**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Best and fastest way to beat the trials in epic mode.

Comments

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,661 Guardian
    ezgoing wrote: »
    I don’t consider myself an endgame player. Getting there, but I have yet to try variant and LOL (and maybe I never will bother).

I find epic definitely hard, I can do 3 out of 7 days maybe. But I don’t complain about it. Why? Because the expert rewards are actually quite comparable. I remember modok’s lab - epic was hard too, but the expert rewards then were a joke, so I cleared epic everyday instead. Towards the end, it was really a grind and not that fun anymore - 35 days I think.

Epic modok lab was still doable because you can use randomizers to overcome bad RNG (unless u get the occasional korg who was brand new then). Not for this trials. But like I said rewards for expert level is decent.

That's exactly the problem I'm outlining. The second you start using the Rewards to justify amping up the difficulty factor, you null and void the significance of having different Difficulties to begin with. By that standard, you could make it LOL-level if you add enough Rewards. Defeats the purpose of having Difficulties to begin with.

I have no idea what this means. This sounds like everything I know about game design, translated into Bizarro-speak.
  • Options
    ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Oh well if you dont spend time you need to spend money to get new champs in arena. So far I dont believe you. Show proof of your so called skills. Super McOC player. I call myself average but you sir pretend to be the best McOC player here.

just look up seatin F2P account dude
    Whalemilker27

only has 4700 arena fights

@CapWW2
    varient final chapter FREE 2PLAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfX998H9-9g&index=5&list=PLorK3FKNjz2g1pVbcm6h6SQyqe1DBLN04

And what is the take??? Have you seen Seatin dying 20 times on the last trial of the dissatisfaction???

Like i said dude, Not every Account can be ready to take on the trials, he just happened to get dorm and an iceman

but i gave u clear evidence of how far a Free to play acocunt can get that barely did arena on top of that.

It may not be able to beat "all" the content but its doable to beat varient, who offers best rewards possible in the game.

And ? I am not free to play. Sometimes i spend. So far i might become F2P due to the push by the game of this nonsense.

Goiing on by what ur trying to point out here

"Oh well if you dont spend time you need to spend money to get new champs in arena. So far I dont believe you. Show proof of your so called skills. Super McOC player. I call myself average but you sir pretend to be the best McOC player here."
    "Not about that. It is about how many god tier you got and how deep your pocket is. The pocket is getting ridiculous!!!"

gave u how an account thats f2p and also doesnt do arena can get through content, especially varient.

but if epic difficulty was all same nodes/champions everyone would be going into epic mode knowing what expect from the trials
  • Options
    It has nothing to do with being angry that it can't be beaten. It has to do with increasing already-existing Difficulties. Some people can do it. That's not at all the point. The Rewards don't justify increasing the challenge factor of Epic to the point where it's no longer the Epic level we know. That's the point. People who are experienced are saying it's too far. What's the sense of having preset Difficulties if you're just going to make it as hard as you want and use the Rewards as a gauge?

If Kabam has to make up a different name for the top level of difficulty, even though they've already stated that the top level of difficulty is not aimed at a specific difficulty point but at the highest tier players in general, that addresses this issue but in a ridiculous way. It would be more efficient to say that "Epic" doesn't represent a specific level of consistent difficulty and players shouldn't expect it to. I don't.
  • Options
    ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★

Also here’s what I got, Memphisto to was prob the most annoying one, fighting through all his aura and it ws strong,
    tte69whis297.jpeg
    @CapWW2
  • Options
    MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    I stupidly forgot about the daily boosts the first time this quest came around. It was easy for me to do the lower three difficulties without the boosts. I got through a couple champs on epic with no boosts and rage quit the event.

This week, when I rang up the boosts and a 20% boost, epic was doable. I didn’t spend a dumb amount of items to do it.

Probably a team revive and 2 individual revives thrown in.
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    MMCskippy wrote: »
    I stupidly forgot about the daily boosts the first time this quest came around. It was easy for me to do the lower three difficulties without the boosts. I got through a couple champs on epic with no boosts and rage quit the event.

This week, when I rang up the boosts and a 20% boost, epic was doable. I didn’t spend a dumb amount of items to do it.

Probably a team revive and 2 individual revives thrown in

Good for you!
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    ezgoing wrote: »
    I don’t consider myself an endgame player. Getting there, but I have yet to try variant and LOL (and maybe I never will bother).

I find epic definitely hard, I can do 3 out of 7 days maybe. But I don’t complain about it. Why? Because the expert rewards are actually quite comparable. I remember modok’s lab - epic was hard too, but the expert rewards then were a joke, so I cleared epic everyday instead. Towards the end, it was really a grind and not that fun anymore - 35 days I think.

Epic modok lab was still doable because you can use randomizers to overcome bad RNG (unless u get the occasional korg who was brand new then). Not for this trials. But like I said rewards for expert level is decent.

That's exactly the problem I'm outlining. The second you start using the Rewards to justify amping up the difficulty factor, you null and void the significance of having different Difficulties to begin with. By that standard, you could make it LOL-level if you add enough Rewards. Defeats the purpose of having Difficulties to begin with.

I have no idea what this means. This sounds like everything I know about game design, translated into Bizarro-speak.

It means exactly what it means. Just because there is creative liberty with designing doesn't mean you should disregard the need for consistency in the level of content you're providing. Consistency that people depend on to gauge for themselves what they're capable of doing. There is none. I don't care if it's not "how design works", which is just a wordy way of saying they put out what they want, it's important for the experience of the consumer. What we have now is all over the place. One month Epic is easy, one month it's insane, one month it's reasonable, back to insane, and increasingly more difficult as we go along. People can't build experience and skill like that. "It's too hard for you this time, but maybe next time.". That's just mayhem. If you're going to set Difficulties with these things, they need to be within the same range each time. Otherwise you're just calling it what you want and making it easier or harder depending on what you're adding for Rewards. You don't agree that it needs to be consistent. We've had this conversation before. I disagree. The alternative is, "You complete what we want you to complete." , and that can change month to month, so people have no idea where they stand, and can't make proper decisions based on experience. Making it a limited entry for people to learn it's much harder than the previous Epic they know is, quite frankly, b***s***.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 wrote: »
    And again consistency is handled by the thing that says recommended team rating =x.

If it says 35k it's that hard
    999999m yup harder(except rol)
    20k easier..

Just highlights my point that it makes set Difficulties meaningless, as long as you post a recommended Rating, you can make it as hard as you want.
  • Options
    I don't care if it's not "how design works", which is just a wordy way of saying they put out what they want

"Consistency" is just a wordy way of saying you can't handle top tier content, so the game must bend to your will.

I see the advantage of using fewer words now. You don't need to actually think about what you type, and denigration conveys so much more directly. I can see why it is the option of choice for so many.
  • Options
    I don't care if it's not "how design works", which is just a wordy way of saying they put out what they want

"Consistency" is just a wordy way of saying you can't handle top tier content, so the game must bend to your will.

I see the advantage of using fewer words now. You don't need to actually think about what you type, and denigration conveys so much more directly. I can see why it is the option of choice for so many.

No Sir. This content is for rank 3 6 stars which we dont have.!

Do you remember how in Act 4 there was a 2 star champ eith 900 percent boost? Do you remember how fun that fight was?

No BS nodes, no randomness, no unavoidable damage.

How about the magneto fight with the regen?

How about the juggs fight or the venom fight?

They will limit you to use poison inmmune but no BS nodes. Challenging content back in the day. But enjoyable. Entering to s fight and losing 80 percent of your health due to unavoidable damage it us really counter productive.

Brooooo they are getting backlash since ice Phoenix, the community keeps telling them but they dont react.

We all are the game. We players give purpose to the game. If people keep quitting they will have no game. This is not a rant. I enjoy this game. I wanted to be better.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Do you remember how in Act 4 there was a 2 star champ eith 900 percent boost? Do you remember how fun that fight was?

They will limit you to use poison inmmune but no BS nodes. Challenging content back in the day. But enjoyable. Entering to s fight and losing 80 percent of your health due to unavoidable damage it us really counter productive.

Brooooo they are getting backlash since ice Phoenix, the community keeps telling them but they dont react.

We all are the game. We players give purpose to the game. If people keep quitting they will have no game. This is not a rant. I enjoy this game. I wanted to be better.

R3 6 stars? You yourself beat ot without that and no items sorry butndefested your own logic there

None of your writing respond to my several sentences. Additionally i did not ask you. I tagged DNA for a reason. If you have nothing consise to say about how I am reflecting how act 4 was when all we had was maxed 3 stars and some 4/40 4 stars comparing to this content and the level we are now just be quiet. Still waiting for proof of your do called skills. O wait you cannpt back it up right. Show us video proof fights in the last day of the trials.
  • Options

R3 6 stars? You yourself beat ot without that and no items sorry butndefested your own logic there

None of your writing respond to my several sentences. Additionally i did not ask you. I tagged DNA for a reason. If you have nothing consise to say about how I am reflecting how act 4 was when all we had was maxed 3 stars and some 4/40 4 stars comparing to this content and the level we are now just be quiet. Still waiting for proof of your do called skills. O wait you cannpt back it up right. Show us video proof fights in the last day of the trials.

I never claimed I was skilled not once ever have I said I was even good.
    But besides that you want me to produce video of content that was done yesterday somehow. Not sure how I'm supposed to provide video of content that's not available. Enlighten me?

I simply stated that I enjoyed the challenge of epic. Yes its a challenge but is very doable. You proved that yourself..

But no it's for r3 6 stars even tho you openly showed yourself beating it with less ...

You got two more weeks to showcase your skills.
  • Options
    5/65 blade

5/65 mephisto

5/65 Medusa

5/65 gladiator hulk

5/65 vision

This is the team needed to beat this challenge. I only have one of the 5 above.
  • Options

But besides that you want me to produce video of content that was done yesterday somehow. Not sure how I'm supposed to provide video of content that's not available. Enlighten me?

I simply stated that I enjoyed the challenge of epic. Yes its a challenge but is very doable. You proved that yourself..

But no it's for r3 6 stars even tho you openly showed yourself beating it with less ...

Again never said I had skills in fact i blatantly said it in that post I enjoy the challenge nowhere does it say I'm good. I die I revive and finish up.

Enjoying a challenge to me means it's hard not that I can breeze thru it

This means a lof of cord and little dynamite. 😂 this means you use lots of resources to complete this challenge. Is it ok? Maybe you like to revive as needed. This aint about skill. It is about having the right champs for each match or you get wipe out. Is it hard ? Yes. What makes it harder? The BS nodes and the randomness of the enemies.

It is all a hook up to get u to use resources.

I enjoyed Act 4 and it took me a long time when my only God tier was DS 4/40 unduped. I enjoy the game. Enemies with larger attack and health and some reasonable nodes.

Now we have enemies with 7 plus BS nodes and ridiculous attack and health.
  • Options

Again never said I had skills in fact i blatantly said it in that post I enjoy the challenge nowhere does it say I'm good. I die I revive and finish up.

This means a lof of cord and little dynamite. 😂 this means you use lots of resources to complete this challenge. Is it ok? Maybe you like to revive as needed. This aint about skill. It is about having the right champs for each match or you get wipe out. Is it hard ? Yes. What makes it harder? The BS nodes and the randomness of the enemies.

I enjoyed Act 4 and it took me a long time when my only God tier was DS 4/40 unduped. I enjoy the game. Enemies with larger attack and health and some reasonable nodes.

I used 2 revives no heals. Hardly alot.of resources 1 was a 20 percent revive to finish up. I like to improve my skills I cant do that with easy mind numbing content.

You can my friend. Just do expert with 4 stars. Do uncollected with 4 stars.

If you want more challenge do the above with 3 stars.

If tou want even more challenge do expert with 2 stars like some people I have seen in youtube. Do ROL with 3 stars for fun or Road to the Labyrinth with 3 stars like I did. Your argument is flawed.
  • Options

I don't think so. Regardless of whether you think the content is too difficult or just right, most of the difficulty of the content isn't specifically related to how much health we have or how much attack we have, which are the only two things that are going to change when we rank up our rank 2s to rank 3s. You can simulate that by popping some normal attack, health, or champion boosts. Most of the difficulty is coming from combinations of nodes and specific champ abilities that greatly narrow the options players have to complete the content absent extremely high skill levels.

That's not to say that having rank 3s wouldn't make the content easier: of course having higher health and attack is always better. But I don't think the content is specifically designed for rank 3s. The right 4/55s would do better than a random team of 6* 3/45s.

Also, if I knew which champs were going to be on which nodes *before* I entered the map, I think the maps would be far easier. Definitely easier for me, and almost certainly easier for the players with rosters at least a deep as mine if not far more expansive. Honestly, I think the devs had a brain malfunction and designed content in which they simultaneously said "lets make each node a puzzle so the players have to work out what the best options are to take on each champ on each node" and *also* said "and let's make the map configuration a surprise." I'm sure it sounded like a good idea at the time, but that's actually completely ridiculous when you think about it for more than ten seconds.
  • Options
    5/65 blade

5/65 mephisto

5/65 Medusa

5/65 gladiator hulk

5/65 vision

I've been using 5/65 Blade, 5/65 Void, 4/55 Iceman, 4/55 OG Vision, and 1/25 (6*) Sabretooth. So far I've beaten every day, but not without some potion use. I would say that Epic with that team is right at the absolute limits of what I can take on when I get a bad but not horrible random selection of enemies, without simply spending my way past the content.
  • Options

I used 2 revives no heals. Hardly alot.of resources 1 was a 20 percent revive to finish up. I like to improve my skills I cant do that with easy mind numbing content.

You can my friend. Just do expert with 4 stars. Do uncollected with 4 stars.

If you want more challenge do the above with 3 stars.

If tou want even more challenge do expert with 2 stars like some people I have seen in youtube. Do ROL with 3 stars for fun or Road to the Labyrinth with 3 stars like I did. Your argument is flawed.

Lol so.if I want a challenge I should let be allowed to play what I earned as champs because people like you want easy rewards and for challenge to be removed..

Just another screw you minority I'm what's important post make it all about ME.

Again something for everyone. Dont like epic dont do epic. Not sure why your so against other people enjoying content the way it was designed

I never said I want easy rewards. I like challenging content but not ridiculous unrealistic content.

I never said I want epic removed. Bad designed content. Too many excessive nodes with unavoidable damage.

Again this is not about ME. A bigger percentage dislake the content. You are in the minority.

I am giving you optiona on how you can make any content a challenge. This is not your interest. You just want to talk nonsense and pick up arguments.
  • Options
    5/65 blade

5/65 mephisto

5/65 Medusa

5/65 gladiator hulk

5/65 vision

I've been using 5/65 Blade, 5/65 Void, 4/55 Iceman, 4/55 OG Vision, and 1/25 (6*) Sabretooth. So far I've beaten every day, but not without some potion use. I would say that Epic with that team is right at the absolute limits of what I can take on when I get a bad but not horrible random selection of enemies, without simply spending my way past the content.

Good team bro. I used 5/65 blade 5/65 SL 6 star red hulk 6 star nebula 6 star Void. I spend very few resources the first week. The second week I am just not motivated. The fights are no fun.
  • Options
    they give you boosts that counter alot of the ****..

I haven't really stopped to think about why in a quantitative way, but I honestly don't notice the boosts in this iteration of the trials like I did in the previous iteration. In the previous version, the boosts were very powerful and while you couldn't sleep walk your way through the content you were basically a demi-god destroying the content on day seven if you saved up all of the boosts and used them all at once. That seemed to be an interesting reward for not using them during the week and deliberately doing the daily maps in hard mode. In this iteration, I lost all the boosts during the server double-maintenance and when the server came back up I just went back in and completed the map. I kinda noticed they were gone, but not really. Admittedly that was expert on my secondary account, but I don't really notice them in the same way I did in the previous iteration on my main account in Epic either.

On the subject of something for everyone, a game design philosophy I've supported for years, I think the boosts were a good element of that in the previous trials. It gave players a way to "shuffle" difficulty around, allowing them to work harder in the earlier maps to save up the boosts for the hardest map. The fact that they don't seem to be subjectively working in the same way might be part of the reason there are more complaints about this version, separate from the obvious bump upward in difficulty.

I don't mind failure, if I can learn something from that failure. But the trials aren't giving me a way to improve. If the team I'm using fails, I'm just going to use it again next week because I have no real choice. I can't adapt to the map, because it will be different anyway. I can't learn what works against a certain node/champ combination, because I won't face it again. In the words of Kabam's developers, I have very few opportunities for counterplay. That might be a source of frustration that should be improved upon, regardless of difficulty.