**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Best and fastest way to beat the trials in epic mode.

Comments

• ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Drooped2 wrote: »
    A challenge, not a cake walk? So 50k, crazy-Noded Champs for a Daily Side Quest is a challenge? No. What you need is a separate game where you can have insane levels of challenge, so people can enjoy this one.

Got it I need to leave so you can enjoy it instead of me being able to enjoy it.

It's all about you

You don't HAVE to do anything, but when the majority of people are saying it's ridiculous, and a few are saying, "More! More! More!".......clearly there's something being missed.

I agree your.missing that end game content is made for end game players
    First of all, if you consider yourself End-Game because of the Trials, you're not clear on what End-Game is. Not you specifically, just the term in general.
    Secondly, rubbing it in everyone's face that you love the added difficulty whenever people have a problem with it is about as constructive as a Tsunami.
    That argument is constantly flaunted in peoples' faces whenever they point out something is too hard. "Not all content is made for everyone, something for End-Game.". Here's a fact. When you increase the number of people who are over how unnecessarily difficult something is, you end up making content that's "for" about 20 people.
    By all means, keep razzing people because you could do it. Doesn't change the facts about it.

Fine I 100 percent every peice of content released maze variant lol. End game enough yet?

Facts are if you cant beat it you arent ready for it.. it's literally that simple. 5 difficulties chose the one you can beat.

Taking away the tops enjoyment so you can beat the top isnt you winning.

It equates to the guy placing second in the Olympics entering the special Olympics the next year cause he lost

piggybacking
    Seen Seatin get wreckt, so is he not end game?

I did just fine, I did use only 3 r5's and used 3 revives at the end.
    I did use my favorite champ Omega Red, but hey using R5 for This kind of content is what it was suppose to be like.

But how about people using champs today to beat content that was made several years ago?
    Rol and Lol, the fact is not everyone can also 100% variant as its very roster dependent, and getting through Lol initial clear relies on heavily having a god tier champ and easy path is really easy when you compate it to inner paths of Lol

but clearly timed content
    in general,makes people made a frustrated resulting in post like these,

1. your not ready
    2. you think your ready, but in reality you are not.

Hence why a lot of people try joining platy 2/3 allainces and end up getting wrecked..because they are think they can compete.

Seeing plat 2/3 allainces do 20,30,40+ times in a war. Yet you see all this content on youtube and war videos on how to beat the Korgs,Medusas,Things, etc.

while in masters that I...compete in, the very top allainces die less than 10 times as an allainces, anything more than 15 is very bad performance for plat1 alliance.

• DrAwkwardPhDDrAwkwardPhD Posts: 234 ★★
    I’ve completed Act 5 100%, and initial run of Variant Chapter 1, and 00 Lab runs, but I have beaten the Epic Trials with:

5/65 Sabretooth
    5/65 Void
    4/55 Blade
    4/55 Spark
    4/55 Venom

It can be difficult, specifically the 2nd node, but it’s entirely doable and depends a lot on matchups. If you get an Iceman or Dormammu and don’t have an appropriate counter to deal with their abilities, then you’re going to have a bad time and should stick to Master, and develop your roster and try Epic/UC again next time.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    A challenge, not a cake walk? So 50k, crazy-Noded Champs for a Daily Side Quest is a challenge? No. What you need is a separate game where you can have insane levels of challenge, so people can enjoy this one.

Got it I need to leave so you can enjoy it instead of me being able to enjoy it.

It's all about you

You don't HAVE to do anything, but when the majority of people are saying it's ridiculous, and a few are saying, "More! More! More!".......clearly there's something being missed.

I agree your.missing that end game content is made for end game players

What you’re missing is that is isn’t end game content. This is a side quest with epic difficulty. This isn’t supposed to be a Maze/Variant level of difficulty. It should be more equated to UC/Epic EQ. Of course now you’ll probably say it’s stupid for UC/Epic Trials to have roughly the same difficulty as UC/Epic EQ even though they’re rated with the same titles.

Epic isnt end game content? So theres no end game content?
    Sorry but this is nowhere bear maze or variant difficulty those boosts make this pretty straight forward.

Trials.need the same difficulties as their name sake event?
    Cool only time we had epic monthly eq was when everyone had Steve the symbiote(yes his name was steve) and was on par with this only more fights.

Some of which (sym supreme werent possible unboosted with steve)

Umm yes, they do need the same difficulties as their namesake event. Otherwise why even have difficulty titles? If they want to jack up the nodes and make it ridiculous, then fine. Just call it Elder, or something else. Don’t compare it to epic difficulty which it’s clearly not. People who have completed 5.2 should at least have a chance to complete it if it’s Epic/UC. It’s a way to gauge how difficult content is supposed to be. You have multiple R5 5* which of course will make things easier for you. Not all uncollected players have that. This is not end game content it’s a side quest. End game content is Variant, LOL, and soon to be released Act 6. But I guess other people can’t voice their opinion if it doesn’t agree with you?

Your voicing your opinion and I'm voicing mine. I dont see the issue with that..

Epic imo should be above uncollected expert is uncollected or so I thought.
    It's always funny people say I'm shutting out your ability to speak when theres a post in this very thread that tells me I need to find a different game to enjoy because I disagree on things

Epic isn't necessarily supposed to be a higher level than uncollected. When we had the Epic EQ they called it epic because everyone over level 40 (or whatever it was) could join it whether or not they were uncollected. Same with these trials. They can't call it uncollected because collected people can attempt it. I don't have a problem with the difficulty but I don't think you can argue that the name Epic implies a higher level than uncollected.
    edited January 2019
    @ContestOfNoobs
    just because he got wrekt doesnt change a thing... I died once its a CHALLENGE i wasnt expecting to cruise thru it untouched. thats the point of a challenge to me is to have to focus and try. sometimes that doesnt work out.

@Drooped2

Ofcourse i accept all challenges,

Thats why i made this post, not sure if u seen it, but its a part 2 and part 1 is there for other timed content that people canot do it at the time it was released.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/106992/remember-not-all-content-is-made-to-be-finish-part-2/p1

I to find myself struggling before trying to 100% master mode back then, but thats the thing with this game. The more you play/grind the further you can progress

• Mike12867Mike12867 Posts: 477 ★★★
    I think this might be one of the fastest, if not the fastest with R5 Ghost....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WefIXlNI--0
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★

An that's why they have other difficulty levels in this quest apart from epic.

It's all about you

How things have changed. Plenty of times the majority have been saying something is ridiculous, this is when you spout of about things are meant to be a challenge an it's fine. Guess now your uncollected an get to experience this stuff the shoe is on the other foot now.

Why do you feel like you have to do epic ? kabam have clearly started its a new harder level for more skilled an end game players who find allmother stuff boring an easy.
    edited January 2019
    Jaffacaked wrote: »

It's all about you

How things have changed. Plenty of times the majority have been saying something is ridiculous, this is when you spout of about things are meant to be a challenge an it's fine. Guess now your uncollected an get to experience this stuff the shoe is on the other foot now.

Why do you feel like you have to do epic ? kabam have clearly started its a new harder level for more skilled an end game players who find allmother stuff boring an easy.

I myself sleep through uncollected, but @GroundedWisdom and i are both uncollected, yet 1 of has more knowledge of the game harder content wise,a much deeper roster, experience with very hard fights, and progression wise and uncollected since day 1.

But this is a reason why, newly uncollected people go make post on harder content just being to hard for them even though they think they can tackle it.

You wouldnt have chosen epic in the first place if you know u cant beat it BUT this being a “timed” content it obligates people to know that they will miss out on the best possible rewards.

Unlike varient and lol who arent “timed” content, you have the feeling “one” day you will complete it.

Todays trial like i said i only used 3 r5’s and less than handfull revives but other than that. It was wasnt too hard for me,

But then again you cant compare every uncollected player and put them on the same plate as me as i have....5+ 5* r5’s

This is why its called trial and error and progression.

It's all about you

My post was internet was lagging but i took s/s of it

@GroundedWisdom
    @Jaffacaked
    My opinions stated....
    h5ieh1mo9umu.jpeg

• JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★

It's all about you

@GroundedWisdom
    @Jaffacaked
    My opinions stated....
    h5ieh1mo9umu.jpeg

It's all about you

@GroundedWisdom
    @Jaffacaked
    My opinions stated....
    h5ieh1mo9umu.jpeg

Yeah people think as soon as they get uncollected it means they should be able to beat every uncollected or epic challenges. Someone brought up a really good point not long ago about people are easily becoming uncollected due to new powerful champs, but they haven't had the time to build skills to complete the content that follows. Like you said people hate to miss out on rewards.

The people these epic challenges are designed for people who have honed their skills an roster over a longer period of time. These new challenges are putting more importance on roster an strategies in fights an using the a the right champ.

Last Tuesday I rushed in brought the wrong team an totally forgot about the essence boosts, it's cost me a some revives to finish but was my own fault. This time I looked at all possible champs that I could face an brought a team to cover as much as I could. Remembered about the boost an got through it without an items used. Those boosts really help so much.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    I'd be overjoyed to see those matchups
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    I personally think it speaks volumes when even Grounded is complaining.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    I will challenge myself in new interesting ways by playing the game less. Thanks
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    cdw4ksb7qcza.jpg
    Sorry but again the top deserves to enjoy the game as well if you cant beat content then dont do it.

It really is that simple trying to remove other peoples enjoyment cause you arent ready is a terrible concept

Nobody is trying to remove your enjoyment. This is a daily side quest, so it should be enjoyable and not so stressful. Nobody is asking this to be 100 PI champs to steamroll. We are simply asking that fights go through some kind of QA and that RNG doesn’t dominate quests like it currently is. Where a minimum of 2/7 fights are completely based on RNG it is setting a very poor precedent and you would be foolish to think it doesn’t get worse. Kabam always gets carried away and runs with stuff like this.

We are all concerned with the state of the game and where things are headed. They are constantly adding (passive) unstoppable, unblockable and unavoidable damage nodes. Why even fight or do anything in this game? Might as well just roll a D20 and the game can decide whether or not we win.
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    I will challenge myself in new interesting ways by playing the game less. Thanks

Ok I'm fine with that. Dont play at all

The quitters attitude is probably why you dont enjoy this..

I am not the only one hating this content. Open your mind and stop being self centered. You like it. Fine. I dont. Most people dont. 99 percent of the player base to be exact.

Kabam must stop testing stuff with maxed 6 stars. In fact i think this content is not tested at all given the backlash they are getting even in youtube. Mods shows a video on how to do the content. I wont hold my breath waiting.
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    After week one, I went from epic to expert (which is a massive change in difficult imo). I completed the 6 days of epic the first time around, but I wasn't enjoying it and had to reach for more revives than I'd want for a daily quest. So I went down a level. The rewards for expert of course aren't as good, but they're still pretty good for 3 fairly simple fights.

The nodes in epic are designed to negate a lot of champion possibilities and really narrow who you can use and the strength of your roster. Expert you can steamroll with pretty much any 5* r4 and r3 (and prob easier).

I felt defeated at first, but the piece of mind is worth it.
    edited January 2019
    kfd2010 wrote: »
    After week one, I went from epic to expert (which is a massive change in difficult imo). I completed the 6 days of epic the first time around, but I wasn't enjoying it and had to reach for more revives than I'd want for a daily quest. So I went down a level. The rewards for expert of course aren't as good, but they're still pretty good for 3 fairly simple fights.

The nodes in epic are designed to negate a lot of champion possibilities and really narrow who you can use and the strength of your roster. Expert you can steamroll with pretty much any 5* r4 and r3 (and prob easier).

I felt defeated at first, but the piece of mind is worth it.

I have multiple 5/65 and 6 stars amd feel the same way. What is the skill on getting unavoidable damage? Remember those daus with challenges like coulson’s? Kabam has gone unrealistic and very sad to think enemies with 7+ nodes and unavoidable damage is really enjoyable.

I bet most mods cannot even complete one fight with 4/55 champs.

I am not the only one hating this content. Open your mind and stop being self centered. You like it. Fine. I dont. Most people dont. 99 percent of the player base to be exact.

Kabam must stop testing stuff with maxed 6 stars. In fact i think this content is not tested at all given the backlash they are getting even in youtube. Mods shows a video on how to do the content. I wont hold my breath waiting.

Im not the only one loving this content or enjoying it as it is.

Youtubers dont represent the community all that much I only watch 2 of them total. Mostly cause their streams line up with my best arena time so it's a nice backup entertainment

And never watch videos they make ever.

I really dont understand why people see difficult and come whine about it.. and say progression is needed

Guess what removing hard kills progression

What kind of progrssion you are talking about? Are you allucinating? 5 star shars? T2A shards ? Really lmao. You are the 1 percent bro.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    MabkaZuck wrote: »
    it is very easy if you u use all the boosts from this event

My encounter with an unstoppable Kingpin while I had those boosts on, proves that statement is false ..
    :(
    He trashed my team, and I wasn't about to spend to revive ... since he was only the 2nd encounter ..

oh . and I was only on Master ... O.o
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

Youtubers dont represent the community all that much I only watch 2 of them total. Mostly cause their streams line up with my best arena time so it's a nice backup entertainment

I really dont understand why people see difficult and come whine about it.. and say progression is needed

What kind of progrssion you are talking about? Are you allucinating? 5 star shars? T2A shards ? Really lmao. You are the 1 percent bro.

So what you’re indirectly saying is the 99% is complaining about content designed for the 1% because the 99% cannot handle it?

There are 4 other levels not designed for the 1% that the 99% can attempt. So why the complaining?
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    I’ve gone down a difficulty for the rest of the week, I’ll try epic on the alchemist day, but won’t ever make it past the first fight.

Yesterday’s was fun. I have a rank 4 Ice man, yay he’s immune to Mephisto....wait Mephisto immune to ice man.....he’s basically Olaf against Mephisto. 2 thousand hits to get him to that regen and hopefully it’s within the 20 minutes for the reverse regen boost to work
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Step 1: Enter the quest
    Step 2: Choose your team
    Step 3: Immediately hit the End quest button

This game is getting to ridiculous levels. The harder it gets the more my wallet constrict. It is a game and to the extent of the situation we are heading it is less enjoyable as months go by.

I am ok with he health pool, i am ok with the attack levels. It really disappoints me the fact that there are **** bodes with unavoidable damage.

fic54hbloebj.jpeg
    650xjebkcly5.jpeg

The funniest thing is that this is a basically a Boss Rush event but without the good rewards. ;)
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    xNig wrote: »

So what you’re indirectly saying is the 99% is complaining about content designed for the 1% because the 99% cannot handle it?

There are 4 other levels not designed for the 1% that the 99% can attempt. So why the complaining?

People cannot bring themselves to play a lower difficulty. They want the top to be brought down to fit them.

Entitled much
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    I propose a new comment rule in the forums.

If you claim "easy" on certain difficult content then provide the following:
    1. Screenshot of your champ line up shown IN the next Epic Trial.
    2. Don't just list what champs you used but the rank of your champs. The statement for instance, "It's easy with just my two champs" can easily mean you have r2 6* Rulk and r5 5* Domino in which case ALL content is easier for you and not necessarily a demonstration of greater skills at all.

I'm sure there's other considerations but starting with this would be helpful I think.