**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is Old Man Logan Good: Just got him

Recently got him from a Premuim I usually trust seating tier list but I want other opinions. Thoughts?

Comments

• Repto23Repto23 Posts: 735 ★★★
    Nope, i personally dont think he is good
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    A lot of people are probably going to tell you he’s awful but I think you should make your own mind up about him. He’s one of my personal favourites and yes he is actually very useful as long as you know how to use him. I’ll start with his sig first because it massively improves him. From the description it doesn’t sound that impressive, but if you’re able to manage the pacifism charges well it’s really good. Basically unduped Logan has 2 ways to inflict bleed. His sp2 can inflict up to 3 relatively high damage bleeds and his sp3 guarantees one bleed (sp1 and 2 are far better than 3). Awakened he can inflict bleed on any special including sp1 as long as he has pacifism.

Let’s say you have 3 charges of pacifism when you launch a sp2. Sp2 has 3 hits. Awakened he will be able to inflict UP TO 4 bleeds on each hit with 3 charges of pacifism. So 12 total. 3 from his sig, and one from his unduped sp2 bleed. These are different bleeds with different damages and durations. The unduped bleed is stronger, but his sig is brutal when you get enough stacks. More pacifism=more likely to get a lot of stacks. As you can imagine Deep Wounds is particularly useful to have with Logan.

The same applies to his sp1. If you have 3 charges of pacifism you could get up to 3 bleeds from his sp1, up to 5 with 5 charges of pacifism and so on. Sp1 is great because it pierces 100% of the opponent’s armour. I’ve had crits of over 10k at r5.

Berserk is excellent for burst damage. Each time an opponent uses a special, or you lose 10% health he gains a charge of pacifism. Each time he gains he has a chance to go berserk with fury and cruelty. Again, if you get enough charges beforehand he hitsreally hard during berserk and bleed damage does scale up.

His Regen is more useful than it seems also. It’s permanent and recovers around 4.5k health per minute at r5 with recovery. Perfect for replacing lost health from chip damage when blocking and using parry. Play well and you can consider him a good Regen champ.

He shrugs bleed off 85% faster than normal. So you can easily go through a bleed node taking very little damage with his Regen on top of that. What’s left can heal up later in the fight. He’s a better all rounder than wolverine or x-23 with a great damage output and some healing. Bleed immunes are not an issue due to berserk and sp1 and you can choose not to inflict bleed on certain champs like cable, who will then put Degen on you in return.

Is he worth a gem? Entirely up to you, if you like him then I’d use a class gem. Not generic though. Also depends on what other mutants you have and what types of champs you need more of.

This is a pic from a while ago when I had him at 4/40. I deliberately took some hits to get my pacifism up but keep in mind that was only because the opponent wouldn’t have survived long enough otherwise. It’s very possible to repeat this by simply baiting specials and not taking damage. owibkmy9nsv9.jpeg

• SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    Unfortunately he’s not
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Honestly I love OML he's probably one of the most underrated champs in the game
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    Sneaky-good with Suicides, because of how his regen works
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    I personally really like using my 5/50 OML. He was my first maxed out 4* and I have no regrets. His regen isn't too bad, and he can do a fair chunk of damage if you get enough Pacifism Charges. And his ability to reduce the duration of bleeds is also very useful.

Definitely needs some small changes though. I'd like to see his regen buffed just a bit (maybe 40% more?), his cruelty buffs be a bit more powerful (at least a few hundred points of Crit Damage Rating, please), and see it made so it's a bit easier to get Pacifism Charges (small chance for each hit exchanged?)

But hey from this post I found out that OML's sig ability is more useful than its description makes it out to be. So thanks to the OP for putting up this thread and @winterthur for posting that quote. I mean he's not awakened yet but now I'm even more hopeful for that dupe...
  • Nope he's meme tier champion
  • Thanks for all the feedback. He was listed as “Pretty Useful” on the list so I figured I scored big time. I’ll take this in consideration THX:)
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    winterthur wrote: »
    A lot of people are probably going to tell you he’s awful but I think you should make your own mind up about him. He’s one of my personal favourites and yes he is actually very useful as long as you know how to use him. I’ll start with his sig first because it massively improves him. From the description it doesn’t sound that impressive, but if you’re able to manage the pacifism charges well it’s really good. Basically unduped Logan has 2 ways to inflict bleed. His sp2 can inflict up to 3 relatively high damage bleeds and his sp3 guarantees one bleed (sp1 and 2 are far better than 3). Awakened he can inflict bleed on any special including sp1 as long as he has pacifism.

Let’s say you have 3 charges of pacifism when you launch a sp2. Sp2 has 3 hits. Awakened he will be able to inflict UP TO 4 bleeds on each hit with 3 charges of pacifism. So 12 total. 3 from his sig, and one from his unduped sp2 bleed. These are different bleeds with different damages and durations. The unduped bleed is stronger, but his sig is brutal when you get enough stacks. More pacifism=more likely to get a lot of stacks. As you can imagine Deep Wounds is particularly useful to have with Logan.

The same applies to his sp1. If you have 3 charges of pacifism you could get up to 3 bleeds from his sp1, up to 5 with 5 charges of pacifism and so on. Sp1 is great because it pierces 100% of the opponent’s armour. I’ve had crits of over 10k at r5.

Berserk is excellent for burst damage. Each time an opponent uses a special, or you lose 10% health he gains a charge of pacifism. Each time he gains he has a chance to go berserk with fury and cruelty. Again, if you get enough charges beforehand he hitsreally hard during berserk and bleed damage does scale up.

His Regen is more useful than it seems also. It’s permanent and recovers around 4.5k health per minute at r5 with recovery. Perfect for replacing lost health from chip damage when blocking and using parry. Play well and you can consider him a good Regen champ.

He shrugs bleed off 85% faster than normal. So you can easily go through a bleed node taking very little damage with his Regen on top of that. What’s left can heal up later in the fight. He’s a better all rounder than wolverine or x-23 with a great damage output and some healing. Bleed immunes are not an issue due to berserk and sp1 and you can choose not to inflict bleed on certain champs like cable, who will then put Degen on you in return.

Is he worth a gem? Entirely up to you, if you like him then I’d use a class gem. Not generic though. Also depends on what other mutants you have and what types of champs you need more of.

This is a pic from a while ago when I had him at 4/40. I deliberately took some hits to get my pacifism up but keep in mind that was only because the opponent wouldn’t have survived long enough otherwise. It’s very possible to repeat this by simply baiting specials and not taking damage. owibkmy9nsv9.jpeg

You beat me to it haha

You beat me to it haha

;)

Now I am trying to figure out if Crossbones is rank 5 worthy. :)
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    He is stupid. Forget him and continue to pursue a much better champ. Put him in the corner and let the old man retires peacefully. I'm not trolling. He is just that sucks and not that useful.
  • Kaks0053Kaks0053 Posts: 83
    He's a beast at R5 5*.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    OML is an unusual and underappreciated champion design in that he rewards patience and careful opportunistic attacks. He's very much the opposite of Corvus*, whose design is intended to finish fights as fast as possible. *Yes Corvus is (obviously) better; but that's not the point: you play with the champs you have, not the ones you want.

His regeneration is very underrated; but because it's up 100% of the time, it actually does quite a lot of good. Especially if he has the Sabertooth synergy.

It's roughly on a par with Angela's, but doesn't require him to take damage first. She also loses any Resilience counters at the end of the fight; whereas OML will just keep healing again the moment the next match begins.

His bleed resistance is in some ways more useful than bleed immunity (especially vs Electra and Yondu), and used carefully he can do a lot of questing. You can use him against Masochism nodes, as (unawakened) he doesn't rely on debuffs for damage. He can also be useful against highly armoured champs like Emma Frost because his SP1 effectively does True Damage.

Just don't take him against someone who targets buffs, like Ronan, DV or Morningstar. And I'd avoid any fights taking place on a Burden Of Might node, too...
    OML is an unusual and underappreciated champion design in that he rewards patience and careful opportunistic attacks. He's very much the opposite of Corvus*, whose design is intended to finish fights as fast as possible. *Yes Corvus is (obviously) better; but that's not the point: you play with the champs you have, not the ones you want.

His regeneration is very underrated; but because it's up 100% of the time, it actually does quite a lot of good. Especially if he has the Sabertooth synergy.

It's roughly on a par with Angela's, but doesn't require him to take damage first. She also loses any Resilience counters at the end of the fight; whereas OML will just keep healing again the moment the next match begins.

His bleed resistance is in some ways more useful than bleed immunity (especially vs Electra and Yondu), and used carefully he can do a lot of questing. You can use him against Masochism nodes, as (unawakened) he doesn't rely on debuffs for damage. He can also be useful against highly armoured champs like Emma Frost because his SP1 effectively does True Damage.

Just don't take him against someone who targets buffs, like Ronan, DV or Morningstar. And I'd avoid any fights taking place on a Burden Of Might node, too...

:p
    Now I have to remember this post whenever I see a I pulled OML, is he any good? type post.
  • If you're a lower to mid tier player and do like map 3 of AQ then he can be useful for the regen. Pair him with a domino if you have her and his regeneration is much better. At higher levels he's pretty useless but for a starting player or mid range he's really good
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★

Can I point out Starburst as well? Yeah sure he won't be dealing the MOST damage, but I found him to be my most useful champ in getting through the Act 4 Starburst quest. He outdoes the degen for around the first 30% health, and reduces the overall impact for the rest of the fight. Gulk is probably still generally better, and really there are definitely better choices for champs that do some of the things that OML can do (apart from bleed duration resistance; that's pretty awesome), but he's still a pretty good character. I have no regrets in maxing him out as a 4* and I might even 5/65 him one day. Still need to pull a 5* one though...
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★

:p
    Now I have to remember this post whenever I see a I pulled OML, is he any good? type post.

Haha! I was impressed to see you track down that old quote of @MegaSkater67's from, what, 18 months back? He made a good case!