**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How To Beat “Captain Marvel’s Challenge” as Easily as Possible.

2»

Comments

• StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★
    You throw heavies after special attacks dude. Seatin demonstrates this on his Live Stream very well. But aside from that, the feedback on this post was highly positive...

m7f09xn4v1pf.jpeg

If you are among the few who didn’t like it, I’m ok with that. But please go be trollish elsewhere, as there are many people in here trying hard to succeed in this tough challenge, & they don’t need you’re sour attitude.

But... Wouldn't she be unstoppable after the special? I think overall your post was quite informative, but I also stumbled over this part.

@UmbertoDelRio That is an excellent observation, but what is often overlooked against “Aspect of War”, is that you can dash in on Heavy Attacks & get intercepts in after Specials, which instantly removes the Unstoppable.
    23ykhghsu5jr.jpeg

It can be difficult, but definitely possible. I wouldn’t consider Hyperion the #1 option, but thought I might as well mention him, because I know a lot of people are very skilled at using him (Because Hyperion is Bad-a**). I would recommend watching out for the Brawl node though, as this is not removed on intercepts, & has the same icon as “Aspect of War’s” Unstoppable.

"[...] if the player intercepts any dash or heavy attack."
    I still fail to see how launching a heavy right after one of her specials would be a wise idea.

Thank you! He s confused, you remove the Unstoppable when you intercept HER HEAVY, us throwing heavy doesnt remove Unstoppable, specially after specials, its only works against the enemy s medium or heavy atacks, not specials. Like i said before, poor “tips”

You intercept with you’re heavy attack mate. Again, not a strat I recommend to most players due to it’s difficulty... but nonetheless something that can be done. You can stop trying to look smart now 🙂
    Feeney234 wrote: »
    Yondu is the best option for rogue, but overall a very useful guide!

How so?

Some people would consider him a great option due to the fact that with the “Invade” node, you can deal a tremendous amount of damage with Yondu’s arrow based attacks. I probably should’ve included him on my list... although I would have to disagree on considering him as a “#1 option”.

How so?

He causes bleed through block. Combined with the Invade node, that bleed will deal 300% more damage.

Interesting! Did not take his bleed into account. Yondu is a Champion that is too often overlooked.
  • PizzabeatPizzabeat Posts: 239 ★★
    edited February 2019
    @UmbertoDelRio I think what he’s trying to describe is the “heavy/counter/heavy” style of gameplay, the kind one would use against an awakened IMIW under 15% HP, or a Medusa with Living Strands.

By your comments are you implying that this is impossible to achieve against Rogue? Risky for sure, but definitely possible with perfect timing and a skilled Hyperion user. But yes, not the best idea against that super stacked Rogue 😂
  • Jawarrior2001Jawarrior2001 Posts: 303
    Sounds like it could be good, but what if you're like me and dont even have a 3 star ghost/corvus/void or half of the guys you mentioned
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★

How so?

He causes bleed through block. Combined with the Invade node, that bleed will deal 300% more damage.

Granted, my Yondu was only R3, but I found him underwhelming. Some of that was likely due to my “brute-forcing” this quest since I lacked most of the obvious counters listed in OP’s original post. But I would wager that I only got a handful of critical hits through Rogue’s blocks the entire quest. I would have swapped him out for Iceman to counter BW’s evade-counter at halftime if I could have.

But I could be using him wrong. I simply tagged her block and intercepted after specials whenever possible. Any bleed I got was quickly shrugged off by Rogue’s passive debuff reduction ability.

Dr. Zola
    @UmbertoDelRio alright man, don’t need to get triggered cause you can’t do it 😂
  • 3* Ghost works
  • Pizzabeat wrote: »

Oh boy... That was pretty damn cringeworthy, mate. Just because someone disagrees with you, even though the arguments might hurt your head or your feelings, doesn't mean they're triggered.
    Try googling that term for a change.

Woah woah woah, easy there.. We don’t get paid to research things ourselves haha!
    Pizzabeat wrote: »

Oh boy... That was pretty damn cringeworthy, mate. Just because someone disagrees with you, even though the arguments might hurt your head or your feelings, doesn't mean they're triggered.
    Try googling that term for a change.

Thanks, I did, turns out I used the term correctly!
    You throw heavies after special attacks dude. Seatin demonstrates this on his Live Stream very well. But aside from that, the feedback on this post was highly positive...

m7f09xn4v1pf.jpeg

If you are among the few who didn’t like it, I’m ok with that. But please go be trollish elsewhere, as there are many people in here trying hard to succeed in this tough challenge, & they don’t need you’re sour attitude.

But... Wouldn't she be unstoppable after the special? I think overall your post was quite informative, but I also stumbled over this part.

@UmbertoDelRio That is an excellent observation, but what is often overlooked against “Aspect of War”, is that you can dash in on Heavy Attacks & get intercepts in after Specials, which instantly removes the Unstoppable.
    23ykhghsu5jr.jpeg

It can be difficult, but definitely possible. I wouldn’t consider Hyperion the #1 option, but thought I might as well mention him, because I know a lot of people are very skilled at using him (Because Hyperion is Bad-a**). I would recommend watching out for the Brawl node though, as this is not removed on intercepts, & has the same icon as “Aspect of War’s” Unstoppable.

"[...] if the player intercepts any dash or heavy attack."
    I still fail to see how launching a heavy right after one of her specials would be a wise idea.

Thank you! He s confused, you remove the Unstoppable when you intercept HER HEAVY, us throwing heavy doesnt remove Unstoppable, specially after specials, its only works against the enemy s medium or heavy atacks, not specials. Like i said before, poor “tips”

You intercept with you’re heavy attack mate. Again, not a strat I recommend to most players due to it’s difficulty... but nonetheless something that can be done. You can stop trying to look smart now 🙂

I really don't understand why you can't just say "Oh. Seems like I made a little mistake there." instead of digging your hole deeper and deeper.
    At this point you honestly seem rather incompetent to me.
    Really? Your advice is for people to try and intercept rouges heavys and mediums with hyperions heavy?
    That's an absolutely awful piece of advice and you 100% did not even consider trying that out after you were called out.
    If so, please provide some footage.

@UmbertoDelRio I don't understand why you are even arguing this. I've stated several times that I agreed this strategy is highly impractical & difficult... & not something I'd recommend to most people. Why do you keep trying to argue with me for no reason at all?
  • ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 427 ★★

Wait. Really?