enjoy this one.

    Got it I need to leave so you can enjoy it instead of me being able to enjoy it.

    It's all about you

    There are more low level players than there are endgame players, lower level players are the majority in this game, so yeah it kind of is about him. I'm kind of in the middle... so I could care less. If I can complete it great... if not oh well... plus top players just got variant to enjoy. No disrespect to you, but it is kind of ridiculous how tough some of the new nodes are getting.

    Theres more low then high ok cool I agree theres also 4 other difficulties for lower players to enjoy

    See how that works it's called something for everybody

    Its funny it's always and top players got content a few months ago to enjoy so they should just shut up basically.
    New players get content monthly

    Just for the sake of discussion, why are you so against fine tuning the side quest? You make it seem perfect. If they removed the element of RNG champs and nodes (Gambler’s Fate/Double Down and Disarray) and removed Brawl would it be the end of the world? Hell I would even settle for just removing brawl honestly because I think it’s a terrible node. Every 5 seconds the champ goes unstoppable which even CAIW can’t nullify isn’t really a fun way to work around it. It would be different if it was like tranquility where it happens every 15 seconds. They just need to fine tune nodes.

    I honestly think if they removed random it would be dull cause everyone could plan the perfect counter to every encounter needed. Element of surprise is needed here.

    Gamblers fare is that even an issue?
    Brawl takes some skill and timing and patience the other nodes you listed are just there and dont make much impact.

    But you need too many champs. It’s not like random KK, Spider Gwen, Luke Cage fights. We are talking about numerous champs that need specific counters, Dorm, Iceman, MS, Abom, Mephisto, Killmonger. If maybe half of those champs were in the pool then maybe it would be different but there’s too many different possibilities than can potentially screw you.

    Yes, actually Gambler’a Fate is an issue. When you get inflicted with bleed/poison/degen that deals 300 damage per second and you’re facing a Punisher or Killmonger with oscillate and Brawl it’s very hard to be able to find enough openings to take them down before you get KO’d. It’s cheap. They give you unavoidable damage while making them unstoppable so you can attack a couple times within a 5 second period. Also, if they get power flood, what do you do then? It’s just way too much stuff to keep track of and manage. These things individually are not horrible, but when they’re all combined it’s a nightmarish cocktail of punishment.

    I have a 5/65 and multiple 4/55 and have completed LOL and Variant. I’m not the worst player. It’s just a really bad mix of nodes that don’t sit well with me. I would really appreciate you sharing a video of your trial tomorrow. Trial of fire is the worst one IMO so if you could share your skills/knowledge, I think it would be helpful. I just don’t know how patience works against brawl without getting brutalized in the corner.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    Drooped2 wrote: »
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Drooped2 wrote: »
    I have no issues with making more challenging content. I don't have a problem with something for everyone. It's about the constantly-shifting bar I have an issue with. If they are going to have set Difficulties, that needs to represent something people are familiar with.

    I legit haven't seen this theror
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Drooped2 wrote: »
    Drooped2 wrote: »
    A challenge, not a cake walk? So 50k, crazy-Noded Champs for a Daily Side Quest is a challenge? No. What you need is a separate game where you can have insane levels of challenge, so people can enjoy this one.

    Got it I need to leave so you can enjoy it instead of me being able to enjoy it.

    It's all about you

    There are more low level players than there are endgame players, lower level players are the majority in this game, so yeah it kind of is about him. I'm kind of in the middle... so I could care less. If I can complete it great... if not oh well... plus top players just got variant to enjoy. No disrespect to you, but it is kind of ridiculous how tough some of the new nodes are getting.

    Theres more low then high ok cool I agree theres also 4 other difficulties for lower players to enjoy

    See how that works it's called something for everybody

    Its funny it's always and top players got content a few months ago to enjoy so they should just shut up basically.
    New players get content monthly

    Just for the sake of discussion, why are you so against fine tuning the side quest? You make it seem perfect. If they removed the element of RNG champs and nodes (Gambler’s Fate/Double Down and Disarray) and removed Brawl would it be the end of the world? Hell I would even settle for just removing brawl honestly because I think it’s a terrible node. Every 5 seconds the champ goes unstoppable which even CAIW can’t nullify isn’t really a fun way to work around it. It would be different if it was like tranquility where it happens every 15 seconds. They just need to fine tune nodes.

    I honestly think if they removed random it would be dull cause everyone could plan the perfect counter to every encounter needed. Element of surprise is needed here.

    Gamblers fare is that even an issue?
    Brawl takes some skill and timing and patience the other nodes you listed are just there and dont make much impact.

    But you need too many champs. It’s not like random KK, Spider Gwen, Luke Cage fights. We are talking about numerous champs that need specific counters, Dorm, Iceman, MS, Abom, Mephisto, Killmonger. If maybe half of those champs were in the pool then maybe it would be different but there’s too many different possibilities than can potentially screw you.

    Yes, actually Gambler’a Fate is an issue. When you get inflicted with bleed/poison/degen that deals 300 damage per second and you’re facing a Punisher or Killmonger with oscillate and Brawl it’s very hard to be able to find enough openings to take them down before you get KO’d. It’s cheap. They give you unavoidable damage while making them unstoppable so you can attack a couple times within a 5 second period. Also, if they get power flood, what do you do then? It’s just way too much stuff to keep track of and manage. These things individually are not horrible, but when they’re all combined it’s a nightmarish cocktail of punishment.

    I have a 5/65 and multiple 4/55 and have completed LOL and Variant. I’m not the worst player. It’s just a really bad mix of nodes that don’t sit well with me. I would really appreciate you sharing a video of your trial tomorrow. Trial of fire is the worst one IMO so if you could share your skills/knowledge, I think it would be helpful. I just don’t know how patience works against brawl without getting brutalized in the corner.

    Brawl is the hardest node I'll admit that domino seems to crit fail it btw so it seems aar reduces that.

    Otherwise I keep power in check on them as its alot easier to counter if you arent concerned with power as much..tomorrow is war day.. hrmm I'll try and sneak in before war and get something for video might be iffy with work tho I'll need to sneak that

    With everything else going on, I didn’t really think about an AAR affecting brawl. I’ll keep that in mind. I would appreciate it if you could (but obviously don’t get in trouble). I would love to learn how to work around this because I’m sure I’ll see it in the future. Cheers.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 12,339 Guardian
    Drooped2 wrote: »
    I honestly think if they removed random it would be dull cause everyone could plan the perfect counter to every encounter needed. Element of surprise is needed here.

    That depends on what the design point of the content is. If the point is to challenge players' ability to handle any fight with a randomly selected champ, surprise makes sense. But the content itself should be designed so that it is reasonably completeable with any random champ. If the design intent is to challenge players to bring appropriate champs to complete the content, then surprise is nonsensical because players cannot do that.

    I made a point during early access testing of Alliance War that I saw Brian Grant independently make in one of his videos recently. The point was that speaking generally, when the content makes the opponent invisible as it does in AW and as it does here in the trials, relative to prior to selecting your attack team, that limits your ability to think strategically about which champions to bring. That's something Kabam claims they want players to do.

    The problem is that when you don't know what to expect to fight, you can't pick optimal champions that are specific to those fights, even if you actually have those optimal champs. Moreover, Kabam can't even *make* champs that are specifically special to certain kinds of fights and have players actually care, because we are often confronted with content where we cannot bring those champions along *hoping* they might be useful. Instead, we have to bring the best generalists along, hoping they will be able to handle any possible mix of opponents.

    Loki is actually really great for some fights, but I'm not bringing him into the trials because I'm entering blind, and I have no idea if he will actually be useful. I bring Iceman and OG Vision because they have *tremendous* general ability. Both have immunities which is important for some opponents (cough Abomination) and some nodes (ie Biohazard) and Iceman can tank SP3 while OG Vision has strong power control, both important abilities in the trials in general. Kabam wants me to look for out of the box solutions to content problems, but by making the problem invisible they eliminate that option. It is simply too risky to play the game the way Kabam wants me to play it. They want me to play rock / paper / scissors but I'm bringing flame thrower / grenade / rocket launcher and blowing my opponent's hands clean off before they can show rock.

    The bottom line is that Kabam can't have it both ways. They can't say "there's always a bunch of counters" and then make the content invisible so I can't think about what those counters might be. And even the lists of potential champions doesn't really address this problem fully, because the lists are long enough that they simply recreate the problem I mention above: you can't bring specific counters and take out the opponents surgically, you need to bring nuclear weapons capable of destroying the entire list collectively.

    Invisible content essentially devalues specialist champs and promotes generalists. Kabam keeps implying they want to move away from that, but invisible content *forces* players to value champions that way. By their development actions, they are saying they want to devalue specialists. Those actions override their words.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Enter,
    Exit
    Close APP
    Piece of mind and no anger!!!
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 6,902 ★★★★★
    Something for everyone is not the argument. The argument is shifting already-existing Difficulties to accommodate that. If it was just a matter of adding another Difficulty so people were more challenged, that was made known to be harder, we wouldn't be having this discussion. However, we're talking about consistency. Epic has been made much more difficult and that's the problem. People enter with one Entrance Fee, with the previous Epics to gauge their abilities, and are met with something much harder. Consistency. The same relative effort entailed so people can judge for themselves what they're capable of.
    Then there's the fact that these little Quests shouldn't be that insanely challenging. Something you do as an additive every day for a month for extra Rewards shouldn't be that hard. However, clearly you disagree on that front so we can avoid that topic.

    Where has Epic been made more difficult? Side quests haven't had epic difficulties for very long and as far as I can tell people have complained about all of them lol. People remember the Trials of the King and feel as though that one was better... Expert was the hardest difficulty. There was no Epic difficulty in that quest.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,396 ★★★★
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    A challenge, not a cake walk? So 50k, crazy-Noded Champs for a Daily Side Quest is a challenge? No. What you need is a separate game where you can have insane levels of challenge, so people can enjoy this one.

    An that's why they have other difficulty levels in this quest apart from epic.
    Drooped2 wrote: »
    A challenge, not a cake walk? So 50k, crazy-Noded Champs for a Daily Side Quest is a challenge? No. What you need is a separate game where you can have insane levels of challenge, so people can enjoy this one.

    Got it I need to leave so you can enjoy it instead of me being able to enjoy it.

    It's all about you

    You don't HAVE to do anything, but when the majority of people are saying it's ridiculous, and a few are saying, "More! More! More!".......clearly there's something being missed.

    How things have changed. Plenty of times the majority have been saying something is ridiculous, this is when you spout of about things are meant to be a challenge an it's fine. Guess now your uncollected an get to experience this stuff the shoe is on the other foot now.

    Why do you feel like you have to do epic ? kabam have clearly started its a new harder level for more skilled an end game players who find allmother stuff boring an easy.


    My post was internet was lagging but i took s/s of it

    @GroundedWisdom
    @Jaffacaked
    My opinions stated....
    h5ieh1mo9umu.jpeg












    This entirely misses the point of what I was talking about. So people have more experience with higher content. Congratulations. Not the point being made, and the conversation is not about bolstering Egos.
    It has nothing to do with experience, or lack thereof. People who have it are saying the same thing. My point was about consistency. If you're going to have an Epic, that has to have a gauge that people are familiar with. Especially when you have a one-time entry. The OP's point was that Epic was too overpowered. I also agree. It's a side-Quest. Not End-Game content.
    I'm not buying the wash that people need something for them as well. Anyone who is that unchallenged is not going to be fazed by 7 Fights. I can assure you. That number of people is quite small. However, it's not just about Epic, or this month. It's about them going overboard with it. Compare other Events and the difficulty entailed. It's increased from others. What's more, it's all over the place. Some months, Epic is reasonable. Others, we get something like this. Which means Epic doesn't represent a point of reference people can draw on and know they're capable of. It just represents however hard they want to make it for the highest Rewards. 50k 6*s Noded to the hilt for a side-Quest. It's ridiculous. Don't care who agrees or not.

    its a side quest yes
    but the last side quest is aim for people are really in the end game.


    Again a person would not choose epic difficulty if they think they cant beat it.
    Especially if you have 1 chance to enter.
    The person chose epic because they think they can clear it, but they also need to fail in order to succede.

    I struggled and couldnt 100% master mode monthly back in the day so i know all about the struggle while knowing others have progressed ahead of me and 100% master mode monthly...while i cant.

    ofcourse epic is not made for people who are "not" uncollected but for those who are.

    Again i am simply telling you the only thing me and you have in common with that me and you are both uncollected.

    you can be 1 day old uncollected or be uncolected for months or over a year like some of us.

    progression wise, we are not the same. this type of content i am used to and i have roster that can do it. I am also used to difficulty content like this.


  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Drooped2 wrote: »
    I honestly think if they removed random it would be dull cause everyone could plan the perfect counter to every encounter needed. Element of surprise is needed here.

    That depends on what the design point of the content is. If the point is to challenge players' ability to handle any fight with a randomly selected champ, surprise makes sense. But the content itself should be designed so that it is reasonably completeable with any random champ. If the design intent is to challenge players to bring appropriate champs to complete the content, then surprise is nonsensical because players cannot do that.

    I made a point during early access testing of Alliance War that I saw Brian Grant independently make in one of his videos recently. The point was that speaking generally, when the content makes the opponent invisible as it does in AW and as it does here in the trials, relative to prior to selecting your attack team, that limits your ability to think strategically about which champions to bring. That's something Kabam claims they want players to do.

    The problem is that when you don't know what to expect to fight, you can't pick optimal champions that are specific to those fights, even if you actually have those optimal champs. Moreover, Kabam can't even *make* champs that are specifically special to certain kinds of fights and have players actually care, because we are often confronted with content where we cannot bring those champions along *hoping* they might be useful. Instead, we have to bring the best generalists along, hoping they will be able to handle any possible mix of opponents.

    Loki is actually really great for some fights, but I'm not bringing him into the trials because I'm entering blind, and I have no idea if he will actually be useful. I bring Iceman and OG Vision because they have *tremendous* general ability. Both have immunities which is important for some opponents (cough Abomination) and some nodes (ie Biohazard) and Iceman can tank SP3 while OG Vision has strong power control, both important abilities in the trials in general. Kabam wants me to look for out of the box solutions to content problems, but by making the problem invisible they eliminate that option. It is simply too risky to play the game the way Kabam wants me to play it. They want me to play rock / paper / scissors but I'm bringing flame thrower / grenade / rocket launcher and blowing my opponent's hands clean off before they can show rock.

    The bottom line is that Kabam can't have it both ways. They can't say "there's always a bunch of counters" and then make the content invisible so I can't think about what those counters might be. And even the lists of potential champions doesn't really address this problem fully, because the lists are long enough that they simply recreate the problem I mention above: you can't bring specific counters and take out the opponents surgically, you need to bring nuclear weapons capable of destroying the entire list collectively.

    Invisible content essentially devalues specialist champs and promotes generalists. Kabam keeps implying they want to move away from that, but invisible content *forces* players to value champions that way. By their development actions, they are saying they want to devalue specialists. Those actions override their words.

    Thank you for writing down the thoughts I couldn’t seem to get down right. This is the biggest problem is the randomization. Kabam has said they want you to strategize and bring the right champs but how can you know what champs to bring when you don’t know who you’re fighting? Well said.
    Something for everyone is not the argument. The argument is shifting already-existing Difficulties to accommodate that. If it was just a matter of adding another Difficulty so people were more challenged, that was made known to be harder, we wouldn't be having this discussion. However, we're talking about consistency. Epic has been made much more difficult and that's the problem. People enter with one Entrance Fee, with the previous Epics to gauge their abilities, and are met with something much harder. Consistency. The same relative effort entailed so people can judge for themselves what they're capable of.
    Then there's the fact that these little Quests shouldn't be that insanely challenging. Something you do as an additive every day for a month for extra Rewards shouldn't be that hard. However, clearly you disagree on that front so we can avoid that topic.

    Where has Epic been made more difficult? Side quests haven't had epic difficulties for very long and as far as I can tell people have complained about all of them lol. People remember the Trials of the King and feel as though that one was better... Expert was the hardest difficulty. There was no Epic difficulty in that quest.

    Well, there was an Epic difficulty for lab a few months ago and we know how that turned out.... I mean it’s essentially the same thing as now right? At least as far as RNG opponents. Except with labs you were able to change the buffs. Here you have zero control. Submit your life to the RNG gods.
  • TheManMythLegendTheManMythLegend Posts: 4,272 ★★★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Step 1: Enter the quest
    Step 2: Choose your team
    Step 3: Immediately hit the End quest button

    This game is getting to ridiculous levels. The harder it gets the more my wallet constrict. It is a game and to the extent of the situation we are heading it is less enjoyable as months go by.

    I am ok with he health pool, i am ok with the attack levels. It really disappoints me the fact that there are **** bodes with unavoidable damage.

    fic54hbloebj.jpeg
    650xjebkcly5.jpeg

    This is ment for the top players. thats why they have added new difficulty recently. and no shame if that isnt you. just do the ones under for your level and you will get there one day
Sign In or Register to comment.