**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Act 4 Energy Reduction

Oh so now that you have more new players joining the game they get to complete Act 4 using less energy, that’s nice 🙄 what about all of us that did it when it was 50% more energy than it will be now? Will we get that energy back?

Comments

• antazorantazor Posts: 4
    @TankRT83 for all your hard work, Kabam will gift you 2 energy refills.
  • TankRT83TankRT83 Posts: 109
    Yeah, what a joke
    BDVM wrote: »
    Reducing the cost of ACT 4 energy movement permanently, increasing the ease upon which more people will gain competitive rosters without properly compensating the summoners who have already completed Act 4 using units to buy large energy refills (getting 2 LER from Kabam is NOT appropriate compensation), only further validates to me how Kabam does not appreciate the foundation of players/customers who have already spent money on this game. Because of this Act 4 energy reduction announcement, I will no longer spend any money on this game. Kabam seems eager to take my money but then laughs in my face with sweeping game changes that help new players tremendously. I’m done spending. Welcome to my Ted Talk.

Precisely @BDVM
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    TankRT83 wrote: »
    Oh so now that you have more new players joining the game they get to complete Act 4 using less energy, that’s nice 🙄 what about all of us that did it when it was 50% more energy than it will be now? Will we get that energy back?

Are you planning on giving all the rewards from Act 4 plus all the rewards gained from using Act 4 rewards in exchange for that energy? Because there's an easy way to make that trade: start a new account.
    Reducing the cost of ACT 4 energy movement permanently, increasing the ease upon which more people will gain competitive rosters without properly compensating the summoners who have already completed Act 4 using units to buy large energy refills (getting 2 LER from Kabam is NOT appropriate compensation), only further validates to me how Kabam does not appreciate the foundation of players/customers who have already spent money on this game. Because of this Act 4 energy reduction announcement, I will no longer spend any money on this game. Kabam seems eager to take my money but then laughs in my face with sweeping game changes that help new players tremendously. I’m done spending. Welcome to my Ted Talk.

Well, it doesn't tell me that at all, so sometimes you can't please everyone. Apparently today's not your day. But since you said you stopped spending money a few weeks ago, it fortunately isn't too big of a loss.
  • Wordy12Wordy12 Posts: 208
    edited January 2019
    Honestly if kabam took the time and figured out how much energy we are owed, it would be like 50 refills
    Wordy12 wrote: »
    Honestly if kabam took the time and figured out how much energy we are owed, it would be like 50 refills

Actually, when I factor in the level most players run Act 4, energy timers, cap differences, simultaneous running content, and the relative speed at which players can run Act 4, I calculate the amount of energy we are owed as zero, plus or minus a few percent.
  • StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★
    Drooped2 wrote: »
    Last week I brought a tank of gas at Shell, & it just so happens that the price went down & it’s now 20% cheaper. Worst part is, I asked for my cash back & the turned me away. How rude! #CashGrab! #ShellIsRippingMeOff!

Lol this post is so dumb. If Prices drop... we all need our stuff back 😂🤣😂

Gas is actually an even better comparison then mine well done.

I won’t even get into iPhones... the prices on those drop DRASTICALLY over time.
  • NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    You NEED to have a way for newer people joining to catch up. This is needed or the game will get stale with the same people up at the top. It's an understandable move.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★

50%......? 3 energy down to 2 energy....= you are bad at math.
    What’s half of 2 @Demonzfyre?
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

In fairness, the old cost is 50% more than what it is now. It is now 33% less than it was.

However, the correct comparison if anyone is complaining is to compare your cost to the new cost. My cost was three, their cost is two, their cost is 33% less than mine. Comparing their cost to my cost is their perspective not mine.
  • BDVMBDVM Posts: 67
    So heres the question.

You went to Walmart a few months back and bought something.

It's now gone down in price does Walmart owe you the difference?
    Of course not and they would laugh at you for asking.
    So tell me why you think kabam owes you

Actually, many reputable retail stores DO give you money back when prices drop on a product. You take your product receipt into the store and they happily give you money back. Your response to my statement suggests that you have not yet experienced the struggle of earning money, which many people spend on this game. Everyone in this thread who trivializes the concept of a virtual product that is owned by a company that feels it can adjust pricing that has a sweeping effect on how it affects its player base is in my opinion either naive, ignorant or complicit in its true intent to garner more profit at the expensive of existing clients.
  • BDVMBDVM Posts: 67
    NiteAndDae wrote: »
    You NEED to have a way for newer people joining to catch up. This is needed or the game will get stale with the same people up at the top. It's an understandable move.

I don’t disagree that when the climate of the game or product changes, that it necessitates the need to change the cost of something. What I do disagree with is the blatant disrespect of the existing clients/customers who still play the game by not appropriately reimbursing them for this investment/cost. Lets not even get into the fact that this product is virtual and doesnt require real world money compensation.
    Everyone in this thread who trivializes the concept of a virtual product that is owned by a company that feels it can adjust pricing that has a sweeping effect on how it affects its player base is in my opinion either naive, ignorant or complicit in its true intent to garner more profit at the expensive of existing clients.

If those are my only choices, I'm going to have to go with complicity.

This is a change that hurts no one, helps newer players progress in the game, improves engagement, rebalances the energy costs in what is now the mid game in a way players have commented on repeatedly over time, and is entirely consistent with the current reward structure at those levels. Rarely do you get a chance to make a change like that, which is all upside and no objective downside. Knowing that people will complain about anything, I would have voted for this change without hesitation.

I would also consider anyone claiming that Kabam was obviously trying to make more money by making something cheaper to do to be just plain silly. If everything they do to increase costs is greed and everything they do to decrease costs is greed, that makes the entire accusation of greed completely meritless.

You can't make everyone happy nor should anyone try. But if I have to pick a side, I'm happy to pick the side that isn't completely nuts. And I'm confident there are enough long term veterans who think likewise that I will be in perfectly fine company.

To play a game like this, you have to want the game to improve over time and you have to be happy for the newer players who will often get the benefit of those improvements that you did not have the opportunity to benefit from, because you were there first. If you can't do that, you're a detriment to the long term health of the playerbase and eventually the game will evolve into something you can't stand. And there's no way to stop it.
    So heres the question.

You went to Walmart a few months back and bought something.

It's now gone down in price does Walmart owe you the difference?
    Of course not and they would laugh at you for asking.
    So tell me why you think kabam owes you

Actually, many reputable retail stores DO give you money back when prices drop on a product. You take your product receipt into the store and they happily give you money back. Your response to my statement suggests that you have not yet experienced the struggle of earning money, which many people spend on this game. Everyone in this thread who trivializes the concept of a virtual product that is owned by a company that feels it can adjust pricing that has a sweeping effect on how it affects its player base is in my opinion either naive, ignorant or complicit in its true intent to garner more profit at the expensive of existing clients.

Usually 30 days. Not 3+ years.

What? Its being reduced from 3 to 2. That's not 50%.
    DNA3000 wrote: »

In fairness, the old cost is 50% more than what it is now. It is now 33% less than it was.

However, the correct comparison if anyone is complaining is to compare your cost to the new cost. My cost was three, their cost is two, their cost is 33% less than mine. Comparing their cost to my cost is their perspective not mine.

Was it ever 4 per step?
    Ok

What? Its being reduced from 3 to 2. That's not 50%.

Ok @Demonzfyre I can see I’m going to have to explain this to you, I’m sorry I don’t have any crayons so it may be hard for you to keep up, when you take 2 and divide it by Half you get 1, and as we know (wel I don’t know if you do) Half of something is 50%, and when you add that 1 which is 50% of 2, to 2 you get 3, were you able to keep up?
This discussion has been closed.