**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Variant 1.3 Double IMIW Path

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
Any suggestions or tactics for tackling the two IMIWs on this particular path? Nodes are bleed/poison immunity and Force of Will.

I’d appreciate any advice before I throw teams in and see what happens. IMIW is a special Achilles Heel for me, but I now have a 4* version that should help me understand how he works a little better.

Thank you in advance.

Dr. Zola

Comments

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    Variant restricts class to mutant or skill. So of those, KM is a possibility (I do have an unawakened 4*).

Dr. Zola
    edited January 2019
    Drooped2 wrote: »
    Kilmonger ,domino otherwise just gotta play slow to keep armors away best you can

Hated that path

Yep. Just testing that now. Pain-ful.

No Domino here. Remember, I’m the guy who doesn’t get 2018 champs. Guessing the Cyke Bros, Falcon and OML won’t be helping me here.

Dr. Zola
    edited January 2019
    WS 5* is what I’m trying now, but didn’t bring KM. So probably just a test run for now. With 4* it’s going to take some pots.

Dr. Zola
    edited January 2019
    Masacre and a lot of time

Sure. That 3* login Masacre should do the trick, right? :#

Appreciate the suggestion, seriously. It’s not a simple path, and it’s further complicated by who I have to use.

Dr. Zola
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    Killmonger with the Winter Soldier synergy is worth noting. It won't help with the bleed immunity but with this synergy KM can get true strike from intercepting, which will help you have it up more often to get through IMIW's armor. And not have to worry about the auto block.

A stacked winter solider with this synergy could also work, if you can maintain the combo. Get your combo up and focus on launching l2's with incineration ammo active.
    edited January 2019
    TKS87 wrote: »
    Killmonger with the WS is worth noting. It won't help with the bleed immunity but with this synergy KM can get true strike from intercepting, which will help you have it up more often to get through IMIW's armor. And not have to worry about the auto block.

A stacked winter solider with this synergy could also work, if you can maintain the combo. Get your combo up and focus on launching l2's with incineration ammo active.

That’s what I tried just now, but without the synergy. He helps a lot, even so. Figure that’s my best alternative given who I have. Also tried GwenPool’s incinerate to some effect. Still pretty sloggy though.

Dr. Zola
    edited January 2019
    How does someone like Elektra fare as a IMIW closer here? Problem of course is Force of Will neuters AAR, as well as bleed immunity (and even if you had Resonate, still Force of Will nixes her AAR).

But her closing crit hits passive at 15% health. Wonder if this is helpful or not? And Sp1 AB?

kgcyqf7oajua.png

Dr. Zola
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    I used km with we synergy and buckled down for a long fight but times. Just remember until to really figure out what ur doing energy refills are cheaper than revives
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    Blade - just regen throughout fight. Slow but effective
    edited January 2019
    belli300 wrote: »
    I used km with we synergy and buckled down for a long fight but times. Just remember until to really figure out what ur doing energy refills are cheaper than revives

That’s always a good approach and my rule for all of variant. No reason to get too eager and lose sight of the goal.

But it sounds like KM is my answer with WS synergy.

Dr. Zola
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Mitchell35 wrote: »
    Medusa? Corvus? Ghost? Killmonger?

Skill mutant only chapter 1

Ah brain fart sorry
    Electra? Armor breaks on sp1 and 2. Slightly alternative but possibly effective.
    The problem I see with AB champs like Elektra (and even Rags Sp2) is I suspect it will only remove one Armor buff. Haven’t tried either yet, but it merits testing. And there’s not many who can counter the annoying power gain at 15% health that I’m aware of.

Dr. Zola
    Medusa? Corvus? Ghost? Killmonger?

Skill mutant only chapter 1

Ah brain fart sorry

Soooo wish it was as easy as Medusa. Or Proxima. Got those ladies in spades.

Dr. Zola
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Karnak if ud Can get the fouce op he crt alot more and the figth dont last for ever and ge hav trus strike to Not the Best. But that one to
    If the armors more of a problem I’d go with an armor break champ. If it’s the power gain, so power control like psylocke. But you can’t have your cake and eat it too.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    I used my 6* WS with the KM synergy for most of Variant. He hits hard after you build a combo, so just buckle up and go for it if you can.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Electra? Armor breaks on sp1 and 2. Slightly alternative but possibly effective.

Dude just stop. You've obviously not don't variant. An imiw is not bleed immune so won't get armour broken.

Gp works if you have her, that's who I used. It's a fairly long fight but definitely doable. Be easier to know who you have in your roster for skill\mutant
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    Thankfully I recently pulled WS 5 star and took him to r3. And r4ed km 5 star. Feeling lucky now. Although both unduped. Just explored the uncollected. Also having explored act 5 last month, I think I'll start variant now. Wish me luck friends.

If anyone has any tips for chapter 1.1 , I'll be grateful.

Thankyou and good luck to all.
    Domino is very good too. Build to a sp3 an use it when imiw has no armor on him he'll bleed. Very handy to do that just before she gets to 15%, if your combo is high enough he'll just bleed out the crest of his health
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    Domino is very good too. Build to a sp3 an use it when imiw has no armor on him he'll bleed. Very handy to do that just before she gets to 15%, if your combo is high enough he'll just bleed out the crest of his health

Except he has a bleed immune node
    Lol your right, used that for the other imiw in ch1. Domino sp2 still really good damage if you can get luck\unluck
    edited January 2019
    Jaffacaked wrote: »

Actually, I threw out Elektra as a possible option because her Sp1 deals armor break to bleed immune champs (see my screen shot above). What I wasn’t sure of was the effect of a node-based bleed immunity, which 1.2 IWIM has in addition to poison immunity and Force of Will on those nodes.

And I agree Domino would be great for Variant. But I don’t think my 3* will cut it, which is why I’m trying to build around Blade, GwenPool, WS and a handful of mutants before dropping into 4* champs. On a very sloppy test run it’s enough to get past the first IWIM (second node on that path) but I need to play better to avoid eating pots.

Which was the original point of this thread...what are the best options for 1.2 IWIM in the skill-mutant class to minimize item use?

To recap...at 5/6* level, none of the 2018 skill/mutant champs (KM, Domino, ST). Don’t own them.

Available: Unawakened 5* GwenPool, awakened Blade 5*, awakened WS 5*, 5* Rogue, X23, AA, Psylocke. 6* KP and Thor Rags (neither 6* my first option, unless someone knows something they’d be willing to share).

4* KM and Karnak. No Domino or Masacre at 4* level.

Should be enough for sure, but a little trickier without a 5* true strike champ. When in doubt, take Blade and Gwen, boost and power through. Hope for the best but plan for lag and bad pRNG.

Dr. Zola
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    5* Falcon. Lock-on!

(No I’m not trolling you.)
    edited January 2019
    xNig wrote: »
    5* Falcon. Lock-on!

(No I’m not trolling you.)

:D:D:D if only...got him duped, of course!! Those cool specs...will give it a try.

Dr. Zola