**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Blade.

I wasn't here for the release of Blade. I was on my 2 year break.
I have some major questions and concerns. Not about his synergies effecting villians, mystic, deminsionals, etc abilities, but the ability to effect a node ability. The node is not part of the champion. You could put Joe Dirt there and the ability would still be happening.
Why would yall allow this? I don't understand the fact that he can change the dynamics of a node, which is a separate entity then the champion placed.
Any help would be great. I really don't agree with his synergy changing the features of nodes.
Thanks again

Comments

• SilentKissSilentKiss Posts: 138
    This is not related to blade at all. Turning off nodes is something that literally any champion can do since nodes exist in the game.
    Any champion that can reduce ability accuracy, like BW or Quake, or even the pacify mastery.

Didn't know belw and quake had 40% chance to turn poison off on node.. good to know
    I'm not mad or hating just don't understand. I just want clarity on this. I have the Trinity. Blade is fun. I just like to understand why.. I know it doesn't have to make sense, but .... Again 2017 can have their post back if anyone can add clarity to this.
    @will-o-wisp ty for trying but turning bleed, poison, healblock off from a node seems different that bw or quake
    This is not related to blade at all. Turning off nodes is something that literally any champion can do since nodes exist in the game.

He just wants to get in on the #NerfBlade marathon. But it seems he's been living under a rock, since he doesn't realize that topic has been old news for almost 10 months.

No, don't want him nerfed.. they won't Nerf him after all the $$$ dropped. I want to know why!
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    SilentKiss wrote: »
    I'm not mad or hating just don't understand. I just want clarity on this. I have the Trinity. Blade is fun. I just like to understand why.. I know it doesn't have to make sense, but .... Again 2017 can have their post back if anyone can add clarity to this.
    @will-o-wisp ty for trying but turning bleed, poison, healblock off from a node seems different that bw or quake

That's because Blade enters the fight instantly reducing Ability Accuracy. With most, you need to do something after the fight has started to reduce Ability Accuracy.
    With say AA, you need to get Nero's up. X-Bones, need to get Fury. Voodoo, need an odd combo. Gwenpool, need 50+ hit combo. Quake, need to charge your heavy.

With Blade, you don't need to do s***. Instant -50% Accuracy.

This. All the others can affect nodes as well, like arc overlod nodes for example, but none of them have ability accuracy reduction active at the start of the fight. Magneto’s is active at the start of the fight against metallic opponents, but who really uses Magneto enough to see it often lol. Domino’s ability accuracy reduction specifically states that it has no effect on abilities that trigger at the start of the fight. Even BW’s only applies to her attacks. This is why Blade happens to be the only one to affect poison/bleed nodes, but he isn’t the only one that can affect nodes at all.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Any champion that can reduce ability accuracy, like BW or Quake, or even the pacify mastery.

Didn't know belw and quake had 40% chance to turn poison off on node.. good to know

Any champion can do the same if under the right circunstances.
    Like it was answered before, Blade starts the fight immediately reducing ability accuracy. If BW or Quake started the fight doind the same, then both would also be able to shut down nodes like that
    Kenny292 wrote: »

That's because Blade enters the fight instantly reducing Ability Accuracy. With most, you need to do something after the fight has started to reduce Ability Accuracy.
    With say AA, you need to get Nero's up. X-Bones, need to get Fury. Voodoo, need an odd combo. Gwenpool, need 50+ hit combo. Quake, need to charge your heavy.

With Blade, you don't need to do s***. Instant -50% Accuracy.

This. All the others can affect nodes as well, like arc overlod nodes for example, but none of them have ability accuracy reduction active at the start of the fight. Magneto’s is active at the start of the fight against metallic opponents, but who really uses Magneto enough to see it often lol. Domino’s ability accuracy reduction specifically states that it has no effect on abilities that trigger at the start of the fight. Even BW’s only applies to her attacks. This is why Blade happens to be the only one to affect poison/bleed nodes, but he isn’t the only one that can affect nodes at all.

Thank you.
  • MultiManagerMultiManager Posts: 30
    I'd really like to awaken my 5* Blade please, also don't change him, if anything, he needs to have an extra synergy with a 5* Scarlet Witch which increases her Crit Ability along with 5* Dr Strange
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★

GP/BW can reduce ability accuracy and can do the same as blade. Stark spider can taunt a all or nothing node to use a sp1 or 2. Tons and tons of examples.
  • Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 459 ★★
    I used archangel to disable the brawl node in the recent trial. Blade's shutting down nodes seems special because he does it at the start, but the mechanic is definitely there for other champs too
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    February 2017 just called. It wants its post back...

Funny... You did read he was on a 2 year break from the game, right?
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★

He just wants to get in on the #NerfBlade marathon. But it seems he's been living under a rock, since he doesn't realize that topic has been old news for almost 10 months.

Old news... Well for someone like OP stating that he's been on a 2 year break it might be new news.. right? :smiley: Another observation might be that taking a break from indulging in a game for 2 years mean he has in fact been having a life, instead of living under the MCOC rock.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    edited January 2019
    If this post is the result of a 2 year break, I totally understand it. Blade's danger sense is constant, higher % than a current BW if he has synergies, and you don't have to do ANYTHING to trigger danger sense.

I don't know many champions that can shut down nodes at the beginning of a fight. Magneto as previously mentioned, and blade come to mind.

Most other AAR champs affect accuracy by doing/applying something (neurotoxins) or the accuracy is applied on hits (sabretooth, bw). These also affect nodes, but we see them as not 100%, and affects a node's single output, not the node's total effect over a full fight.

Worded like a "nerf blade" post, but totally understandable
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    Just curious you posted months ago about GR blade with heimdall synergy so you had to know about danger sense so why post about it now?
    DL864 wrote: »
    Just curious you posted months ago about GR blade with heimdall synergy so you had to know about danger sense so why post about it now?

Didn't have blade months ago.. haha. But someone here explained it alrdy. Wasn't looking for non sense or people thinking he need Nerf. I did say I didn't agree but with ability reduction Beginning of fight explanation it makes sense and I see why and agree. I want to test Magneto out on it now.

And looked thru previous post. I don't see anything about gr, blade, Heimdall..
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    Pretty sure people were using magneto at times to turn off arc overload and other things back in the days of Act IV. The mechanic of turning off a node has existed long before blade was introduced. Keep in mind though when someone uses blade on a poison or bleed node they have one shot at turning off node - typically around 1/2 the time it fails and they still get the bleed / poison.
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Midnite93 wrote: »
    He is good but not 100% perfect and 2019 will have far stronger champions coming the Thing was only the beginning!

Blade destroys Thing...
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★

And looked thru previous post. I don't see anything about gr, blade, Heimdall..

They removed ssof the post were you reference it. So I guess I’m not allowed to post that.so here ya go y4srnrrabhm7.jpeg
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Like it’s been stated before, AAR champs can affect nodes. It’s always been that way. AA, CB, Quake, BW, etc can bypass thorns/spiked armor/biohazard. Blade just has the ability to have it at the start of the fight instead of needing to do something to trigger it.