**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How in Blue Blazes Does Aspect of Chaos Work?

TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
edited February 2019 in General Discussion
In 3.2 of the montly EQ. Go into the Aspect of Chaos lane and fight Storm.

Started the fight at 100% and ended the fight with 44% health. I hit her maybe once or twice when our health bars switched and she had my health. Otherwise, I didn't hit her during those 4 seconds. I didn't get hit once at all during the fight and I didn't apply any damage over time effects. I'm using a 1/25 6 star against her, so the block damage won't be anywhere close to 56% damage. How did I lose so much health? Aren't we just switching health bars or is there something else of which I am not aware?

The next fight I take in my 3/45 CAIW against Omega Red and go from 100% to 9% health. I lost ~90% health after the first switch (when I get my own health bar back)....how? How is that switching health bars? Once again, I didn't hit the enemy when he had my health. I didn't get hit. There wasn't any damage over time effect on either of us.

Comments

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Every 10 seconds your health bars swap. Then 4 seconds later It swaps back. It’s hard to understand what happened without a video.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    It doesn’t matter whose health bar it is. Just watch the timer and only attack into one of them. Play D when you have the low health. Aspect of Chaos is also amazing for regen. If you have a champ KO’s used a 20% revive, wait for the switch, and then smash them. Boom. You now have 100% HP.

Or, if you have Heimdall synergy, just let them smash you all the way down, and kill them in a couple hits when health switches.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    If you go into the fight with them at low health, it will switch to you after 10 seconds. You have to wait til it switches back.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    dot damage.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    The only time I've lost a ton of health unexpectedly was when I inflicted a heal block on the opponent (using Yondu). The mechanic in place is that when you "switch" health bars, both champs are either given an instant regen or degen to get to the health of the other.

If the lower health champ has a heal block on them, then they cannot regen up to the others' health bar level.

In the case of 3.2, check to see if you have a heal block on you. I don't know what the full buffs are since I can't download the update.
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Every 10 seconds your health bars swap. Then 4 seconds later It swaps back. It’s hard to understand what happened without a video.

First fight against Storm:

I take in my 6 star corvus (obviously he doesn't apply and damage over time effects). I would hit into Storm when she had her health and stay back when she had mine. I might have mistimed it and hit into her when she had my health like once or twice. But nowhere to the point where I should have lost 56% health. I didn't get hit at all during the fight when I had her health or my own health. I just don't understand how I could lose so much health.

With the Omega Red fight, I might understand it if my CAIW's petrify debuffs cause OR to actually lose health when he is switching to my health. This would mean I would be losing my health bar.....

Does petrify cause health loss on Aspect of Chaos? IF so, then I understand the CAIW fight and why I lost health. Still, don't understand how my Corvus lost health tho

It doesn’t matter whose health bar it is. Just watch the timer and only attack into one of them. Play D when you have the low health. Aspect of Chaos is also amazing for regen. If you have a champ KO’s used a 20% revive, wait for the switch, and then smash them. Boom. You now have 100% HP.

Or, if you have Heimdall synergy, just let them smash you all the way down, and kill them in a couple hits when health switches.

Nah, I know how to play against Chaos to use it to my advantage. I just lost health to it for no apparent reason (or at least a reason I don't know about).
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    The only time I've lost a ton of health unexpectedly was when I inflicted a heal block on the opponent (using Yondu). The mechanic in place is that when you "switch" health bars, both champs are either given an instant regen or degen to get to the health of the other.

If the lower health champ has a heal block on them, then they cannot regen up to the others' health bar level.

In the case of 3.2, check to see if you have a heal block on you. I don't know what the full buffs are since I can't download the update.

Ohhh. I think I get it for my CAIW fight at least. So a petrify debuff would cause me to lose health at the end of the switch?
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

That is a good point, I forgot about heal block.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Anything that reduces regen effects will mess with AoC.

Champs like a duped AA are horrible for it.
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    “as intended”
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

Ohhh. I think I get it for my CAIW fight at least. So a petrify debuff would cause me to lose health at the end of the switch?

Yes, just like the recovery mastery helps you gain health with each switch.