**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Matchmaking Woes

So, our alliance is made up of a bunch of guys who have jobs, kids, schools, etc outside the game. We used to start matchmaking around 630 Eastern because it afforded us the chance to start off strong night one, burn energy before work, jump on at lunch, and then finish after we got off work for the day. The timing on this new system is getting worse and worse. First war we Enlisted around noon and Placement was 330 PM, Attack 1130 AM (don’t like the 20 hour window either). Second war we waited for somebody to join, Enlisted at 10:30 PM, Placement at 2:00 PM, Attack started at 10:00 AM on a freaking Saturday! Now we need to clear the map in one day, otherwise we have to hope people get up in time to take down Minis before they’ve had their coffee.

I am all in favor of a broader approach to matchmaking where the top alliances can’t dodge each other, but this isn’t it. There needs to be some kind of schedule to Wars starting, or at least announce to us ahead of time when it will be so we can plan. Don’t know if it would be possible to match teams and let each choose when their Attack starts with some kind of Opponent Map refresh every 20 mins so you won’t see where the opponent is if they are 2 hours ahead of you. I just know it’s a matter of time before we get a War that starts at 2 AM, and then I’ll be really mad.

I desperately hope Kabam will delay the start of the next AW Season until this is figured out. We made it to Gold 1 last season and don’t want to backslide because of something we should have control over, but don’t.

Comments