**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Problem with todays offer

Bought the new 5 star sig special and it wasn’t clear that the crystal would give sigs of all the same class. I assumed it would be a mix but I got a class (cosmic) that I already had a lot of with no duped cosmics. Now I have dozens of cosmic sigs I can’t use that will expire in two weeks. I can’t even sell the cosmic sig stones back so I won’t get much of anything out of this. Two week expiration seems unfair in this case. Can anything be done?

Comments

• The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I thought under Apple ToS anything bought with real money can't expire?
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 806 ★★★★
    The_One wrote: »

if OP had available slots, then they wouldn't expire.

That's a very 'blame the victim' perspective. IF The_One is accurate and Apple ToS indicates that items obtained through real-world money purchases can't expire then the semantics of "Well, they only expired because..." are pretty weak semantics. I don't actually know if that is correct/indicated in Apple ToS though.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Arbitrary limits on items. Good design!
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    JRock808 wrote: »
    Arbitrary limits on items. Good design!

There wasn’t such limits in place when the game was introduced in the beginning. Quite a waste as I had 300+ revives :D
  • So was it a single SigStone crystal that gave all the Stones in a lump sum (other than the extra daily ones on the card) ? I assume then the crystal didn’t specify what class Sigs you would get ?

And agree, where is the stated DROP RATE for the Awakening ? Purchased items supposed to convey those odds, aren’t they ?
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    Stewman wrote: »

if OP had available slots, then they wouldn't expire. If they disappeared in those open slots, thats when the complaint can be raised. I'm more impressed that someone can accrue over 100 sig stones.

Also, wording of the offer certainly could be clearer, but I read "class sig stones" as one specific class, similar to the class AG. Let's hope those 30 other sigs aren't all cosmic as well.

I have been sitting at 100 cosmic sig stones for a while now. I keep unwillingly putting the expiring ones in my r3 Hela.
    I also have a cosmic awakening gem.
    Be impressed.

Recently took Aegon to sig 160 from a sig 1 because I had been saving generic and skill stones.
    Blade and Voodoo are sig 200
    Cap IW sig 142 and cap would be higher if I hadn't been forced to use science stones on Red Hulk (or whoever I ended up having to use them on)

Only champ out of all those I actually duped was Voodoo

The moral of this story is: It's ridiculous that our inventory only holds 100 of each class when the max sig for 5*s is 200
    The inventory should hold at least 300. And the fact that something you can buy with real money can expire is shameful.

I will probably not be buying this offer because I would be extremely upset if I did and got more cosmic sig stones that I don't have any one worth using them on.

This... I am on the same boat so just can't do it. Lol.

9yu025oj0nbf.jpg
  • Kabam has now posted in the Merged thread what the Drop Rates are (20% Awakening, 80% Class Sigs all of the same class which is randomly chosen).

Doesn’t help OP of this thread who didn’t know all 80 Sigs would be of a same class (ended up being a class he is already overstocked with and ending up in Expiring Stash). Unless grounds for a refund for him ?
  • PurpleIsPimpinPurpleIsPimpin Posts: 48
    edited February 2019
    Edited to remove comment
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    I have over 100 skill sig stones. Whenever i get any that expire i have to use them on a character i don't need to use them on because i have no choice. My biggest issue is kind of related. The greater 30% boosts expiring is pure BS because most of the time I get them from purchases I make. The expiry time and/or amount you can carry at once should be increased on those boosts as well as sig stones.

Easy solution....allow us to go beyond level 60 and increase how many you can carry based on hitting 61 through 70.
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Remember when items didnt have a cap?

Pepperidge farms remembers.
  • The_One wrote: »

The Apple App store guidelines only state that in-app purchases for in-app currencies cannot expire. It doesn't say that anything you buy can't expire. Apple can't enforce that restriction because that would then make subscriptions last forever.

Here's the relevant guideline:
    Any credits or in-game currencies purchased via in-app purchase may not expire, and you should make sure you have a restore mechanism for any restorable in-app purchases.

The word "expire" shows up nowhere else in the App store guidelines except in the section on examples of business models: it mentions something that is acceptable, but not mandatory (in this case, an example of media rentals and purchases).
  • peasantpeasant Posts: 240

if OP had available slots, then they wouldn't expire. If they disappeared in those open slots, thats when the complaint can be raised. I'm more impressed that someone can accrue over 100 sig stones.

Also, wording of the offer certainly could be clearer, but I read "class sig stones" as one specific class, similar to the class AG. Let's hope those 30 other sigs aren't all cosmic as well.

I have been sitting at 100 cosmic sig stones for a while now. I keep unwillingly putting the expiring ones in my r3 Hela.
    Be impressed.

Recently took Aegon to sig 160 from a sig 1 because I had been saving generic and skill stones.
    Cap IW sig 142 and cap would be higher if I hadn't been forced to use science stones on Red Hulk (or whoever I ended up having to use them on)

The moral of this story is: It's ridiculous that our inventory only holds 100 of each class when the max sig for 5*s is 200
    The inventory should hold at least 300. And the fact that something you can buy with real money can expire is shameful.

I will probably not be buying this offer because I would be extremely upset if I did and got more cosmic sig stones that I don't have any one worth using them on.

My opinion on why there is such "low" cap on items, as well as this expire system.

It's because of "game economics". The reality is you're paying for numbers to tell you what you have virtually. You're paying to get "features" in the game faster, to "progress" faster, to a finish line that stays in front of the player.

The arbitrary item cap per item is to make it more "rare", which makes people believe it's worth more. This creates an artificial demand on usage, as well as a demand to get more because one "capped" item isn't enough.

The playerbase makes people willing to spend big dollars to progress; without this multiplayer aspect, these virtual goods "worth" devalue tremendously.

• StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    peasant wrote: »

Be impressed.

My opinion on why there is such "low" cap on items, as well as this expire system.

It's because of "game economics". The reality is you're paying for numbers to tell you what you have virtually. You're paying to get "features" in the game faster, to "progress" faster, to a finish line that stays in front of the player.

The arbitrary item cap per item is to make it more "rare", which makes people believe it's worth more. This creates an artificial demand on usage, as well as a demand to get more because one "capped" item isn't enough.

The playerbase makes people willing to spend big dollars to progress; without this multiplayer aspect, these virtual goods "worth" devalue tremendously.

And I completely get that, believe me.
    Before they had a limit in our inventory I would have hundreds of revives and pots stored up. So of course, why would I buy any when I had the ability to save them up.

With that said, I ended up getting it lol,
    but lucked out and got 80 science stones. So Cap IW is now sig 200.
    I decided the worst case scenario is I would have to awaken Hype take sig 180