**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Answer the Captain’s Call. Take on Captain Marvel’s Combat Clash!

Comments

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Manup456 wrote: »
    I just want to know what's the point of completion if you can't get those rewards without exploring. Why not add everything into exploration rewards. Also why is this the only EQ like this.

This was not always the case with the events only the previous and this one.

o197527518yl.jpg

You can get completion rewards without exploration.

No you can't. You have to run all paths to get to the boss. The rewards are separate how they're listed but you cannot do one without the other

For the act rewards yeah you can if you don't explore ch1 but that's it
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    @mirage_turtle how did you do that

Skip to a boss in the first 4 paths then finish the last path.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    I just want to know what's the point of completion if you can't get those rewards without exploring. Why not add everything into exploration rewards. Also why is this the only EQ like this.

This was not always the case with the events only the previous and this one.

o197527518yl.jpg

You can get completion rewards without exploration.

No you can't. You have to run all paths to get to the boss. The rewards are separate how they're listed but you cannot do one without the other

For the act rewards yeah you can if you don't explore ch1 but that's it

Did you see my picture?

• Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    @mirage_turtle how did you do that

Skip to a boss in the first 4 paths then finish the last path.

This guy has it, @Manup456

You can do a single path of completion to fly through Chapter 1 and then get to Chapter 2. There's no shortcut for chapter 2 though. You have to do all of it.

I was just trying to demonstrate that what you were saying wasn't correct. It's not impossible to get Completion Rewards without Exploration Rewards.

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    PeterQuill wrote: »
    xNig wrote: »
    xNig wrote: »
    So I consider myself lucky with a 5/65 corvus, but damn this was an easy challenge this time around. Corvus had 4 charges the entire time and did every single fight. Rogue fight was amazing. 4 or 5 hits into her block and shes dead. I find these extremely boring and tedious though. Cannot say it enough on how much I dislike the style of these challenges.

4-5 hits with a R5 CG? You’re doing Master right?

No sir, corvus gets those critical hits when he hits into a block so if rogue is blocking eight away it's the quickest fight. Even the last rogue when down in less than fifteen seconds. All my other champs against her though didn't do too great since they can't crit through blocks

Weird. Mine didn’t get her down in 4-5 hits. Lol whatever. The quest was cleared anyway. :D

I also had a 4 charges, a 30% boost, 15% attack boost and the cosmic special boost going so that could be a difference.

Oh. No wonder. I did the quest unboosted. Didn't feel like it warranted the boosts.
  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★
    I just duped my Corvus 😁😁😁 he is going to rank 5 after i finish. I brought him with all his synergies active and got 4 charges the first path. I'm pretty sure i can't oneshot the whole thing but will give it my best shot! Probably will need a few revives. Nothing like the Champions Clash though. That one cost me like 2k units plus what i had in stash just on Hyperion. Very happy this one is more manageable.
  • Surely brawl is broken right? The timer resets as soon as they get unstoppable. That means they get it every 5 seconds not 10. Also could you be more obvious in your cash grab attempts with that aspect of war unstoppable imiw? Smh

Unstoppable lasts for 5 seconds, then it wears off for another 5 seconds before activating again.

There is 10 seconds between each activation. The node is working properly.
    I get it’s working properly and that’s how it works. But it just seems a little overpowered the way it is. Actual10 seconds between would be more manageable but still a challenge. The description just seems a bit misleading. I didn’t mean I think it is actually broken just that it seems it
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    Karnage wrote: »
    My question is, what's the point?
    Why don't you just give the rewards to the top 1% of players, or anyone who has a Corvus Glaive and not bother with the content?
    I would love to see anyone at Kabam complete this with no resources used...
    You make a champion specifically designed to Counter unstoppable (Cap IW), but oh wait, nope, he doesn't work either...
    I won't even bother looking at any more champion clashes, it's pointless. I have no problem with difficult content being added, you guys did a great job of Variant making it mostly skill based rather than about how much money you have in your wallet. And I'm not asking it to be like Gwenpools Movies either. I just want it to be doable without having to spend an Odins on doing it, because I refuse to spend that amount of money on the comparatively low rewards from champions clash. Especially for RNG based rewards, it's ridiculous.
    Then when you do finally do it by spending a small fortune, you get the pleasure of pulling a 5* Kamala Khan or maybe a 6* DPXF if you're lucky...
    Screw that, keep your rewards, and keep your content. It's not fun, it's not challenging, it's not skill based. It's literally just a case of "Do you have Corvus or not".
    Making fights where you can't block and after the first 10 seconds the opponent is unstoppable for 98% of the time is just pure lunacy. The combination of Brawl, aspect of war, kinetic transference and invade, combined with Rogues reduced debuff duration is an absolute joke.
    Just stop with the unstoppable and unavoidable damage mechanics, its pathetic, completely unnecessary, and is just winding up the community.
    Either make it do-able with pure skill, or increase the rewards to make them actually worth spending the units/money on. Because I for one, refuse to buy a ton of units, that aren't cheap, just to get a 99% chance of getting a champion I don't want. Hell no.
    Something of that difficulty should offer a guaranteed 5* God tier champion, not a 5* that's going to sit at the bottom of my roster forever and a day...
    And I know it states "not everyone can do this, its not meant to be easy", but what you should of put is "This is impossible unless you're willing to sink a couple thousand units into it, or if you have Corvus Glaive" that would of been much more accurate...

Can you please explain to me how Variant is skill based? Not sure if you haven’t played it in a while but you (1) need SPECIFIC champions to counter certain paths/champions and (2) there are some mechanics that you can’t get by because of its design. I understand you don’t like how Champion’s Clash works because there’s no counter to Brawl + the need to have specific champions (all of which I agree).
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Rogue is seriously the cheapest fight ever. There’s literally no counter. You just have to keep throwing items at her. She’s the most aggressive champion I’ve ever seen in the game so hitting into her block is not really an option, nor is parrying. Finding a window to intercept is pretty much impossible thanks to brawl. Seriously, someone from Kabam show me a flawless fight against Rogue in Chapter 2. I’ve almost thrown my phone over 20 times in an attempt to find some counter to this BS.

Lagacy and one of the guys iny alliance both have videos fighting her (using corvus though) where they had some really good and some not so good fights. Here's the guy in my alliance who just went full corvus for the whole thing

https://youtu.be/WCFycdbVEjQ
    I didn't have as much luck getting her to block as some did, but it is possible at least
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Rogue is seriously the cheapest fight ever. There’s literally no counter. You just have to keep throwing items at her. She’s the most aggressive champion I’ve ever seen in the game so hitting into her block is not really an option, nor is parrying. Finding a window to intercept is pretty much impossible thanks to brawl. Seriously, someone from Kabam show me a flawless fight against Rogue in Chapter 2. I’ve almost thrown my phone over 20 times in an attempt to find some counter to this BS.

Lagacy and one of the guys iny alliance both have videos fighting her (using corvus though) where they had some really good and some not so good fights. Here's the guy in my alliance who just went full corvus for the whole thing

I’ve seen that video. But I don’t have a 5/65 Corvus nor do I have suicides so it’s really not a fair point of comparison. I am a bit frustrated. Maybe this challenge is geared more for the top players. I just hate that you seemingly need a high level Corvus to compete. I’m not so lucky with the crystals.

I’ve seen that video. But I don’t have a 5/65 Corvus nor do I have suicides so it’s really not a fair point of comparison. I am a bit frustrated. Maybe this challenge is geared more for the top players. I just hate that you seemingly need a high level Corvus to compete. I’m not so lucky with the crystals.

If your intercept game is very strong you could probably do it with SL. Wouldn't be a fun fight though. Maybe even spark, though you wouldn't have a ton of time to build poise but you could get your attack high enough to punish a block
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    Players : All this unstoppable stuff of late is annoying. We dont like it!

Kabam : Hey lets make a new challenge with lots of unstoppable! Then tell them not to complain about difficulty trololol.
  • TreininTreinin Posts: 208 ★★★
    So glad we got a new challenge this month! Thanks Kabam!

I found this a great level of difficulty - used a 30% boost, and although the fights were challenging it only took me 2 single 20% revives and a few potions. I know plenty of others who did this with maybe 300 units worth of items, which they give you back in the rewards.

This difficulty is 100% appropriate to the level of reward - awesome job!

• Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    @Treinin What team did you use? Any specific matchups?
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    @Treinin What team did you use? Any specific matchups?

He used the BLAH BLAH team
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    I've heard that Corvus is helpful, but he's certainly not necessary. Mine stayed on the bench in favor of Vision.

I used Void for all the fights and only used the items that were in my inventory to finish them. No crystals, no units.

Personally, I think they could have renamed this the "Intercepting Challenge" as all the Chapter 2 fights are geared for that. Aspect of War. Invade. Mighty Charge. Fisticuffs. Rolling Thunder. Oscillate. All of these nodes have the potential to be very punishing to people who rely on blocks and parries. As such, intercepting is key.

Based on the heavy reliance on intercepting, I'd say that while Corvus could make this challenge easier, it certainly doesn't require a Corvus or an Odin's worth of units to finish.

I'd say that with the Champion's Clash, it was very important to find the right matchups. Magik, Iceman, and the Champion would destroy anyone who was unprepared. The Captain Marvel Clash seems less restrictive of one's roster, but it is more demanding of a player's skill.

I don’t know about all of that chief. With Rogue, you have Brawl AND aspect of war, therefore you have a very small window to intercept her. BW? 3% evade chance becomes 100. IMIW? Sure you can intercept. However, with Kabam interfering and making the AI more unpredictable for the players it makes intercepting difficult because the AI’s behavior is not constant. @DorkLessons can attest to that. Content like this makes people believe it’s a cash grab.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    "Content like this makes people believe it’s a cash grab"

This is only the second event like this we have had with an epic level. If we had no epic level, no one would be complaining about the quest difficulty. Epic is supposed to be the hardest content. Kabam releases something and says "Hey guys, this is really really hard. Most people that try it will fail." The players try it and say "Hey this is really hard. Cash Grab!" Cash grab gets thrown around here so much it's absurd. If they warn us it's really hard it's not a cash grab if it turns out they were telling the truth. No one has to spend any cash on this quest.

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    People are just in denial that there's content they aren't ready to do.
  • KarnageKarnage Posts: 152 ★★
    "Content like this makes people believe it’s a cash grab"

This is only the second event like this we have had with an epic level. If we had no epic level, no one would be complaining about the quest difficulty. Epic is supposed to be the hardest content. Kabam releases something and says "Hey guys, this is really really hard. Most people that try it will fail." The players try it and say "Hey this is really hard. Cash Grab!" Cash grab gets thrown around here so much it's absurd. If they warn us it's really hard it's not a cash grab if it turns out they were telling the truth. No one has to spend any cash on this quest.

There's a difference between," this is hard" and "this is only possible if you have one specific champion". There should never be content that only 1 champion can get through. But there are always selfish people, those who have that 1 champion will tell the rest to be quiet, like he's some sort of authority on the matter.
    And to be honest, to do all that to get an Old Man Logan? Nah, pointless...