**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is blade still worth going for?

He seems as though he has been nerfed a lot for newer content. I have an awakened 4/55 sparky and also GR as a 4/40 4*, plus a skill gem for a 5* blade. I know he’s amazing, but we are seeing more and more characters who are bleed immune and AAR immune. This seems to be a huge detriment to the character. Thoughts?

Comments

• AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,264 ★★★★★
    Mine is at duped r4 and I still use him in most content. Still a great champ, you just need to make sure your team is diverse so you don’t rely on just one champ.
  • ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    I wouldn’t waste 15k on a 20% shot at him. Like you said, there are better champs.
  • BigdogbobBigdogbob Posts: 125
    I still believe that blade is the best overall champ in the game when coupled with gr. I don’t think there are better champs. There are other champs that are better at some things but not overall better. With blade you get amazing regeneration. Bleed along with power gain. Ability accuracy reduction. And reduction to the length of debuffs. All in all a very solid champ.
  • ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    Ghost, omeg, spark(has more war use in general), void, aegon, sym supreme are just some of the ones I’d take any day over blade. Mines sig 195 r4.
  • Overrated? Lol, to each their own I guess. Blade is still useful. He's just not the God he once was as the contest continues to evolve. All champs see their hay day, and then someone new comes along to knock them off their pedestal. Truth is, in certain instances, there's no one better than Blade. In others, bringing Blade is almost a guaranteed death sentence (i.e. Domino).

I love my 5* R4 Blade. However, at the end of the day, best to have a well rounded roster to tackle all situations that come about. He's certainly not the end all, be all answer to the game. No 1 champ is. Just the same, I would recommend having a 5* Blade on your roster. He's still VERY useful. Personally, I'm gonna try for a dupe when that crystal drops (yes, mine is not awakened and I STILL love to use him.) The regen would be nice to have.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,394 ★★★★★
    My aint duped lol
  • Only_AlonerOnly_Aloner Posts: 141
    I have 5 65 with 200 sign, and i am use him only for dungeons
  • PiccoloSBCPiccoloSBC Posts: 103
    @Rickybobby1 definitely not the number one champ in the game. It’s not hating if it’s the truth. Most newer champs are designed to screw over blade with AAR immunity and bleed immunity and he sucks in a lot of matchups now. Ghost, domino, sparky are probably up there with him.
    @TheSpicyKnight I did 100% act 5 a week ago.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    The increasing number of thread asking if Blade is still worth, make me believe you are all troll and don't want others to get him.

Just my 2 cents.
  • MayhoshMayhosh Posts: 17
    He is definitely the best champion in the contest so far.
    His danger sense and bleeds help a lot on many cases but the most important thing is he has the best regen in the game. (actually the second one but there is no wolvie available as 5*)
    @Mayhosh definitely not the best champion. He’s in the top 5-10 but there are champs like domino and ghost who are much better.
    @Badrose nope not a troll. Just don’t want to drop an extra 5000 shards for a character who may not fit the meta anymore.
  • MayhoshMayhosh Posts: 17
    edited February 2019
    PiccoloSBC wrote: »
    @Mayhosh definitely not the best champion. He’s in the top 5-10 but there are champs like domino and ghost who are much better.

Trust me he is... Otherwise we would have seen him as 6*. I also have domino, corvus, omega & ghost. They deal tons of damage but none them heal like blade.
  • BigdogbobBigdogbob Posts: 125
    I can accept that some people don’t think Blade is the best champ. That’s cool. But if you are looking for a champ that is good in aw for offense and defense, or a champ that is good in aq, or a champ that is good in story mode, or a champ that is good in monthly quests, or a champ that is good in arena, or a champ that is good for lol then blade fits all of those. If you are looking for a champ for a part of the game not listed above, then you should probably go with a different crystal.
    @Mayhosh he’s a good champ with amazing regeneration. The 6* argument is weak though. They may not want to release him yet. Ghost is better that blade in almost every way (except for regen) so that argument is invalid.
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    Bigdogbob wrote: »
    I can accept that some people don’t think Blade is the best champ. That’s cool. But if you are looking for a champ that is good in aw for offense and defense, or a champ that is good in aq, or a champ that is good in story mode, or a champ that is good in monthly quests, or a champ that is good in arena, or a champ that is good for lol then blade fits all of those. If you are looking for a champ for a part of the game not listed above, then you should probably go with a different crystal.

I think blade is great and all but a good defender, he is not. Placed him for the past 3 months and never got a kill.
  • Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★
    Blade is incredible.

Even without Danger Sense on bleed immune Champs or nodes his base attack is still strong.

So is his Health pool.

If he is duped he is unstoppable.

• ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    a R4 Blade 100% me act 5 when it came out....he still an amazing champ, if you have to ask then you dont know what your missing.

i decided to R5 starky since everyone was R5 blade at the time.

• RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,394 ★★★★★
    ZombieZedd wrote: »
    I use mine in Aw and every possible content. He's still very useful. You can see this Eq . He slashed diablo and rulk.yoy can bring him blindly to quest because of his sustainable and damages stats. Even you can't bleed even so regen helps . And his danger sense his quite handy. And for story quest he gonna wreck it up . I did rol for first time because of blade . New champs are indeed better but blade got more than enough to be at top tier . Even players like Bryan grant use him on bleed immune nodes in Aw .

Thought Brian Grant doesnt have blade still lol