**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Sandbagging in AW

We have found ourselves up against an alliance that placed all 1 & 2 star champions in AW. They haven't even joined the attack phase yet either. I realize what they are doing. But is there really any benefit to sandbagging in AW?

Comments

  • Options
    MattManMattMan Posts: 434 ★★★★
    Yes
  • Options
    John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    Just report it
  • Options
    Agent_007Agent_007 Posts: 26
    edited February 2019
    John757 wrote: »
    Just report it

    I'm not trying to get the other alliance in trouble. I was just wondering about the logic of it.
  • Options
    John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    Drooped2 wrote: »
    John757 wrote: »
    Just report it

    It's not against any rules to my knowledge

    You’d be surprised
  • Options
    John757 wrote: »
    Drooped2 wrote: »
    John757 wrote: »
    Just report it

    It's not against any rules to my knowledge

    You’d be surprised

    And you’d be wrong. I can show you the email from support if it makes you feel better though.
  • Options
    John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    John757 wrote: »
    Drooped2 wrote: »
    John757 wrote: »
    Just report it

    It's not against any rules to my knowledge

    You’d be surprised

    And you’d be wrong. I can show you the email from support if it makes you feel better though.

    Are you upset?
  • Options
    John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    @Perfect_Clarity I clearly have no reason to feel bad. I don’t care about sandbagging, but it seems like you need this so go ahead. I’m always here to help
  • Options
    Swimmer15Swimmer15 Posts: 118
    edited February 2019
    Agent_007 wrote: »
    John757 wrote: »
    Just report it

    I'm not trying to get the other alliance in trouble. I was just wondering about the logic of it.

    Its simple: they sandbag in offseason to drop tiers and war rating allowing them to start the season with easier matchups. Points from a win times multiplier of lessor tier > a loss at higher tier because the win bonus is so high. Season being based on total points its a smart strategy. Not to mention what they save in resources by not having face tougher allies right at beginning of season.
  • Options
    Agent_007Agent_007 Posts: 26
    Swimmer15 wrote: »
    Agent_007 wrote: »
    John757 wrote: »
    Just report it

    I'm not trying to get the other alliance in trouble. I was just wondering about the logic of it.

    Its simple: they sandbag in offseason to drop tiers and war rating allowing them to start the season with easier matchups. Points from a win times multiplier of lessor tier > a loss at higher tier because the win bonus is so high. Season being based on total points its a smart strategy. Not to mention what they save in resources by not having face tougher allies right at beginning of season.

    Thanks for the explaination! Thats exactly what I was trying to understand. It seems like it could be risky though. If a lot of people are doing this, wouldn't they run the risk of being paired against each other? Then it would kind of defeat the purpose. I'm kind of conflicted on this. I can see the pro's and con's to it but, it would ultimately depend on the match-ups.
  • Options
    Swimmer15Swimmer15 Posts: 118
    Agent_007 wrote: »
    Swimmer15 wrote: »
    Agent_007 wrote: »
    John757 wrote: »
    Just report it

    I'm not trying to get the other alliance in trouble. I was just wondering about the logic of it.

    Its simple: they sandbag in offseason to drop tiers and war rating allowing them to start the season with easier matchups. Points from a win times multiplier of lessor tier > a loss at higher tier because the win bonus is so high. Season being based on total points its a smart strategy. Not to mention what they save in resources by not having face tougher allies right at beginning of season.

    Thanks for the explaination! Thats exactly what I was trying to understand. It seems like it could be risky though. If a lot of people are doing this, wouldn't they run the risk of being paired against each other? Then it would kind of defeat the purpose. I'm kind of conflicted on this. I can see the pro's and con's to it but, it would ultimately depend on the match-ups.

    Its possible but not likely.. especially at the upper levels, as you drop in tier/rating the pool of potential matchups increase a great deal.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,281 ★★★★★
    Agent_007 wrote: »
    Swimmer15 wrote: »
    Agent_007 wrote: »
    John757 wrote: »
    Just report it

    I'm not trying to get the other alliance in trouble. I was just wondering about the logic of it.

    Its simple: they sandbag in offseason to drop tiers and war rating allowing them to start the season with easier matchups. Points from a win times multiplier of lessor tier > a loss at higher tier because the win bonus is so high. Season being based on total points its a smart strategy. Not to mention what they save in resources by not having face tougher allies right at beginning of season.

    Thanks for the explaination! Thats exactly what I was trying to understand. It seems like it could be risky though. If a lot of people are doing this, wouldn't they run the risk of being paired against each other? Then it would kind of defeat the purpose. I'm kind of conflicted on this. I can see the pro's and con's to it but, it would ultimately depend on the match-ups.

    It becomes a battle to see which side can lose harder and at best tie if both sides are tanking.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,772 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Slightly off-topic.

    Can a Summoner still join War if no defenders were placed (and Summoner count is less than 10) in the new system?
  • Options
    John757 wrote: »
    @Perfect_Clarity I clearly have no reason to feel bad. I don’t care about sandbagging, but it seems like you need this so go ahead. I’m always here to help

    I could care less if you feel bad or not. I was simply pointing out the fact that you were wrong. It is not against the TOS, it’s just poor sportsmanship.


  • Options
    John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    John757 wrote: »
    @Perfect_Clarity I clearly have no reason to feel bad. I don’t care about sandbagging, but it seems like you need this so go ahead. I’m always here to help

    I could care less if you feel bad or not. I was simply pointing out the fact that you were wrong. It is not against the TOS, it’s just poor sportsmanship.

    Did I ever say “it’s against the TOS”? Please point that out for me . You seem to be assuming things madam.
  • Options
    John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    @Perfect_Clarity also you did say you cared how I feel in a previous comment so let’s not lie about that. And I clearly was referring to the fact that doing stuff that subverts the spirit of the Contest has been addressed in the past and actions have been taken to correct those subverting the spirit. Never once did I say anything about TOS. Now good day man, BoomShakaLaka
  • Options
    John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    John757 wrote: »
    @Perfect_Clarity also you did say you cared how I feel in a previous comment so let’s not lie about that. And I clearly was referring to the fact that doing stuff that subverts the spirit of the Contest has been addressed in the past and actions have been taken to correct those subverting the spirit. Never once did I say anything about TOS. Now good day man, BoomShakaLaka

    translation:

    I’ll do you one better haha pw15s93w82hq.gif
  • Options
    Ok ok fine. Here’s what Kabam has to say on the matter...

    cciy6j5o73ch.jpeg

  • Options
    John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    Ok ok fine. Here’s what Kabam has to say on the matter...

    cciy6j5o73ch.jpeg

    I’m glad you were able to get that off your chest, I’m proud of you and now you can go along in search of the name of the wind.
  • Options
    Sky_kittySky_kitty Posts: 245
    you are lucky...at least you got gold.we had completely empty map last war 😂
  • Options
    John757 wrote: »
    Ok ok fine. Here’s what Kabam has to say on the matter...

    cciy6j5o73ch.jpeg

    I’m glad you were able to get that off your chest, I’m proud of you and now you can go along in search of the name of the wind.

    Alright Kvothe, you made your point you pesky Adena Ruh. Lol.
  • Options
    John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    John757 wrote: »
    Ok ok fine. Here’s what Kabam has to say on the matter...

    cciy6j5o73ch.jpeg

    I’m glad you were able to get that off your chest, I’m proud of you and now you can go along in search of the name of the wind.

    Alright Kvothe, you made your point you pesky Adena Ruh. Lol.

    @savemejebusx Thank you!! I’m glad someone got this
  • Options
    LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Agent_007 wrote: »
    Swimmer15 wrote: »
    Agent_007 wrote: »
    John757 wrote: »
    Just report it

    I'm not trying to get the other alliance in trouble. I was just wondering about the logic of it.

    Its simple: they sandbag in offseason to drop tiers and war rating allowing them to start the season with easier matchups. Points from a win times multiplier of lessor tier > a loss at higher tier because the win bonus is so high. Season being based on total points its a smart strategy. Not to mention what they save in resources by not having face tougher allies right at beginning of season.

    Thanks for the explaination! Thats exactly what I was trying to understand. It seems like it could be risky though. If a lot of people are doing this, wouldn't they run the risk of being paired against each other? Then it would kind of defeat the purpose. I'm kind of conflicted on this. I can see the pro's and con's to it but, it would ultimately depend on the match-ups.

    We're in Plat 1 and all we get is tanking allies (no one places defenders, and no one attacks). No one wins, and no one loses. Everyone stays at the same place, but everyone loses out on 5/6 star shards from the rewards.

    imo tanking needs to get fixed, it's annoying but we are FORCED to do it! Not to get easier matchups, but so that we match up with the people that we are supposed to be matched up with in the first place (because they are also trying to tank!). If we don't tank we will face only Master allies and we will just go on a huge losing streak.

    Honestly, the easiest way to fix tanking is to freeze the points during off-season.
Sign In or Register to comment.