**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Thank You Kabam and the Forums!

Man...

I was soooo frustrated after Act 5.2.4. I have a roster of 5 rank 5 4 Star Champions:

Unawakened Wolverine and Hyperion
Awakened Corvus, Scarlet Witch, and Dr. Voodoo.

I had used 450 units on revives and health potions on 5.2.4 and I thought there was no way I could be Uncollected...

But I posted this morning and the forums were so encouraging. I had the units and I had the inspiration.

And so...

I went for it.

300 units spent on 5.2.5
560 units spent on 5.2.6

But I did it - Uncollected!!!

Thanks to Kabam for the game!
Thanks to everyone on the forums who encouraged me!

Lastly, I awakened Corvus instead of Hyperion because I thought his Glaive of immortality would help me more against The Collector... I was right - he saved me a few times.

So, for advice for future players - that Cheat Death mechanic is really helpful in fights where you won’t last too long.

Also, don’t spend units on health, I learned it’s better just to spend on the 40% revives.

Thanks again to everyone!

3s763mzm64d0.png

Comments

• Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Congrats!
  • Options
    Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Congrats!

Thanks man - I appreciate your help this morning!
  • Options
    John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    Good job!
  • Options
    John757 wrote: »
    Good job!

Thanks man - I appreciated your advice as well!
  • Options
    Good job!

Thanks man - I appreciated your advice as well!

No problem! When people come looking for help and don’t just complain, they deserve the help
  • Options
    OmnaskullOmnaskull Posts: 80
    Congrats bro! Well done! Im soon going to start working on Act 5 myself. So, is it better to spend units on 40% revive than health level 4? Im just trying to learn, is it as simple that you get more health for the bucks with revive?
  • Options
    Omnaskull wrote: »
    Congrats bro! Well done! Im soon going to start working on Act 5 myself. So, is it better to spend units on 40% revive than health level 4? Im just trying to learn, is it as simple that you get more health for the bucks with revive?

Yeah, I found that for 100 units to revive my whole team to 40% was the most cost efficient method.

When I got to The Collector, I realized after a few Team Revives that it was simply better to focus a single revive for Corvus - who was absolutely the MVP for the Collector.
  • Options
    DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    Congrats man! Uncollected is a game changer!

@Omnaskull depends on the scenario but most of the time you will get more bang for your buck with just a revive. And if someone like the collector hits you you will die at 20% health same as you would at 80% health. The only time i heal all the way up is if i need to last longer in a fight (Like working with void on a heavy regen node or i know im gonna take damage from iceman's cold snap)
  • Options
    SociopathSociopath Posts: 101
    Great job OP!
  • Options
    Sociopath wrote: »
    Your doing great! and are roughly where I was in spending units.
    Personally I found 5.2.5 the hardest and most costly and 5.2.6 was a breeze in terms of units.
    Is it worth doing? Well "Yes", The login and daily crystals are helpful for basic catas and CC (although a small amount is given they all add up)
    As for the EQ and taken in mind that I only became uncollected 2 months ago..Its easy to 100% the first 2 chapters which give you a great amount of 4*/5*/6* shards.. as for the final chapter, well its down to your roster and that particular boss nodes and if you can even just one run each part its worth it.
    As for skill, dont put yourself down (you've come further than alot) and in all honestly I still suck at certain points - Intercepting" im lookin at you!
    So "yeah" your doing great and its worth the investment *Pat on the back*

@Sociopath Thanks - Your comments were definitely encouraging and helped me just say - I have the time and the units, people have been in the same situation, let’s go for it.

Really appreciated.
  • Options
    Welcome to the ranks of the Uncollected.
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Congrats!

Thanks man - I appreciate your help this morning!

No problem. We all start somewhere and this community should help lift each other up. You did the hard work and kudos for that. Now you get access to the Uncollected crystals and calendar.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,375 ★★★★★
    Well done on going for it. Enjoy the success; and definitely go for it, in the Uncollected EQ.
  • Options
    AceLuffySaboAceLuffySabo Posts: 286 ★★
    Nice, glad you made it. Enjoy being Uncollected :)
  • Options
    HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    Well done.

This is a HUGE milestone.
  • Options
    Congrats on becoming Uncollected! Good work!
  • Options
    Congrats! But I still think you spent too many units. I didn't spend any units in the quests before the collector. I just restarted them. I used between 400-500 units on revives when I got to the collector
  • Options
    @Xxxdaniel3344 I tried to escape the simulation that we call life. They caught me and didn’t want me to influence the masses about their control over us . One day though, one day
  • Options
    Viper83Viper83 Posts: 210
    Good job.
  • Options
    ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    edited February 2019
    @Xxxdaniel3344 I tried to escape the simulation that we call life. They caught me and didn’t want me to influence the masses about their control over us . One day though, one day
    He's not THE ONE..
  • Options
    ẞlооd wrote: »
    He's not THE ONE..

You are correct, I think the number they gave me was 42. And called me The Answer
  • Options
    RaiserRaiser Posts: 424 ★★
    Congrats bro... have good luck with some FGMC coming on your way... well done
  • Options
    SpiderBroSpiderBro Posts: 80
    Yo congrats dude it seems like everyone is getting uncollected now I am still stuck on 5.2 4 how did u do it?
  • Options
    SpiderBro wrote: »
    Yo congrats dude it seems like everyone is getting uncollected now I am still stuck on 5.2 4 how did u do it?

Honestly, I’m not that skilled so it took three things:

1. Practice and studying. I still suck at intercepting and parrying compared to @Seatin and the rest of the YouTubers. But their tutorial videos were absolutely critical for me to know what to expect - the Massochism, Bane, and Buffet nodes are so difficult in 5.2.4-6.
    2. The right champs. I’m lucky to have gotten some elite champs in the last 8 months and I’m in an alliance that is much more advanced and generous than I deserve to be in. Specially, I needed maxed 4 Star regeneration champs (unawakened Wolverine and awakened Dr. Voodoo primarily) and heavy damage champions (awakened Corvus and unawakened scarlet Witch and Hyperion). Without that combination, I don’t think I could have done it. Also, for the Collector, Corvus was my MVP - his awakened ability of not dying immediately if he has Glaive charged REALLY helped me chip off health from the Collector bit by bit.
    3. Units. Like I said, I’m not skilled but I work hard. I had thousands of units saved from grinding arenas, so when I finally committed to becoming Uncollected, I just understood I was going to deplete a lot of my stash. Everyone says it’s worth it, so I thought it was the best use of my units.

I hope that helps - good luck!