Why does this guy gets this deal and all of us dont?.. it's gives this summoner an unfair advantage

«1

Comments

  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 649 ★★★
    I am guessing its more of a lottery or in-game behaviour tracking! They definitely trac your activity and come to conclusion what to give and when to give!certain people who do not stay much active gets lucky 99% of the times from what i have seen.! So secret is to stay behind,stay less active and get lucky on crystals
  • UnnecessaryJB1UnnecessaryJB1 Posts: 124
    Items like 5* generic ag shouldn't be available for just a few people for nothing literally.. Cos honestly 50 quid is nothing in this game, it's not even 5 fgmc.. Jeez this all makes me wonder, why do I bother to do a5 100%?really, I was gonna close story ASAP, to get ag mainly, but now?Well maybe it's time to get a break for a while.. And get the same after.. This offer was highly UNFAIR kabam!!!!!
  • Abolitionist333_Abolitionist333_ Posts: 426
    Items like 5* generic ag shouldn't be available for just a few people for nothing literally.. Cos honestly 50 quid is nothing in this game, it's not even 5 fgmc.. Jeez this all makes me wonder, why do I bother to do a5 100%?really, I was gonna close story ASAP, to get ag mainly, but now?Well maybe it's time to get a break for a while.. And get the same after.. This offer was highly UNFAIR kabam!!!!!

    For the 2 t5bcs for a rank 5 lol Act 5 is still great.
  • UmbertoDelRioUmbertoDelRio Posts: 2,945 ★★★★★
    Mike12867 wrote: »
    Kalantak wrote: »
    I am guessing its more of a lottery or in-game behaviour tracking! They definitely trac your activity and come to conclusion what to give and when to give!certain people who do not stay much active gets lucky 99% of the times from what i have seen.! So secret is to stay behind,stay less active and get lucky on crystals

    I'm sorry, but that is complete and utter horse sh*it.
    I play every day consistently for a long time and am free to play on top of that.
    Among my last few 5* pulls:
    Domino, archangel, iceman, magik.

    Let's assume that every champ has the same chance to be pulled. Are you still following? Good.
    Assuming that, even pulling 10/10 iron patriots would still be absolutely possible. Unlikely, but perfectly possible.

    And to your overall thread:
    Is this really that hard to understand...? Enticing players with an offer...? I mean... If they take that offer and get back to playing the game, chances are they'll spend more in the foreseeable future.

    You do understand that kabam is a company, right? They're not about making you happy.

    Damn, these posts are just so... Pathetic...

    Nop i disagree with this 10000000%

    people who are less active get better drops and they did mention earlier that they do give freebies to people who havent logged in for a good time (like 4 or 5* crystal and boosts etc.) so it might be that this guy used to spend but quite game for a while and returned

    You disagree with what exactly?

    With my playing activity?
    With my spending behavior
    With my pulls?
    With the very basic principles of stochastic?
    With kabam being a company focused on the largest possible profit margin achievable with a system of micro transactions?

    I'm rather puzzled regarding what exactly you're trying to say here, bud.

    On top of that, I couldn't give less of an f about someone getting a 5* crystal after not playing the game for several months, when I, and pretty much any active player, can get several of those in that time.

    If I were willing to throw 50$ at a free to play mobile game for stuff that is obtainable in said mobile game, I would certainly be in a situation where money didn't matter. And especially then I wouldn't take offense in something that is a perfectly understandable business strategy.

    Please try to express your thoughts in a way that other people are able to comprehend them. That's kind of important for a conversation.
  • Blubfish_666Blubfish_666 Posts: 183
    Kalantak wrote: »
    I am guessing its more of a lottery or in-game behaviour tracking! They definitely trac your activity and come to conclusion what to give and when to give!certain people who do not stay much active gets lucky 99% of the times from what i have seen.! So secret is to stay behind,stay less active and get lucky on crystals

    I'm sorry, but that is complete and utter horse sh*it.
    I play every day consistently for a long time and am free to play on top of that.
    Among my last few 5* pulls:
    Domino, archangel, iceman, magik.

    Let's assume that every champ has the same chance to be pulled. Are you still following? Good.
    Assuming that, even pulling 10/10 iron patriots would still be absolutely possible. Unlikely, but perfectly possible.

    And to your overall thread:
    Is this really that hard to understand...? Enticing players with an offer...? I mean... If they take that offer and get back to playing the game, chances are they'll spend more in the foreseeable future.

    You do understand that kabam is a company, right? They're not about making you happy.

    Damn, these posts are just so... Pathetic...

    One player out of millions’ luck can not determine whether this is “horsh*it or not.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 6,452 ★★★★★

    Whats the unfair advantage exactly? How is this any different than if they offer it to everyone but only some buy it? Who says this person who recieved it actually bought it or could afford to buy it. You need to learn what an "unfair" advantage means because clearly you don't have a clue.
  • UmbertoDelRioUmbertoDelRio Posts: 2,945 ★★★★★
    Kalantak wrote: »
    I am guessing its more of a lottery or in-game behaviour tracking! They definitely trac your activity and come to conclusion what to give and when to give!certain people who do not stay much active gets lucky 99% of the times from what i have seen.! So secret is to stay behind,stay less active and get lucky on crystals

    I'm sorry, but that is complete and utter horse sh*it.
    I play every day consistently for a long time and am free to play on top of that.
    Among my last few 5* pulls:
    Domino, archangel, iceman, magik.

    Let's assume that every champ has the same chance to be pulled. Are you still following? Good.
    Assuming that, even pulling 10/10 iron patriots would still be absolutely possible. Unlikely, but perfectly possible.

    And to your overall thread:
    Is this really that hard to understand...? Enticing players with an offer...? I mean... If they take that offer and get back to playing the game, chances are they'll spend more in the foreseeable future.

    You do understand that kabam is a company, right? They're not about making you happy.

    Damn, these posts are just so... Pathetic...

    One player out of millions’ luck can not determine whether this is “horsh*it or not.

    But another player's bad luck can absolutely determine that the system is rigged...? The factual and absolute statement of pulls being determined by a players spending behavior and/or activity, is basically "horse sh*t" per definition solely by contradicting my own experience and that of many others.

    This is some tinfoil-hat level of thinking imo. And careful, it did not say there absolutely isn't anything going on, that would be intellectually dishonest.
    Again, as an absolute statement it does not hold any water against many players experiences.
  • _I__I_ Posts: 187
    there must be thousands of players playing this game so the logic that Kabam selects few to be lucky in crystal drop rates looks unrealistic imho. imagine the database they have to go through to decide whom to be "made lucky"! but yes there could be a tracking of purchase records n the algorithm could be not logged in for so many months woo back customer with some exclusive deal. now that is business policy not exactly unethical. trying to lure back a good customer is quite acceptable. specially since such customers helps kabam keep functioning via the profits they hand them out.so honestly am rather happy such customers n such offers by kabam exists.
  • PeterQuillPeterQuill Posts: 1,216 ★★★★
    And don’t watch Prof Hoff. That guy knows nothing

    Cant stand that guy. Half of his videos are of other people opening crystals.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 1,213 ★★★
    Kalantak wrote: »
    I am guessing its more of a lottery or in-game behaviour tracking! They definitely trac your activity and come to conclusion what to give and when to give!certain people who do not stay much active gets lucky 99% of the times from what i have seen.! So secret is to stay behind,stay less active and get lucky on crystals

    I'm sorry, but that is complete and utter horse sh*it.
    I play every day consistently for a long time and am free to play on top of that.
    Among my last few 5* pulls:
    Domino, archangel, iceman, magik.

    Let's assume that every champ has the same chance to be pulled. Are you still following? Good.
    Assuming that, even pulling 10/10 iron patriots would still be absolutely possible. Unlikely, but perfectly possible.

    And to your overall thread:
    Is this really that hard to understand...? Enticing players with an offer...? I mean... If they take that offer and get back to playing the game, chances are they'll spend more in the foreseeable future.

    You do understand that kabam is a company, right? They're not about making you happy.

    Damn, these posts are just so... Pathetic...

    And yours is so . . . needlessly condescending. If you don't like these kind of posts, then move along, have a nice day, grab a juice box and let the adults talk.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 6,452 ★★★★★
    1_ShuNeu_1 wrote: »
    Mike12867 wrote: »
    Kalantak wrote: »
    I am guessing its more of a lottery or in-game behaviour tracking! They definitely trac your activity and come to conclusion what to give and when to give!certain people who do not stay much active gets lucky 99% of the times from what i have seen.! So secret is to stay behind,stay less active and get lucky on crystals

    I'm sorry, but that is complete and utter horse sh*it.
    I play every day consistently for a long time and am free to play on top of that.
    Among my last few 5* pulls:
    Domino, archangel, iceman, magik.

    Let's assume that every champ has the same chance to be pulled. Are you still following? Good.
    Assuming that, even pulling 10/10 iron patriots would still be absolutely possible. Unlikely, but perfectly possible.

    And to your overall thread:
    Is this really that hard to understand...? Enticing players with an offer...? I mean... If they take that offer and get back to playing the game, chances are they'll spend more in the foreseeable future.

    You do understand that kabam is a company, right? They're not about making you happy.

    Damn, these posts are just so... Pathetic...

    Nop i disagree with this 10000000%

    people who are less active get better drops and they did mention earlier that they do give freebies to people who havent logged in for a good time (like 4 or 5* crystal and boosts etc.) so it might be that this guy used to spend but quite game for a while and returned

    You disagree with what exactly?

    With my playing activity?
    With my spending behavior
    With my pulls?
    With the very basic principles of stochastic?
    With kabam being a company focused on the largest possible profit margin achievable with a system of micro transactions?

    I'm rather puzzled regarding what exactly you're trying to say here, bud.

    On top of that, I couldn't give less of an f about someone getting a 5* crystal after not playing the game for several months, when I, and pretty much any active player, can get several of those in that time.

    If I were willing to throw 50$ at a free to play mobile game for stuff that is obtainable in said mobile game, I would certainly be in a situation where money didn't matter. And especially then I wouldn't take offense in something that is a perfectly understandable business strategy.

    Please try to express your thoughts in a way that other people are able to comprehend them. That's kind of important for a conversation.



    People who dont play arent going to spend as easy as people who play daily. Most of whom would jump on that offer without second thought.



    This offer specifically is a huge disadvantage to their player base. Small offers given to players who are inactive shouldnt be 50$ generic 5* awakes and 60 generic stones.

    @1_ShuNeu_1 Please clear up your contradiction here. You say in one sentence that people who don't play aren't going to spend but in another sentence you say it puts other players at a huge disadvantage. So if they don't spend, they aren't buying the offer, so how does that put others at a disadvantage exactly?

    If this offer was given to 50 players who haven't played in lets say 8 months (hypothetically) and 6 of them buy it, whos put at a disadvantage? They aren't in an alliance so they aren't competing against other players. I fail to see how a probably solo player buying this "welcome back" offer has any impact on the competing player base.

    The "disadvantage" argument really doesn't hold much water. Please give me a better understanding of this huge impact being had here.
  • UmbertoDelRioUmbertoDelRio Posts: 2,945 ★★★★★
    Kalantak wrote: »
    I am guessing its more of a lottery or in-game behaviour tracking! They definitely trac your activity and come to conclusion what to give and when to give!certain people who do not stay much active gets lucky 99% of the times from what i have seen.! So secret is to stay behind,stay less active and get lucky on crystals

    I'm sorry, but that is complete and utter horse sh*it.
    I play every day consistently for a long time and am free to play on top of that.
    Among my last few 5* pulls:
    Domino, archangel, iceman, magik.

    Let's assume that every champ has the same chance to be pulled. Are you still following? Good.
    Assuming that, even pulling 10/10 iron patriots would still be absolutely possible. Unlikely, but perfectly possible.

    And to your overall thread:
    Is this really that hard to understand...? Enticing players with an offer...? I mean... If they take that offer and get back to playing the game, chances are they'll spend more in the foreseeable future.

    You do understand that kabam is a company, right? They're not about making you happy.

    Damn, these posts are just so... Pathetic...

    And yours is so . . . needlessly condescending. If you don't like these kind of posts, then move along, have a nice day, grab a juice box and let the adults talk.

    Is this not a general discussion...?
    Mate, it's not like I'm saying "your post is stupid!"
    I'm constantly explaining myself.
    If well formulated thoughts are condescending to you... Well... I really can't help you there.

    Also... Really? Calling what I say condescending and then implying that I'm just a child?
    Talk about wanting your cake and eat it, too.

    Take a seat.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 795 ★★★
    There is nothing wrong with this offer. This person probably doesn’t play so they entice them to play more.

    Could I use that? Yeah
    Would I buy it? No
    Am I free to play? No
    Do I whale? No

    I spend randomly but very little, so this doesn’t bother me. It shouldn’t bother you either, guarantee this person has a small roster and they get the advantage to awaken someone you probably already have awakened. We should stop crying and just play the game the way we want to play it. Not the way we are told by youtubers.
  • UmbertoDelRioUmbertoDelRio Posts: 2,945 ★★★★★
    1_ShuNeu_1 wrote: »
    Mike12867 wrote: »
    Kalantak wrote: »
    I am guessing its more of a lottery or in-game behaviour tracking! They definitely trac your activity and come to conclusion what to give and when to give!certain people who do not stay much active gets lucky 99% of the times from what i have seen.! So secret is to stay behind,stay less active and get lucky on crystals

    I'm sorry, but that is complete and utter horse sh*it.
    I play every day consistently for a long time and am free to play on top of that.
    Among my last few 5* pulls:
    Domino, archangel, iceman, magik.

    Let's assume that every champ has the same chance to be pulled. Are you still following? Good.
    Assuming that, even pulling 10/10 iron patriots would still be absolutely possible. Unlikely, but perfectly possible.

    And to your overall thread:
    Is this really that hard to understand...? Enticing players with an offer...? I mean... If they take that offer and get back to playing the game, chances are they'll spend more in the foreseeable future.

    You do understand that kabam is a company, right? They're not about making you happy.

    Damn, these posts are just so... Pathetic...

    Nop i disagree with this 10000000%

    people who are less active get better drops and they did mention earlier that they do give freebies to people who havent logged in for a good time (like 4 or 5* crystal and boosts etc.) so it might be that this guy used to spend but quite game for a while and returned

    You disagree with what exactly?

    With my playing activity?
    With my spending behavior
    With my pulls?
    With the very basic principles of stochastic?
    With kabam being a company focused on the largest possible profit margin achievable with a system of micro transactions?

    I'm rather puzzled regarding what exactly you're trying to say here, bud.

    On top of that, I couldn't give less of an f about someone getting a 5* crystal after not playing the game for several months, when I, and pretty much any active player, can get several of those in that time.

    If I were willing to throw 50$ at a free to play mobile game for stuff that is obtainable in said mobile game, I would certainly be in a situation where money didn't matter. And especially then I wouldn't take offense in something that is a perfectly understandable business strategy.

    Please try to express your thoughts in a way that other people are able to comprehend them. That's kind of important for a conversation.

    If their goal is to make money why not give that offer to.... people who are known to spend?

    People who dont play arent going to spend as easy as people who play daily. Most of whom would jump on that offer without second thought.

    If their goal is money then they should offer this to anyone whos spend over X amount of money.

    This offer specifically is a huge disadvantage to their player base. Small offers given to players who are inactive shouldnt be 50$ generic 5* awakes and 60 generic stones.

    Its another huge slap in the face to the playerbase keeping their lights on. They talk about balance and then put stuff out like this to people who dont give a damn about the game.

    And to your pretentiousness, please leave it in your head because youre a contradiction to what you preach. Also speak for yourself when throwing meaningless insults.

    To most of what you've written, basically what Demonzfyre said.

    To the rest...

    Pretentiousness? Okay, I'll just give you that.
    How exactly does the way I state something contradict the substance of said statement? Please elaborate.

    Meaningless insults? When? Where? Calling an idea "horse sh*t" isn't really an insult. Calling certain behavior or attitudes pathetic isn't really an insult either.
    Let me give you a piece of advice we both know you will benefit from:
    Offense is not given, it is taken.
  • ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 427 ★★
    Ultra8529 wrote: »
    Makes you wonder ... do people get different drop rates too. They've denied it consistently, but if one step why not 50. Its a slippery slope.

    I've certainly seen people who consistently have better crystal luck than me for just about all crystals. I don't believe Kabam lies about the drop rates and selects certain summoners to be lucky though.

    I have pulled 7 5* champs from GMC or FGMC. I don't get them too terribly often and rarely buy the $29.99 offers. I consider myself pretty lucky in that respect. However, I'll also go months without a decent champ from a 5* crystal. I have guys in my alliance who pull god tier after god tier, and others who consistently get garbage.

    All in, it's a real mixed bag.
  • ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 427 ★★
    Conspiracy theory 1: Kabam knew that an offer like this would make it out to the masses and they're able to see the feedback. Now they can gauge demand for a similar offer or another 5* awakening gem offer and plan accordingly.

    Conspiracy theory 2: They're sadists and just want to watch the world burn.
  • *puts on tinfoil hat*
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 443 ★★★
    Yea!

    Even though I wouldn't have bought this or any offer if it popped up for me, I think we should all get a free 5* generic awakening gem as compensation for going through the mental pain of watching other people get offers we aren't receiving :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 443 ★★★
    Iron_web93 wrote: »
    And don’t watch Prof Hoff. That guy knows nothing

    He knows just as much as any other Youtuber. He was skeptical on this until there was video. Don't let other Youtube content creators trick you into thinking they actually know anymore than a guy like Prof.

    I dislike basically all MCOC YouTubers equally, but Hoff has shown a propensity towards putting out pretty awful and pretty thoughtless content.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 6,452 ★★★★★
    Iron_web93 wrote: »
    And don’t watch Prof Hoff. That guy knows nothing

    He knows just as much as any other Youtuber. He was skeptical on this until there was video. Don't let other Youtube content creators trick you into thinking they actually know anymore than a guy like Prof.

    I dislike basically all MCOC YouTubers equally, but Hoff has shown a propensity towards putting out pretty awful and pretty thoughtless content.

    100% agreed. His video commentary is to be taken with a grain of salt.
This discussion has been closed.