**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What rank up decision did you make that went against popular opinion?

Comments

• Options
    Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    Immortal wrote: »
    s07tr6xfxpja.jpeg

Total regret... completely useless. Thanks K.

I want to see him in action.
  • Options
    gauravtheslayergauravtheslayer Posts: 103
    edited January 2019
    Took wasp to r4/55
    And used generic awakening gem
  • Options
    spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Took wasp to r4/55
    And used generic awakening gem

Good for you. She's an absolute beast, and a terrific war boss to boot.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★
    Five star Unawakened Kingpin to 4/55. Still finding new opponents/situations he's awesome against.

Current favourite use - empathic lock pathway in Uncollected EQ. Three non-damaging buffs at the start of the match, for (approximately) a 100% Attack bonus? Thanks very much!
  • Options
    ManfréaBolgenManfréaBolgen Posts: 139
    I awakened nightcrawler lol
  • Options
    Karuseus wrote: »
    No one can outpass me for i have took my sentry to r3, intend on r4 him, used science gem on him and 99stones, when i have void sitting in the box
    My alliance mates told me i am insane, but oh well lol

You are, and I like it. lol.
  • Options
    Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    I also know a guy in my alliance who’s first 5/65 was Symbiote Spidey, he chose him over the likes of Void and (I think) Blade. He really enjoyed playing him really knew how, I got a lot of respect for that guy.
  • Options
    RunamokUSARunamokUSA Posts: 369 ★★★
    I like hearing these! I almost ranked my 5* Loki to R3 before I caught myself
  • Options
    dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    Took my sig 100 5* hypy to r5 back in the Aegon/Champion EQ, which isnt too crazy. Used him to finish 100% act 5.

Now with those 2 t5b in hand, after we get that t2a from tonight's login, ill take my sig 80ish 5* x23 to r5 as well on the next levelup event. (Naturally, we just had one YESTERDAY...)

That's where many on this forum would say but domino/omega!. And sure, if i had them at r4 5*, duh. But i dont have either. And even I did, i dont have the t4cc income to take them to r3, r4, then r5.

And then ill use both of them to run easy LoL path for the t2a's to r4 my 5* Void. Which is again, pretty standard rankup
  • Options
    RunamokUSA wrote: »

I have my 5* Loki at r3. Here's very useful in the right situation.
  • Options
    dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I ranked up unawakened Void to rank 4. Popular opinion seems to be that he's not particularly great unawakened. I can see why, but I don't regret it for a number of reasons. I have a much better understanding of Void's pros and cons having ranked him up early and used him often. For example, not many people talk about how much better than average Void's heavy attack is when fighting problematic or unblockable champs. Petrify and FotV are not his only tools.

I have Void at about sig 80, and other than his avengers synergy, quite frankly, it is rare that a fight lasts long enough for FotV to actually kick in, even in UC fights.

It almost feels like spending those stones was a waste.
  • Options
    Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    Dormammu to 5 star r4 n awaken him with stone
  • Options
    dkatryl wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I ranked up unawakened Void to rank 4. Popular opinion seems to be that he's not particularly great unawakened. I can see why, but I don't regret it for a number of reasons. I have a much better understanding of Void's pros and cons having ranked him up early and used him often. For example, not many people talk about how much better than average Void's heavy attack is when fighting problematic or unblockable champs. Petrify and FotV are not his only tools.

I have Void at about sig 80, and other than his avengers synergy, quite frankly, it is rare that a fight lasts long enough for FotV to actually kick in, even in UC fights.

It almost feels like spending those stones was a waste.

My 5/65 void is sig 200. Almost never see fotv, but when I do, wowza!
  • Options
    The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    RunamokUSA wrote: »

I have my 5* Loki at r3. Here's very useful in the right situation.

I use my 6* in AQ map 5
    He's great against Ultrons and King Groot's.
    Anyone with buffs really, he destroys Medusa
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    My first r5 4* came to mind. Superior Iron Man, though it was back at March 2017 and idk if he was still an unpopular choice back then. It was back at the v12.0 update and he helped me a lot but got ranked down at December 2017 because I had no longer use for him and wanted to rank up some few cosmics as well.
  • Options
    Esket1t_420Esket1t_420 Posts: 548 ★★★
    I took a 5* Netflix daredevil to r5
  • Options
    Dark89PhoenixDark89Phoenix Posts: 166
    I took my 5* Korg to rank 4 over my rank 3 5* Corvus...he's just so much more fun to play with in my opinion
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    everytime i dont rank up my blade and choose someone else it's an unpopular decision, i get crucified for it from some people in my alliance
  • Options
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    Used a generic awakening gem on hyperion and ranked him 5/65 before taking up my duped blade. Don't regret it because Hype is all around great.

How is that unpopular? Hype is the best champ in this game! wouldnt trade my 5/65 for 3 other champs of my choosing

There was a time when it was an unpopular decision. And I agree with your sentiment 1000%.
  • Options
    SolvseusSolvseus Posts: 77
    Ranked up my Shulk because she was my first duped 4*. Not as bad as everyone says. I’ve ranked up some 2s and 3s just for arena synergies.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Marri_2 wrote: »
    I'm considering selling my useless 4* to have enough 5* shards for the Dhampir crystal

This is a perfectly legitimate reason to sell 4*s. Make sure they are 3/30 for good shards, preferably not high sig, and be OK with disappointment if you don't get him. It's a 20% chance but I went 0-14 or 0-16 on those 20% chance crystals. I know people who were like 10-16 so I was the regression to the mean lol
  • Options
    ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Back when act v was released...

I 100% it before aw season 1,
    Used my generic on starky vs alot of people r5 blade.
    Theres was just way to many of them.

He carried me through aw season 1-4
    made masters and was my main attacker.

Hurted my presrige alittle because starky had such a low prestige and didnt bring it up that high.

Now we are here, and despite the fact alot of people first r5 when they 100% act v was blade.

I now have 5 r5 5*, i would have over 10k prestige if i chosen blade instead who
    is r4 200sig.

But ill have my 6th soon, and definely can get my prestige to replace starky
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I also know a guy in my alliance who’s first 5/65 was Symbiote Spidey, he chose him over the likes of Void and (I think) Blade. He really enjoyed playing him really knew how, I got a lot of respect for that guy.

I need a pic of that one, I really need to see it lol.
    I took a 5* Netflix daredevil to r5

And a pic of this too please, I can't believe it until I see it.
    P. S: kudos to you both.
  • Options
    RC51RC51 Posts: 194
    For me, I ranked up Wolverine over Archangel because I still rely on regeneration due to my modest skill set. Many said it was crazy but I haven’t regretted it at all.

What’s your rank up decision that defied popular opinion?

CM. Once I pulled her for the 13th time, I said f*ck it and pulled the trigger.

rqwvpt2v96e6.png