**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Interesting! Mr. Sinister is a direct counter to Ghost and Corvus

Do you think kabam had this in mind when designing mr. sinister's abilities? I just think it is curious that as a mutant champion, mr. sinister can directly counter ghost (unblockable, critical hits), or even sparky, but not skill champions like crossbone. Is there a comic reference? What's the connection between mr. sinister and ghost, sparky, and corvus?

love to hear the story behind as well as your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!

Comments

• webtswxwebtswx Posts: 192
    Well magneto's magnetise ability affects the tech class more than the others, even though he's mutant

wow, intriguing! that's exactly what i'm asking. it makes sense for magneto, because of his abilities in comics.

Is there a comic reference for mr. sinister? What's the connection between mr. sinister and ghost, sparky, and corvus? Does he affect tech the same way magneto does in the comics?
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    I don't think sinister has any ability that manipulates tech
    Kabam probably just wanted to devise a means to counter ghost and Stark or corvus on defense
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    I doubt you'll find any type of comic relation. They often make counters to characters when the characters have no real in-comic relationship.

Omega Red is the hard counter to Korg
    Symbiote Supreme is the hard counter to Corvus
    Corvus is the hard counter to Sentinels

Yet they have no relationship outside of this game. I wouldn't look too much into it. It's just a game-balancing decision.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    edited February 2019
    It's havok also. Havok reduce crit damage 50%
  • Mike12867Mike12867 Posts: 477 ★★★
    mum_m2 wrote: »

Havok doesnt do poop lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRH9oBOj6d8
    I doubt you'll find any type of comic relation. They often make counters to characters when the characters have no real in-comic relationship.

Yet they have no relationship outside of this game. I wouldn't look too much into it. It's just a game-balancing decision.

will we start seeing mr. sinister being placed on aw boss node? if so, which champion do you think will be the new boss killer ? previously, we have starky, corvus, ghost being the most common boss killer.

i feel like with mr. sinister and the thing being introduced, we might start seeing void more often in boss fight. do you think the meta is slightly shifting?
    mum_m2 wrote: »

my corvus actually cut through havok fairly easily, but i had to switch to using void for mr. sinister
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    webtswx wrote: »

will we start seeing mr. sinister being placed on aw boss node? if so, which champion do you think will be the new boss killer ? previously, we have starky, corvus, ghost being the most common boss killer.

i feel like with mr. sinister and the thing being introduced, we might start seeing void more often in boss fight. do you think the meta is slightly shifting?

Wouldn't say those are the most common boss killers at all. Far more magik, MS, and now sym sup killers now as Medusa and Champion are 2 of the most common bosses

Wouldn't say those are the most common boss killers at all. Far more magik, MS, and now sym sup killers now as Medusa and Champion are 2 of the most common bosses

corvus and ghost are still commonly used for medusa

I doubt we will ever see sinister boss. Sure he regens but quake or R4 crossbones can counter him. If your champs dont crit or have DoTs like Omega, sinister isnt hard at all. Morningstar with 5 souls SP1 deals a good chunk of damage and even if her SP1 crits, it crits for what 2k damage but her energy damage goes up to 15k per crit....We might see him at times as boss just to test the waters but he will be best on ambush nodes
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,036 ★★★★★
    Mike12867 wrote: »

I doubt we will ever see sinister boss. Sure he regens but quake or R4 crossbones can counter him. If your champs dont crit or have DoTs like Omega, sinister isnt hard at all. Morningstar with 5 souls SP1 deals a good chunk of damage and even if her SP1 crits, it crits for what 2k damage but her energy damage goes up to 15k per crit....We might see him at times as boss just to test the waters but he will be best on ambush nodes
    Oh tru stirke for quake don’t work one boss node but omega red
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,036 ★★★★★
    Void is stil okay for him can reaver the helling but stil stop it I’m think
  • ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    @Haji_Saab voids debuffs do not transfer back. I solod him with sparky 2 times and aa the rest in uncollected. Void I didn’t have much trouble with when I didn’t solo and brought him to finish.
    Gamer wrote: »
    Mike12867 wrote: »

Oh tru stirke for quake don’t work one boss node but omega red

Right i forgot that
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    I took both corvus r4 n ghost r4 with wasp n got destroyed i had to kill him with void sinister huge counter
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Yeah, that's how Kabam designs champions: constantly challenging the meta aka correcting the 'balance' (which is just an euphemism for screw-up).
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    Mr. Sinister in UC is also quite susceptible to bleed, so any high bleed champ is useful. I solo'd him with Blade, for instance. I would imagine that Domino is one of the better high crit champs: ramp up a bunch of crits, then unlease SP3 and watch the massive bleed damage take him out. Neither Domino nor Blade are ideal, but they work. If I had a strong Crossbones I'd use him, for the obvious reasons stated above.
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    With Blade, you can just parry bleed him to death.
  • OrcDovahkiinOrcDovahkiin Posts: 323
    Ummm I haven't got to mr.sinister or havoc yet would a 4/55 Ghost do the trick I do have wasp.... Lmk plzzzz
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★
    Ummm I haven't got to mr.sinister or havoc yet would a 4/55 Ghost do the trick I do have wasp.... Lmk plzzzz

You can use ghost but they will be long fights. They are designed to punish and deter the use of high crit champions.
  • AryannaAryanna Posts: 76
    Actually if you know how to fight with ghost you can kill him quite easily.
  • EyrarEyrar Posts: 12
    Just dont crit, she can also hit hard if you have some furies.