**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hyperion and mordo too overpowered

Comments

• Yelin547Yelin547 Posts: 238
    People that are hard end up in AW... people get used to seeing it all the time and they become even easier. People that are hard end up in AW and become easy because you get practice. It's an endless cycle. So many people find mordo and dorm easy now thanks to AQ. Additionally yj is now garbage on unblockable l1 because you practice it every AQ. Hate it, practice and get good at it. There are additional ways to practice I've had guys who are struggling do. Duel those hard guys using 2* or 3* and get good. It's not hard, just do it
  • ScorpionsKryptScorpionsKrypt Posts: 161
    Don't you dare get Mordo nerfed! I'm trying to get him as my 2nd 4/40
    Jabbawokky wrote: »
    They nerfed Scarlet and Strange, why not nerf them as well. If they decide not to nerf their power gain, they return Scarlet and Strange back to God Tier. You currently have champs so powerful now that were nobodies in the comics or where minor characters...ALWAYS (Nightcrawler for ex). Just because they are easy for some of you to fight, alot of others struggle or fail against these champs in AW. Most dont have duped 4/55 or can even get the right champs out of phc

That's because SW and DS were god tier. I think Mordo should get a buff because he immediately loses his power gain. That, or I need to get good
  • TheSOURATheSOURA Posts: 674
    @ScorpionsKrypt lol. But u r right mordo not god.
    TheSOURA wrote: »
    @ScorpionsKrypt lol. But u r right mordo not god.
    He's great as a defender. That's what I heard
  • TheSOURATheSOURA Posts: 674
    Yes.
  • Tmasters1984Tmasters1984 Posts: 451
    The only times I run into issues with Hyperion is when he's on a special 2 node.

It's virtually impossible to prevent him from getting to the L3 unless you have a vision or get lucky with Switch or Dormammu. You basically have to just take the l3.
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    Using a strategy that is based on having certain champions is not a valid argument when the game is designed to award champions randomly. If Kabam wanted to create a game with champions that have to be counted by specific other champions, then they should have made a reliable way to get those champions instead of leaving it up to chance.

Some people love to be condescending and dismiss complaints as being the result of not knowing how to play the game well enough. Even the pros say that baiting is not completely reliable. That makes it at least partially based on chance, not on skill.

And I wonder how many people who are against nerfing a clearly god tier champion own him? Maybe their condescension is really just hiding their worry that their OP champions might get nerfed down to a reasonable level and they might actually have to win a fair fight instead of easily rolling over their opponents.

I think most people are just tired of the constantly changing champions. Hyperion is very difficult, especially when you don't know you are about to run into him; this doesn't mean the team should nerf him. I don't know if you were among the people who spent a lot of resources powering up Dr. Strange only to see him destroyed but the team. It is very frustrating and anyone who has gone through having their top champ wrecked by a nerf will be very leary and defensive at any suggestion to nerf more champs. I don't have a Hyperion, but I am very much against having him changed in any way. The only changes to any champs I would support is a change that puts them back to where they were before a nerf. There are champs out there that are terrible, Carnage comes to mind, I don't support them buffing him either. If every champ was of equal strength, it really would take some of the interest out of the game.

I agree that the condescending tone of some of the responses was unnecessary. But in their defense this is the 100th thread about Hyperion in a week, and probably the 1000th thread in a week asking for a champ nerf. Their frustration level with repeating themselves probably overpowered their manners.
  • SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556
    NO MORE NERFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,160 ★★★★★
    Lol in AQ mordo is not a problems just keep him at the corn and use hervy when hes one pover gian is. To kil him ther.
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    I think most people are just tired of the constantly changing champions. Hyperion is very difficult, especially when you don't know you are about to run into him; this doesn't mean the team should nerf him. I don't know if you were among the people who spent a lot of resources powering up Dr. Strange only to see him destroyed but the team. It is very frustrating and anyone who has gone through having their top champ wrecked by a nerf will be very leary and defensive at any suggestion to nerf more champs. I don't have a Hyperion, but I am very much against having him changed in any way. The only changes to any champs I would support is a change that puts them back to where they were before a nerf. There are champs out there that are terrible, Carnage comes to mind, I don't support them buffing him either. If every champ was of equal strength, it really would take some of the interest out of the game.

I agree that the condescending tone of some of the responses was unnecessary. But in their defense this is the 100th thread about Hyperion in a week, and probably the 1000th thread in a week asking for a champ nerf. Their frustration level with repeating themselves probably overpowered their manners.
    I do not own Dr. Strange. I understand that people would be frustrated that he was over-nerfed. That does not mean that Kabam was wrong to nerf him. They made a mistake making him to powerful, and they made a mistake cutting back his power too much. They should learn from it, not stop making adjustments where needed.

I don't have that much sympathy for Dr. Strange owners though. All I heard was that he should be played all the time in almost every situation. That indicates an imbalance. A nerf should be expected.

Balancing the champions does not mean making them all equal. Having OP champions that everyone plays is just as boring as having all champions feel the same. Balancing is about giving each champion different strengths and weaknesses. They should each feel unique. They should all have good match-ups and bad match-ups. There will always be top tiers and bottoms tiers, but when the gap between the two is too great, the game needs a tune-up.

Hyperion's problem is two-fold. His power gain is extreme compared to other champions, and the main counter to him, baiting, does not always work. It does no good for people to say over and over again that it is a matter of practice. Top tier players agree that baiting is not always reliable. No amount of practice is going to change that.

It happened to be again today in AQ. I had a Hyperion who would not bait specials. He was either blocking or throwing out normal attacks. Twice he waited for his L3. When he baits like other champions, I have no problem at all. It is when he stops baiting that he becomes a headache. I do not have this trouble with any other champion, except occasionally high level Vision. Even when I win the fight, I have lost a lot more health than I should have if he was working properly. Kabam created a counter-play that doesn't always work, so fix it.

As for the kids hurling immature insults, they are irrelevant.
  • Oesername123Oesername123 Posts: 253 ★★★
    "This game is too hard! Please make it easier for me, mkay?"
  • Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    Both champs are easy to kill with power drain.
  • bluelightsbluelights Posts: 17
    The only problem is you want to kill any champ with your one or two champs.

Hyperion is so easy if you use SW (Nullfy) or Hood ThorJane Jagg Ironfist (Stagger) + Mastery Detect cosmic

by the way X23 and Quake is the Mordo Killer.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Holy ****, someone put NC in the overpowered groop?! learn to play the game people. There are no over powered champs right now. There are lots of champs that need some love. Stop it with the nerf posts. Just because you are bad at the game doesn't mean champs need nerfing.

I do not own Dr. Strange. I understand that people would be frustrated that he was over-nerfed. That does not mean that Kabam was wrong to nerf him. They made a mistake making him to powerful, and they made a mistake cutting back his power too much. They should learn from it, not stop making adjustments where needed.

I don't have that much sympathy for Dr. Strange owners though. All I heard was that he should be played all the time in almost every situation. That indicates an imbalance. A nerf should be expected.

Balancing the champions does not mean making them all equal. Having OP champions that everyone plays is just as boring as having all champions feel the same. Balancing is about giving each champion different strengths and weaknesses. They should each feel unique. They should all have good match-ups and bad match-ups. There will always be top tiers and bottoms tiers, but when the gap between the two is too great, the game needs a tune-up.

Hyperion's problem is two-fold. His power gain is extreme compared to other champions, and the main counter to him, baiting, does not always work. It does no good for people to say over and over again that it is a matter of practice. Top tier players agree that baiting is not always reliable. No amount of practice is going to change that.

It happened to be again today in AQ. I had a Hyperion who would not bait specials. He was either blocking or throwing out normal attacks. Twice he waited for his L3. When he baits like other champions, I have no problem at all. It is when he stops baiting that he becomes a headache. I do not have this trouble with any other champion, except occasionally high level Vision. Even when I win the fight, I have lost a lot more health than I should have if he was working properly. Kabam created a counter-play that doesn't always work, so fix it.

You need to work on your baiting skills. I've literally never fought a Hyperion that wouldn't give his L1 or L2. He loves them so much lol
    I one shot 5* mordo on thorns and often as miniboss every war. Don't think I've ever died to a Hyperion in war. You need to accept the possibility that you are doing it wrong and that the game does not need to adjust to your lack of ability to adjust.
  • MackyJMackyJ Posts: 17
    Both are easy if you can bait sps
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    You need to work on your baiting skills. I've literally never fought a Hyperion that wouldn't give his L1 or L2. He loves them so much lol
    So the pro players who say that baiting doesn't always work are wrong? Are you better than they are?

It's funny how many kids have come here to post condescending remarks, and none of them have ever addressed that point. It's easy to put down other people to give oneself a false sense of superiority. No need to expend the effort to debate the statements I made to back up my view.

I have plenty of skills in this game that need improvement. Whenever I hit a wall, I check this forum and the YouTube videos to figure out what to do. Sometimes I find very helpful information. Sometimes I find it's a bug, like with the blocking issues that Kabam admits it needs to fix.

You have some skills you need to work on too.
  • Fel_95Fel_95 Posts: 347 ★★
    I like how newbies who can't bait specials cry about nerfing either MD, Hyperion and Mordo. Out of MD triggering each time dexterity refreshes, everything else is fine as it is.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Mordo is fine.
    That being said, Hyperion NEEDS A NERF. Not of his abilities or kit or whatever, but of his damn block pose! Hyperion blocking is the smuggest looking jerk in the Contest, and I hate it =P
    But seriously, it is a matter of experience and practice. Hyperion used to destroy me, but I have fought him enough in War (where he still hurts, and I still slip up and eat an L3 now and then) that he is just annoying rather than rage-inducing. Mordo is fairly easy now, and I regularly destroy him in AQ.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Mordo is fine

Hype needs to get his legs bent the other way
    edited July 2017
    @SomeoneElse I have no idea what "pro" players you are talking about who complain about not being able to bait specials from Hyperion, but yes, I guess I must be better than they are. Hyperion is not hard to fight. Can you post a link to these pro fighters who agree with you? Also, by the way, you are the one trying to bait specials from Hyperion. He may refuse to take the bait from time to time (and this is something you can get better at), but he doesn't "stop baiting."
    Ongell wrote: »
    Hyperion is a **** ****. Anything that can hold its specials to its l3 without an attack should be scrapped. This game is straight **** garbage.

Then don't play it
  • MaggieMaggie Posts: 23
    Mordo's power gain goes away once he is hit
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★

You don't have ds. And you have no sympathy for DS owners because you heard how someone told you how to use him. Lol. Yet you want Hyperion to get nerfed cause you don't know how to fight him. That's such a noob comment. There are more ways to fight him then bait sp1. Power lock/ drain champs. Just a hint we are in tier 3 for aw and the only node he's on that gives us issues is when he starts with two bars of power.
  • InvisibleInvisible Posts: 113
    Nitester wrote: »
    Why has nothing been done with Hyperion and mordo. They are way to overpowered. They keep merging other champs but have yet to address the 2 worst while killing other champs. Please fix this or I might say fu
    Why has nothing been done with Hyperion and mordo. They are way to overpowered. They keep merging other champs but have yet to address the 2 worst while killing other champs. Please fix this or I might say fu

Don't be a sour grape cuz you don't have em.
  • A4_AwesomeA4_Awesome Posts: 73
    getting tired of the whining and the bs of people who dont want to learn how to play this game its partly their fault since they are too lazy to learn but also Kabams bc of that dumbass nerf that just made old champions obselete with the exception of some so now they are focused on the new champions and now this whole "nerfing" really good champions thing will probably continue again