**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How good is mephisto?

Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
Yesterday I opened my fifth 5 star and it rolled over from ghost rider to mephisto. Luckily it stopped there as I was 1 off colossus. Is mephisto any good? I will also post my current 5 star roster below.91r3vs41b8vg.png

Comments

• Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    Hamin wrote: »
    He's all right. He's got some good utility. Don't use your sp1. Instead, save your souls for the heal.

Btw, you didn't almost get GR or Colossus. You had a 100% to get Meph.

I know. I heard that before you even open the crystal the champ is decided but sometimes I like to keep my hopes high so when I land next to a good champion I think “darn, almost!” Haha :)
    Thanks for the advice by the way, I heard he’s a good defender
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    Tiger360 wrote: »
    He's all right. He's got some good utility. Don't use your sp1. Instead, save your souls for the heal.

I know. I heard that before you even open the crystal the champ is decided but sometimes I like to keep my hopes high so when I land next to a good champion I think “darn, almost!” Haha :)

The reel is a massive troll by Kabam. Save yourself heartache and just pop them.

Unduped Meph isn't that great of a defender since he can't proc his aura.

Honestly, I prefer using him as an attacker to make use of his utility. There are too many options now that steamroll him as a defender.

The reel is a massive troll by Kabam. Save yourself heartache and just pop them.

Honestly, I prefer using him as an attacker to make use of his utility. There are too many options now that steamroll him as a defender.
    Oh okay
    Do you think he will help me out for reaching uncollected? I am running a bit of a team around ghost atm but I am strongly thinking of replacing sentry with mephisto

Oh okay
    Do you think he will help me out for reaching uncollected? I am running a bit of a team around ghost atm but I am strongly thinking of replacing sentry with mephisto

I would. Then again... replacing Sentry with most anyone is a decent move.

For Meph, the basic rotation is sp3 when opponent has 2 bars. This will drain their power and give you power gain for the rest of the fight. After that, sp2 to gain a temp aura. Only sp1 if you need to imprison and can spare a soul.

Oh okay

For Meph, the basic rotation is sp3 when opponent has 2 bars. This will drain their power and give you power gain for the rest of the fight. After that, sp2 to gain a temp aura. Only sp1 if you need to imprison and can spare a soul.

I just read it’s a perm aura if you sp3 when enemy has 2 bars

Oh okay

I just read it’s a perm aura if you sp3 when enemy has 2 bars

Yep, hence the power gain. Sp2 will be a temp aura on top of that doing more damage and giving you more power.
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    That's quite low pi for a 3/45

Yep :/ masteries all over the place. If I show you a screenshot can you tell me what to fix?
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    Since ghost is your main champ, extended/enhanced fury masteries will be helpful. And 5 points in greater cruelty/precision, dex, parry, the normal masteries. Willpower if you want
  • Darth_SemzDarth_Semz Posts: 104
    He’s currently my fave character in the game. Grinded back to back to get him as a duped 5* and took him straight to rank 4.
    Was my MVP for the deadpool event and he destroyed Mr Sinister
    Darth_Semz wrote: »
    He’s currently my fave character in the game. Grinded back to back to get him as a duped 5* and took him straight to rank 4.
    Was my MVP for the deadpool event and he destroyed Mr Sinister

Wow! That good? I played around with him today and he’s very fun
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    He has some nice synergies with the Champion, symbiote supreme, omega red, and more. I pulled his 6* recently and was pretty happy about it. He definitely has some nice utility.
  • dano357dano357 Posts: 106
    Mephisto is very very good. I took mine to 5/65. He will save you a lot of potions questing and can take the BS out of many of the EQ fights with his soul lock.

Ideally you want Champion and Morningstar riding with him to get the most out of him.
    axelelf_1 wrote: »
    He has some nice synergies with the Champion, symbiote supreme, omega red, and more. I pulled his 6* recently and was pretty happy about it. He definitely has some nice utility.

Don’t have champ, symbionts supreme or omega :(
    dano357 wrote: »
    Mephisto is very very good. I took mine to 5/65. He will save you a lot of potions questing and can take the BS out of many of the EQ fights with his soul lock.

Ideally you want Champion and Morningstar riding with him to get the most out of him.
    Wow 5/65? Congrats!
  • CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    Meph is a Hyp and Medusa killer as well. I don't think he gets enough love overall because he's not a heavy hitter, but his utility is great
  • Hood is better from your list. Even when unduped.
    Hood is better from your list. Even when unduped.

are you sure?
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 ★★★★★
    210000 said:

he is awsome

Stop necroing threads please. Have fun on the forums but only comment on recent posts
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    Pretty good. Needs awakening.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    I took my 5* Mephisto to Rank 5 .. because I had no other Mystic .. and he readily shuts down a lot of champs with his ability to totally prevent buffs right the start of a fight (and yes, in some fights, it's better to spam Sp1 to keep his soul imprisonment up) ..

ie:
    he's great at taking out
    Annihlus - prevents his Cosmic control rod - which prevents him from going unstoppable.
    Hyperion - prevents power gain.
    Medusa - prevents her fury

etc.

There's definitely better mystics . don't get me wrong .. but if you don't have another .. or are having trouble pulling one .. Mephisto is a solid choice.

just be warned .. his all utility . he hits like a wet noodle .. :(
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Tiger360 said:

Yep :/ masteries all over the place. If I show you a screenshot can you tell me what to fix?

Definitely feel free to post your masteries if you want advice. I would also suggest going on to auntm.ai if you are interested in costs for upgrading masteries or planning out different mastery setups (or many other in-game uses).
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    Add ghost rider with him 70% more incinerate damage my mephisto
  • PyrdaPyrda Posts: 255 ★★
    Mephisto is highly underrated in my opinion, one unique ability, great dmg with the champion synergy I have him as 6* r2 And he will be my first r3 if I didn’t get lucky and pull doom or SS.
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    Mephisto is a pretty decent champion. Btw I don’t know if you were joking or haven’t played the game in a bit, but colossus got buffed a few months back, and is now very good