**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Mesmerize and True Strike

OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
I tried my Heimdall on mesmerize hoping True Strike doesn't trigger the mesmerize stun.
It did.

Considering True Strike doesn't trigger passive evades, shouldn't it work for mesmerize?
If you know the reason as to why mesmerize evade is different please let me know.

Comments

• Anon1Anon1 Posts: 26
    The same issue happened to me. It seems like a bug. However, it appears that some evades (like the labyrinth evade) might be immune to true strike.
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    Weird, my KM seems to have no issues with mesmerize. I've used him pretty much every mesmerize fight so far and his true strike works. Or at least it never activated when I was using him.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    Not entirely the same issue, but I’m going to go out on a limb here and suggest that Mesmerize as it is coded in Epic trials may be having some odd and perhaps unintended effects. Here’s the thread:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/119542/a-blade-question-about-mesmerize#latest

Dr. Zola
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Killmonger works. Makes it a joke actually.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Mitchell35 wrote: »

There you go again...

Dr. Zola
  • Welderofortune2Welderofortune2 Posts: 139

Take winter solder and killmonger and you can keep true strike up almost constantly, However I was nailed by the mesmerize node with killmonger with true strike active so it is probably bugged. I think that kabam may be putting mesmerize out there to make people go for the drunk they just released as he can be immune to stun, just my 2 cents though.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »

There you go again...

Dr. Zola

😊
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Venom works against the spider men on mesmerise
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    AA works aging
  • BashlordBashlord Posts: 216 ★★
    Heimdal does not have True strike but True Sight.

sha0i5eersbe.jpg

Heimdal attacks cannot be dexed when True sight is active. Due to this, He cannot stop mesmerize evade, or even characters with passive evade like Spiderverse champs.

• KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    Weird... i used heimdal against duped classic spiderman, and not once did he evade
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,065 ★★★
    NC Autoevade Yes
    NC BAMF not
  • Anon1Anon1 Posts: 26
    If Killmonger’s true strike is working, then it looks to be a Heimdall related bug.

As a side note, Heimdall’s true strike buff is actually true strike. When it is up, defenders don’t trigger evade. This includes: Spidey, ultron, nightcrawler, etc.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Take winter solder and killmonger and you can keep true strike up almost constantly, However I was nailed by the mesmerize node with killmonger with true strike active so it is probably bugged. I think that kabam may be putting mesmerize out there to make people go for the drunk they just released as he can be immune to stun, just my 2 cents though.

What drunk did they release now? lol
  • Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 459 ★★
    Bashlord wrote: »
    Heimdal does not have True strike but True Sight.

sha0i5eersbe.jpg

Heimdal attacks cannot be dexed when True sight is active. Due to this, He cannot stop mesmerize evade, or even characters with passive evade like Spiderverse champs.

It literally says that his passive, true sight, activates a TRUE STRIKE BUFF. The fact that he can't be dexed is a bonus, not the only part of the ability.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    Onmix wrote: »
    I tried my Heimdall on mesmerize hoping True Strike doesn't trigger the mesmerize stun.
    It did.

Considering True Strike doesn't trigger passive evades, shouldn't it work for mesmerize?
    If you know the reason as to why mesmerize evade is different please let me know.

If you have a mordo he's great for mesmerize also Archangel and his toxins work very well.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    I just sent in a ticket for this with video proof
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,065 ★★★
    You may give us a link too?
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    Silly question but did you use a special to activate the true strike buff?

Lol yeah of course I did.

I think it should be looked into considering the difference in results from many players. Sadly I couldn’t get it on video. Hope they read and look into it anyways.
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    Onmix wrote: »
    It did.

If you have a mordo he's great for mesmerize also Archangel and his toxins work very well.

I did with AA and it’s mainly easy.

But it’s not a matter of beating it with other champs, it’s a matter of fixing Heindall if he is bugged.
  • Vegeta9000Vegeta9000 Posts: 204 ★★
    Yeah, true strike stops the evade but not the stun, kinda pointless if you ask me.
    Kabam if you're reading, could we get some input?