**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AW Matchmaking Update?

We were suppose to get an update around end of the month and it’s that time.

Just wondering if any update is coming still?

The top 5 alliances are #1-2-3 in the world without ever matching each other, how is this even possible?

Comments

• SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    Think of NCAA basketball. The top 3 teams could never play each other but still be 1, 2, and 3 because of who they beat.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Think of NCAA basketball. The top 3 teams could never play each other but still be 1, 2, and 3 because of who they beat.

Except the reverse. Top ranking is based on who can lay the smackdown harder on lowest plat3 allys
    Yeah, who they beat....the number 1 team could have beated previous teams at 2 or 3 but at the end of the season might never have played the teams that end at 2 and 3.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Except the reverse. Top ranking is based on who can lay the smackdown harder on lowest plat3 allys

This, the NCAA tournament factors strength of schedule into rankings/seeds. That's opposite land for AW Seasons.
    But again, the top 3 teams could have never played each other in the regular season yet still be 1, 2, and 3. The OP questioned how this could happen. You don't have to beat a top-rank team to be the top.
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 527 ★★
    edited February 2019
    But again, the top 3 teams could have never played each other in the regular season yet still be 1, 2, and 3. The OP questioned how this could happen. You don't have to beat a top-rank team to be the top.

That’s off.. the top 5 teams haven’t faced each other, and something seems wrong with that.. How are you the #1 team winning that season when you didn’t beat any of the best alliances to get there. matchmaking threads are put up all the time with 3300 alliances in totally different tiers and totally different war ratings match. There is an OBVIOUS problem with matchmaking and don’t believe anyone would disagree that actually plays the game more than they post on the forums.

The best play the best before the new season starts. Even though that analogy is horribly off, disregarding the tournament that rewards a prize in the end and picking what you want from it, this is not the NCAA, this is a game with different levels of players,

I know your the Mcoc defender going for mod, but the mods have already stated there is a problem and said we will have an update by the end of the month, I am asking where that update is and is it still coming ?
    Nowhere did I say it was the right thing to happen. What I am saying is there are plenty of instances where top teams never end up facing each other. But they should. Want that top prize? Fight for it. Give them some bracket-style program.
    Logistically, though, you could be forcing teams into AW at a time when it isn't best for them. You could be forcing a team from EDT to start a War at 3 am.
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 527 ★★
    edited February 2019
    Well, Master Alliance players are on all the time and very active. They have 24 hours to move their spots with a backup. They intentionally avoid matching each other now. That sounds like a reasonable rebutle but in reality, it is an excuse, esp if you look how frequent they each log in the game

I just hope the matchmaking update comes as they said it should at the end of this month (now)
  • Dean9300450Dean9300450 Posts: 85
    edited February 2019
    Check the other post, mike told something