Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

How Did You Get Over the Hump?

Seems like I'm in this gray area where I can't get to the next level of difficulty because I can't rank many 5*s or 4*s to 5/50 or rank 3/45. I did uncollected but not strong enough to 100% it. I can do Monthly EQs 100% Master and first two Chapters of Uncollected but only easy paths. It's like I am almost there but still just not powerful enough and can't get further in those so I just grind arenas but I can't compete too highly with the small roster.

Any solutions to getting past that harder content or do I just have to wait it out a while?

I have 5* KM @ 3/45, Mephisto & Domino @ 2/35 and 4*s 5/50 Wolverine, SW and Corvus. Anyone else is either 1/25 or 4/40 and below.

Comments

• Options
    MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    new champs come pouring in.
    resources to rank 5* to 2/35 and 4* to 4/40 are pretty easy to get.
    resources to rank 5* to 3/45 and 5* to 5/50 are hard to get if you are not in an alliance. or in a bad one. and become easier to get depending on what alliance you are in. if you are in a decent alliance getting some map4 and map5 crystals you can 3/45 and 5/50 fairly easy.
    Getting to the next level requires 4/55 and 5/65 which are not so easy to get

but to get over the "hump" and be able to do UC 100% each month you will need t2a which is gunna be a slow slow process.
    best advice i can give is do wat you can of UC each month, Make sure to 100% master, and slowly improve ur roster and work your way through act 5 completely.
    even once you have 2 4/55 champs 100% UC will be very very hard depending on wat the nodes and bosses are each month.
  • Options
    spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Unfortunately taking a break really hurt you. Everything said here is correct. I've been playing about four years and because of that I've been able to build a very deep roster. To progress deep in this game you need any of three things: elite fighting skills, the correct counters and/or extremely powerful champs.

I've got the latter two and it allows me to complete almost all content.

For example, you can solo uncollected havok this month with a vision without elite fighting skills, or Mr sinister with void, without elite fighting skills. You can do that with 4*s. But without the right counter you either need to fight extremely well or have someone strong enough to muscle your way through it.

Keep at it. This is a game of patience and resource management. Do all you can to take your best and most useful 5* to r4, then r5. Rank up 4*s as needed when they serve as specific counters in an EQ - they will come in handy again later, guaranteed. And I wouldn't worry about fully exploring 5.2 yet. Try to work on completing 5.3 and then 5.4. Those rewards will serve you well.

Also when ranking up your roster try to get at least one highly ranked character each with a specific useful ability, like power management, ability reduction, true strike, immunities etc.

Best of luck to you!
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,561 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    MaatMan wrote: »
    no offence to you or anything, but this is a big problem as to where the game is at now.
    it has progressed to a point where you can get 5* and t4cc so quick you can steamroll through early content. but never build any depth at all to your roster.
    to put into perspective just over 2 years ago i started playing. i was not in that great of an alliiance and it took me 5 months to get my first 4/40. by the time i had a 4/40 champ i already had 8 at 3/30.
    it took my 9 months to get my first 5/50. by which time i already had 5 4/40.
    it took me somewhere around 6 months before i got a 5*.
    i remember the feeling of joy and accomplishment after months of playing when i got my first t4b.
    so was forced to build up depth.
    and was forced to slowly build up to decent strength through bottleneck of t4b and t4c.
    so by the time i was strong enough and had a few 5/50 to look at becoming uncollected there was already depth to the roster.
    progression was at a slow rate which in my opinion was a good thing as by the time you could complete something you started a journey onto the next level.

now new accounts can get 5* and rank 4* up quite easily. So you can steamroll through early content very very easily but then suddenly reach a point where, bang progression slows down.
    as you rapidly collected resources and boosted a few champs up you have suddenly hit a wall. where for the first time you have seen the need for more resources and champs to progress further.

Long story short yes. you have reached a plateau. resources will come, but at a slower rate. you will grow, but at a slower rate. i dont know how long you have been playing but you have become uncollected and now the struggle begins.
    for players around before act 5 that struggle began along time ago.

basically what i am saying is the hump you are at never existed before. it is a recent creation via the increase in rate of progression.
    before we grew at a rate of 10miles per hour but consistently. and when we got to where you are now it was normal to be at the speed you are at.
    you have joined later, been able to progress at a speed of 80miles per hour and now must adjust to slowing down alongside the rest of us.

Sounds correct. Be warned that there are other plateaus. Most can be managed, however, by devoting more time and more resources (real and/or in game) to the game and by only choosing the best pRNG possible.

Good luck.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Patience and some lucky pulls.

When UC difficulty came out I couldn't even do completion
    Then the next month went and managed that barely. I got lucky with some pulls and by being in a more active alliance got rank up materials from AQ. Then the one thing I felt made the biggest difference was getting my first champs to r4. I had 12 t2as lots of gold and lots of iso did my first 3 r4s in a 1 month span. Magik, Hyperion and spidey OG which then quickly made it possible to get closer to 100% the next month and then finally I think it was the 4 month where with some units I could 100% and since then each month has generally costed me less and less units. Unless I choose to be inpatient.

I think you just need to wait and rank up your champs. Also have you finished act5? Completion? 100%? Those rewards help you improve your roster alot
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    You need either or all of the following:

1. Patience
    2. Time
    3. Above average skill
    4. Balanced roster with counters
    5. Strong alliance

The game has always been gated with a slog occurring at certain parts. Those who have been here a while know this. The difficulty levels gate people and resources and/or high level skill are the way through those gates.
  • Options
    1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    As you grow, your alliance needs to grow and be more active or it’s time to find a new one
  • Options
    Exidos17Exidos17 Posts: 25
    As was already mentioned, Act 5 is key. I just need to do 5.4.6 for my first completion, and the t2a and t4cc will hopefully get me 2 more 4/55s (I have 2 currently). Biggest thing is not to get in a hurry, and make sure you save resources for top champs.
  • Options
    The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    Best thing you can do it get into a good alliance, that’s the best way to get up fast. That’s what I did at your level, find a gold 3ish try map 5 maybe or at least map 4, you’ll get out of the hole you’re in ;)
  • Options
    DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    Presticles wrote: »
    Seems like I'm in this gray area where I can't get to the next level of difficulty because I can't rank many 5*s or 4*s to 5/50 or rank 3/45. I did uncollected but not strong enough to 100% it. I can do Monthly EQs 100% Master and first two Chapters of Uncollected but only easy paths. It's like I am almost there but still just not powerful enough and can't get further in those so I just grind arenas but I can't compete too highly with the small roster.

Any solutions to getting past that harder content or do I just have to wait it out a while?

I have 5* KM @ 3/45, Mephisto & Domino @ 2/35 and 4*s 5/50 Wolverine, SW and Corvus. Anyone else is either 1/25 or 4/40 and below.

You will get there. Like most have mentioned a good ally goes a long way. Now with the glory store updates that will help you a lot. Already have a CG at 5/50! Killmonger is great champ and well worthy of 4/55, same with Domino!!

The key is to be in a balanced ally for your roster and skil. You don’t want to be in to low of a ally cause the rewards will suck. But too high of an ally you will burn through to many resources to keep up.

Just focus all your resources on getting domino and KM to 4/55 and they will open up your ability greatly. I remember getting my first 4/55 (SL duped) he made life so much easier

Good luck

• Options
    Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 527 ★★
    edited February 2019
    A couple steps you need to take..

MAKE SURE YOUR MASTERIES ARE RIGHT. #1

#2 Try doing the quests with boosts you receive, can make a HECK of a difference.

#3 Find out the best synergies for your best champs, could turn them from good champs, to God tier champs

KM (Void/ST/WS) synergies to look at

Rank domino and try the (Red hulk/Massacre Synergy)

sometimes a champ with a useless char like a 3* just for synergy is a lot better than having 2-3 champs that are mediocre
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    MaatMan wrote: »
    new champs come pouring in.
    resources to rank 5* to 2/35 and 4* to 4/40 are pretty easy to get.
    resources to rank 5* to 3/45 and 5* to 5/50 are hard to get if you are not in an alliance. or in a bad one. and become easier to get depending on what alliance you are in. if you are in a decent alliance getting some map4 and map5 crystals you can 3/45 and 5/50 fairly easy.
    Getting to the next level requires 4/55 and 5/65 which are not so easy to get.

I've exactly that problem. Thanks to the increase in 4* and 5* crystal shards, I've more champions than I can rank up. I really need to hold me back wasting t4bc on 3/30 or 1/25 champions so I can rank up 4/40 and 2/35. I'm not a particularly skilled champion, I can't do master EQ's yet with my 4/40 roster without getting broke on pots so I'm stuck at hero difficulty. That only gives me 1 t4bc upon completion. It doesn't help that EQ's got so much harder. My alliance is a chill one but very lazy, they don't want to do map 3. Map 2 is really below my level but this alliance at least wins a war often enough to get t4bc that way. Even spending glory is hard: you only get an influx of it every few weeks. And you actually need it for alliance pots. Don't get me started on the class t4c...

T4 catalysts should be more easily gained through the daily events. Currently, it doesn't worth the energy expenditure. I think completing the class catalyst event every two weeks should yield 1 t4cc, ranking up a 4/40 or 2/35 would take six weeks. One path in the basic event should be scrapped, it just takes so much energy and with all the rest of the game...

• Options
    BigdogbobBigdogbob Posts: 125
    The reality is that everyone except for the big spenders hit a jump like this. You have three choices: 1. Spend your way out of it. 2. Slowly grind your way out of it. 3. A combination of grinding and spending. It all just depends upon your preferences. Big spending will get you over it quickly. There’s always deals popping up for cats and shards. I’m not recommending that but it is available. You can do serious grinding and get past it. If you do serious grinding you can gain 1,000+ units per week from arenas and get lots of shards too. But just know you aren’t alone and pretty much everyone has to make this choice. Some decide to do none of them and just stay there behind the hump.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

Agreed with all the players’ points above. Insightful indeed.

Everyone face different hump issue in game. The hump for me is gold issue and I still can’t figure out effective way to break it thru. I played almost 4 years (with 1 year break in between) and I guess I have built the depth and breath of roster. Normally I can run one entire UC EQ path each month yet I can’t always 100% them due to work and insufficient energy.

I admire those players with over 10th million of gold and I just can’t built up such reserve. Every time when there is goldpool event I can make huge progress in roster. Otherwise my main source of gold is arena crystal. I’m not serious arena grinder and many time I just did 2m for basic and 2.5m for featured 4* arena. T4cc, T4c, T1a not an issue for me. T2a/T5c are too remote issue for me given insufficient gold. So gold is my main obstacle now.