**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Awakening Gem Question

Okay - so I got a Cosmic Awakening Gem and the only 4 Star Champions that I have at Rank 5 are Corvus and Hyperion.

The overwhelming majority think I should use it on Hyperion but now I’m wondering if I should save it for Medusa. I don’t have her - is she worth it or should I just use it on Hyperion now?

Awakening Gem Question 32 votes

Use it on Hyperion now - he’ll help immediately
62%
Timone147mmmbanyasTendersquadSungjDarkrider05mdsubGeneralDCCrimsontide1616axelelf_1Duke_SilverYouconfusedThesurvivlistBluDragonTakingAllDownMitchell35Zeronaut81JChanceH9FhfjghhggggjfhfjgẞlооdKalantak 20 votes
Wait for Medusa - Hyperion doesn’t benefit that much from being awakened
37%
AjavedLe_Marv_8OrcDovahkiinLeoGnarleyardoDRTOcx23433ChampioncriticDenzel116sickboy9LoctiteSuperGlueUltimatesaber32GOLB 12 votes

Comments

• DRTODRTO Posts: 1,618 ★★★★★
    Wait for Medusa - Hyperion doesn’t benefit that much from being awakened
    His sig ability just makes his buffs last longer, which can be useful but not necessary. I'd wait but it could be months before you even get a medusa so consider that as well.
  • Corvus is far better than Hyperion. Duped Corvus is a beast.
  • Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 690 ★★★
    I say go with your gut and do what YOU believe is right.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Well it's a 4* so the gem isn't as crucial to save. I'd just use it on Hype. Medusa might not show up for a long time for you. Besides.. My unawakened Medusa took me all the way to Act 5.2.6

Edit: I guess I should also say that it seems like you're very hesitant to use it on Hype. If you're not comfortable playing him and don't want to learn him, I'd just save the gem. No harm in that, it's your account my man.
  • BluDragonBluDragon Posts: 115
    edited February 2019
    I duped my 5* Hyperion and was surprised how much better he became, after reading a lot of "he doesn't need it" opinions. True, he doesn't need it because he's great without it, but the added duration on his fury buffs makes it so much easier to get a large stack and massively increase his damage. Given the uncertainty of whether you will ever get a Medusa, I would use your gem on Hype.