**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

CHAMPION BUG REPORT - Immortal Iron Fist FYDG

Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
Description of Bug: Immortal Iron Fist’s Signature Ability Armor Breaks are not behaving as described.

Immortal Iron Fist’s Signature Ability reads as follows:

All Attacks
The Iron Fist has a 21% chance to reduce enemy Armor Rating by 446.57, but these effects are lost if concentration is broken by incoming attacks.

There is no time limit set on the armor break granted by this Signature Ability, meaning it should last indefinitely until the satisfying condition is met; in this case, that means receiving a hit would break Iron Fist’s concentration and the enemy would shrug off the debuff. This mechanic sounds similar to the passive precision buff Karnak gains in that it’s permanent, but it’s lost if you get hit.

Immortal Iron Fist has the potential to stack 2 different types of armor breaks. His other Armor Break is described as follows:

Critical Hits
The sheer force of a Critical Hit has a 55% chance to break the target’s armor and apply 428.05 armor reduction for 5 seconds.

The Critical Hit Armor Breaks seem to last for 5 seconds as described. The All Attacks Armor Breaks from the Signature Ability do not last indefinitely as the description suggests. Instead, they last for roughly 15 seconds before falling off naturally. This is not how the description states it should behave; it's a bug.

*All stats are based on a 4* Immortal Iron Fist at 4/40, level 74

The very first hit is not a critical attack, but it inflicts an armor break. This means it must be the armor break from the Signature Ability
s72re6g3hxla.png
No other armor breaks have stacked, so this is the same debuff from the first image. You can see that some time has elapsed on the debuff, despite no time being stated in the description. According to the description, the Armor Break should last until Iron Fist is hit.
v48g1wkjipxw.png

Screenshot of the description:
m1v5xd06k5us.png

Device and Version: iPhone SE
Device Operating System: iOS 11.4.1
Mobile Carrier: Verizon
Cellular or Wifi: Both
Game Version Installed: 20.0.1
Game Mode: Realm of Legends
Champions Affected: Immortal Iron Fist
Active Boosts: None

Comments

• Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Any update on this?
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    He was nice before diminishing returns...
    MSRDLD wrote: »
    He was nice before diminishing returns...

He sure was. Unfortunately, the 12.0 update left many of the former "glass cannon" champs in the dust. Iron Fist, Electro, Rocket, Karnak...just gathering dust for years when they used to be so good. Kinda sad.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Not really a bug, more of an oversight on the description of the Ability. Might not have meant to last indefinitely, they may have just forgotten to put the Timer in the description of the Sig Ability
    Not really a bug, more of an oversight on the description of the Ability. Might not have meant to last indefinitely, they may have just forgotten to put the Timer in the description of the Sig Ability

I see where you're coming from, but the way I see it, if the description doesn't match the action, it's a bug. They can resolve it by either getting the action to match the description or by getting the description to match the action. Until then, it's bugged.

Strictly looking at the language of "these effects are lost if concentration is broken by incoming attacks" leads me to believe that it wasn't an accidental oversight and that their intention was to have it function in the same way Karnak's focus ability works (i.e. active until hit).

It would be better for Iron Fist if they got the action to match the description, but if they simply change the description to include a timer, I could live with that. At least the bug would be eliminated.
  • Hey there, the Armor Breaks from Immortal Iron Fist's signature ability have a duration of 14 seconds and are removed early if he is struck before their duration runs out. His other Armor Breaks and those from the regular Iron Fist aren't removed when struck, but also have shorter durations. We appreciate your feedback on the description though and have passed it along to the rest of the team.
    Hey there, the Armor Breaks from Immortal Iron Fist's signature ability have a duration of 14 seconds and are removed early if he is struck before their duration runs out. His other Armor Breaks and those from the regular Iron Fist aren't removed when struck, but also have shorter durations. We appreciate your feedback on the description though and have passed it along to the rest of the team.

While I feel this is the lesser of the two options in terms of fixing the bug, I appreciate the clarification nonetheless.

So we've confirmed that the in-fight activity is correct. It's the description of the Signature Ability that is incorrect. This sounds similar to what is happening with Domino right now...her L2 wasn't working as described and the decision is to fix the text to fit the current in-fight activities.

So the next step is the actually get the text fixed. I realize we are on the cusp of a new update, so we might not see it then. Maybe this will get fixed during the March update. One can hope.

Thanks for your attention on this @Kabam Zibiit .
    I'm glad to see that the description was indeed changed to reflect the actual in-game behavior in this latest update. Thanks for getting on this.